The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

eagle eyed fucking idiot.

No, it doesn't only apply to defenders dave, but strikers have to be active to be offside, and villa standing away from the goal off the pitch is about as active as i am sitting here watching the game on the tv.

Guest Stephen927

Was a bit of a shit example.

Cringed when Allardyce said he was gonna use it if he was back in a job.

No, it doesn't only apply to defenders dave, but strikers have to be active to be offside, and villa standing away from the goal off the pitch is about as active as i am sitting here watching the game on the tv.

I know, I mean that bit about players remaining active clearly only applies to defenders, because they are the only ones who can benefit from it.

ITV talking utter, utter bollocks yet again.

Guest optimistic nit

a bit random here, but does anyone think that hansen has become a better pundit (not great, but decent) since being seperated from lawro.

the setup the bbc have of shearer, Oneill and Hansen is the best that i can remember, their not brilliant, but compared to the usual idiots we're given they are a nice change.

Guest optimistic nit

I know, I mean that bit about players remaining active clearly only applies to defenders, because they are the only ones who can benefit from it.

ITV talking utter, utter bollocks yet again.

it could benefit a striker, if say the ball was booted from the defence and a striker off the field came on, but was not offside because he was off the field and scores an easy goal, but apart from that i can't see how a striker could benefit from being off the field.

Guest Stephen927

I've always liked Hansen tbh, but think he has gotten better. That trio makes a very good team, with maybe Shearer being the weak link sometimes though he does seem to be chipping in with more worthwhile comments I think.

Guest optimistic nit

Alladyce said a potential goal from spain (was blocked and ended up as a corner) should have been ruled out, had it gone in, because villa (off the field) was in an offside position. (villa made the pass to torres, the shooter, maybe that was relevent somehow, i don't know).

this guy was our fucking manager :lol:

Guest sondre

Anyone notice Elmaander on the wing; pacy, good technique and had em worried a few times??

Yep, would've liked to see him go up front when Zlatan went out, and replaced Zlatan with Seb Larson instead of Rosenberg.

Guest Stephen927

Would like to see more of Rosenberg in this tournament too. Had a moment when he took on two Spanish defenders but just overran it a bit. Looked very direct and happy to run at people from out wide.

a bit random here, but does anyone think that hansen has become a better pundit (not great, but decent) since being seperated from lawro.

the setup the bbc have of shearer, Oneill and Hansen is the best that i can remember, their not brilliant, but compared to the usual idiots we're given they are a nice change.

Yeah the bbc is spot on. Hansen is class, I love his drunken sounding rants.