The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont like Kyrgiakos (sp) style of defending when it's a fifty fifty challenge on a through ball and he tries to make it look like he gets fouled when he falls like a leaf..

Guest neesy111

Townsend basically suggesting the linesman and referee should have ignored the rules on that Holland goal.

Absolute bullshit.

So did Strachan et al before the Spain game.

They were talking bullshit too then. I missed most of the first half of the Spain match.

that goal should of never have counted, so when does a player leave the field of play, still technically playing fine if players r cheating, but the italian player was on the floor

if tht had happened in this country there wud be uproar

Well, I guess that's the talking point. The rule, I believe, states that if a player leaves the field under his own power (i.e. runs or rolls off the pitch) he's should still be classed as being on the pitch for the purposes of an offside. However, during the goal last night you could say the defender had been manhandled off the pitch, which is surely giving the attacking team an unfair advantage by making it virtually impossible to be offside.

Well, I guess that's the talking point. The rule, I believe, states that if a player leaves the field under his own power (i.e. runs or rolls off the pitch) he's should still be classed as being on the pitch for the purposes of an offside. However, during the goal last night you could say the defender had been manhandled off the pitch, which is surely giving the attacking team an unfair advantage by making it virtually impossible to be offside.

Does the rule say anything about intentions?

Seems like its a blanket rule.

He was onside.

the rules must say something about intention or circumstance, otherwise whenever a player rolls off the pitch injured, until the ball is kicked out of play, he'd be playing the opposition onside basically up to the goalkeeper, which would be farcical.

Does the rule say anything about intentions?

Seems like its a blanket rule.

He was onside.

"A player leaving the field of play because of his momentum during play, is not deemed to have left without the Referee's permission and can therefore re-enter without the Referee's permission. In this instance, although the defender is off the field of play, (and until he returns to the field of play), he should be deemed to be standing on the goal-line (in the field of play) when considering offside. The Assistant Referee should stand in line with the last opponent on the field of play (which in this case will probably be the defending goalkeeper). When deciding offside in this scenario, the two last defending opponents are the defender who has travelled off the field of play, and the defending player who is nearest to the goal line on the field of play (which in all probability will be the goalkeeper)."

Sounds a bit wishy-washy to me.

Rehhagel killing football once again. He's a mass murderer in this regard.

Truth.

Austria look to be following this path to "glory" in this tournament. For the good of football let's hope the winners come from Spain, Holland, Portugal or dare I say it, Germany. At least these teams are chasing the game and giving us something to watch.

Guest Jawesome

Rehhagel killing football once again. He's a mass murderer in this regard.

Truth.

Austria look to be following this path to "glory" in this tournament. For the good of football let's hope the winners come from Spain, Holland, Portugal or dare I say it, Germany. At least these teams are chasing the game and giving us something to watch.

Go Deutschland!

:razz: