McClaren to Twente?

Guest LondonMag

Twente fans hearing that McClaren is their new manager:

http://stu.wccnet.org/~alarson/web_images/NEUTRON1107.jpg

Guest Stephen927

Would be a good move for him. The only jobs he'll get in England in the Premiership will be at teams struggling against relegation.

Interesting to read he's been travelling around Europe to build up contacts.

Guest Knightrider

McLaren isn't that bad a manager tbh, lets remember that better managers than him have failed with England. Our own for instance. He's never going to be anything special of course but he did a fantastic job at Middlesbrough and I'd like to see more of our managers manage abroad. Holland is as good a country as any to start with, he will broaden his horizons and hopefully bring some kind of insight back with him regarding the development of youngsters, an area our game is struggling with. Good luck to the bloke I say, while better managers were saying no to what is still a great job, he had the balls to put his hand up and with it put his neck on the line. We as a nation have to stop ostracising our national managers like we do, especially those that fail, because where England is concerned, a lot of our problems run far deeper and require more than a decent manager to fix, as Capello will find out and Sven, two decent managers there, did so. Managers need a second chance, look at Rijkaard, a failure with Holland, a success at Barcelona. Look at Advocaat too.

McLaren isn't that bad a manager tbh, lets remember that better managers than him have failed with England. Our own for instance. He's never going to be anything special of course but he did a fantastic job at Middlesbrough and I'd like to see more of our managers manage abroad. Holland is as good a country as any to start with, he will broaden his horizons and hopefully bring some kind of insight back with him regarding the development of youngsters, an area our game is struggling with. Good luck to the bloke I say, while better managers were saying no to what is still a great job, he had the balls to put his hand up and with it put his neck on the line. We as a nation have to stop ostracising our national managers like we do, especially those that fail, because where England is concerned, a lot of our problems run far deeper and require more than a decent manager to fix, as Capello will find out and Sven, two decent managers there, did so. Managers need a second chance, look at Rijkaard, a failure with Holland, a success at Barcelona. Look at Advocaat too.

TBH...shut the f*** up...lol

Guest elpapi

Indeed, very strange. They qualify for the CL in great fashion and then hand over the management to this guy?

... ???

their manager chose to go to Schalke 04 (Fred Rutten) so they're managerless... and this guy has been credited for their excellent season, so it can only go down from here.

In all honesty, if it hadn't been for one rainy night at Wembley - where conditions prevented decent football - McLaren would still be England Manager and we would be about fourth favorite to win Euro 2008.

In addition, if it wasn't for the same night, nobody would give Croatia a chance in the Euros - which will prove to be correct!

• 1 month later...

In all honesty, if it hadn't been for one rainy night at Wembley - where conditions prevented decent football - McLaren would still be England Manager and we would be about fourth favorite to win Euro 2008.

In addition, if it wasn't for the same night, nobody would give Croatia a chance in the Euros - which will prove to be correct!

:iamwithstupid:

:idiot2:

Guest LucaAltieri

Just when I'm starting to lose faith in this country it stuns me by doing something wonderful like ignoring McClaren and forcing the cunt abroad for his next pay day.

:smitten:

Yeah, blantantly obvious he was trying to muscle his way into the frame for the Man City and Blackburn jobs, surprised he wasn't daft enough to think he could get the Chelsea job.  No doubt he'll bill them as a great CL team and then crash out after a 4th place finish in the group stages...