Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

I didn't care who won, but Drogba is my all-time least favorite player, so I would have been sickened to see him lift the trophy. I was actually disappointed that it was Terry who messed up, though. I like him as a player, and he works his butt off.

The real story is how absolutely idiotic Drogba is, however.

question is will red nose throw in the towel now. 10th premiership, finally won the champions league again. whats left to play for?

He could realistically overhaul Liverpool's number of titles and European titles in the next 3-4 years. Only needs one more Premiership title and two Champions Leagues. How sweet a way to retire would that be?

yes maybe the silver lining to the moscos storm is that olde red nose may now be one step closer to reitrement (we hope).  I thought chelsea outplayed manu in second half.  DOnt think drogbas red card, would have mande much difference....he might have slipped on his pen, it was a greasy pitch.

Unless chelsea squad falls apart in summer they should win the league next year.  Paul scholes is manu best midfielder and he has to start fading somepoint soon....??

i think chelsea lack a second striker who can be target man, like viduka, atmo they relly on people breaking from midfield....maybe they think 442 is too old fashined??

Karma.

Drogba being sent off and Terry missing a vital penalty. Loving it.

Glad that both Ronaldo and Lampard scored, both been (are) great players for their clubs and it may have been their last games for them. Nice to sign off with a goal.

Also pleased for Giggs to score the winning penalty.

John Terry mackems.gif

Karma.

Glad that both Ronaldo and Lampard scored, both been (are) great players for their clubs and it may have been their last games for them. Nice to sign off with a goal.

John Terry mackems.gif

http://mbl.is/frimg/4/60/460838.jpg

That should have been Ronaldo  :angry:

Lucky Manc bastards, fkn Terry does a Becks and lets the slimey little cunt off the hook then Anelka hit a piss poor pen. Chelski should have ended that game in the second 45 anyway.. Also top officials my arse, some shockingly poor decisions made there but if I was Mr Russian Money Bags Abramovich I would have Drogba shot for that fkns tupid childish slap whata  fkn arsehole.

Karma.

John Terry mackems.gif

http://mbl.is/frimg/4/60/460838.jpg

That should have been Ronaldo  :angry:

Hate both teams but Chelsea moaned and surrounded the ref all game so pleased to see them lose it in style!!

Can understand Terry's disappointment, but fucks sake have some self respect and keep a lid on it till your away from your rivals - he just looked like a spoilt brat crying !!

Drogba showed a lack of experience tbh,

Eh? He bloody showed a lack of maturity more like! (As always)

Anyone who thought Anelka didn't care needs their head and eyes tested. He was clearly gutted. Maybe he didn't cry like a baby because he puts things in life into perspective.

Karma.

John Terry mackems.gif

O0

Guest shaun11177

I wanted Manchester to win, its extremely funny to spend that amount of money and then come second twice on goal difference and then penalties.

Drogba is just a big girls blouse.

I wanted Manchester to win, its extremely funny to spend that amount of money and then come second twice on goal difference and then penalties.

Drogba is just a big girls blouse.

So Man U bought their squad for pennies?

Surely their squad cost as much as Chelsea's? Rooney 26 mill, Ferdinand 18 mill, Carrick 18 mill?

Why does this myth still do the rounds that Chelsea have spent a fortune (which they have) and Man U haven't?

Absolutely gutted watching Man United lift the trophy. Now we've got to put up with their fans talking about it for the next 12 months.

Chelsea deserved to win last night, and personally I felt gutted for JT. Still, he's English, so we've got to hate him.

If Chelsea actually invested in a couple of strikers who don't give up after 2 minutes of being on the pitch, they'd be unbeatable.

Absolutely gutted watching Man United lift the trophy. Now we've got to put up with their fans talking about it for the next 12 months.

Chelsea deserved to win last night, and personally I felt gutted for JT. Still, he's English, so we've got to hate him.

If Chelsea actually invested in a couple of strikers who don't give up after 2 minutes of being on the pitch, they'd be unbeatable.

Thats not why he is hated

Thats not why he is hated

I know, but it certainly helps.

Guest shaun11177

Chelsea investment in the last 5 seasons-net=311m

Man Utd net=46m.

Chelsea spend 311m and still dont have a decent forward line.

i wish someone would bring in a rule that players cannot surround the referee-captains only.

Man Utd net=46m.

i wish someone would bring in a rule that players cannot surround the referee-captains only.

Chelsea = £257.05m

Man United = £78.05m

I get your point though.

What's even "funnier" is we're at £42.95m and can't even finish top half. Not always about the money though is it.

Man Utd net=46m.

But are you saying Man U haven't bought their way to success? I'm sceptical about those figures. Over the last 10 years would be interesting, after all Chelsea had to catch Man U up in the spending stakes. I'm not pro Chelsea like, just puzzled as to why everyone thinks Man U have barely spent anything.

The key is that Ferguson has an acute eye for a player (apart from 28 mill for Veron of course) and gets them playing together as a team.

Having said all that Chelsea were one kick away from winning it, and if Drogba's shot would have gone in instead of hitting the post it would have been the goal of the year by a mile.

Man Utd net=46m.

Chelsea = £257.05m

Man United = £78.05m

I get your point though.

What's even "funnier" is we're at £42.95m and can't even finish top half. Not always about the money though is it.

Not really a true reflection though, as Man U have been building this squad year on year, whereas Chelsea just went out and bought about 30 players over the course of 3 or 4 years. They are now both spending at about the same level (in my opinion) to maintain their control over the league.

As for bringing more rules...

I'd be fucking happy if they just enforced the ones we already have. I noticed on at least 2 occasions last night, Ronaldo went down, clearly looking for a free kick, and the ref waved him up, implying he was diving. Now, why does he not get booked? Obviously, it was not just Ronaldo, but the point stands. And when Drogba got sent off, he was probably treated harshly, I mean, they were all at it. More cards should have been shown, not necessarily red though...

Man Utd net=46m.

Chelsea = £257.05m

Man United = £78.05m

I get your point though.

Not really a true reflection though, as Man U have been building this squad year on year, whereas Chelsea just went out and bought about 30 players over the course of 3 or 4 years. They are now both spending at about the same level (in my opinion) to maintain their control over the league.

I'd be fucking happy if they just enforced the ones we already have. I noticed on at least 2 occasions last night, Ronaldo went down, clearly looking for a free kick, and the ref waved him up, implying he was diving. Now, why does he not get booked? Obviously, it was not just Ronaldo, but the point stands. And when Drogba got sent off, he was probably treated harshly, I mean, they were all at it. More cards should have been shown, not necessarily red though...

Ronaldo went down after being tackled, and the ref waved him up. The reason he wasn't booked was he didn't dive, but it wasn't a foul.

If there's anyone out there who's gutted about Man United winning (as I am); at least it's not Liverpool.

Guest davidthoris

Man Utd net=46m.

Chelsea = £257.05m

Man United = £78.05m

I get your point though.

Ronaldo went down after being tackled, and the ref waved him up. The reason he wasn't booked was he didn't dive, but it wasn't a foul.

If there's anyone out there who's gutted about Man United winning (as I am); at least it's not Liverpool.

But how would the starting 11 of both teams measure up in terms of transfer fees paid?

Assuming we would take into account that Tevez is a 20 mil player as reports are suggesting... would be interesting to see.

Reason i hate Chelsea more than Man U- is becaue to Man U's credit they've earned there money and built there club off the back of success and they're in the position they are in now becasue of footballing reasons and footballing reasons alone.

Chelsea in my eyes cheated there way to the top - they rely entirely on cash and are in the position they are in solely down to one mans wallet. That isnt football.