Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

Boring as fuck until the opening goal, since then it's been alright. Man Utd have really let Chelsea off the hook, Carrick should have put his chance away, and Tevez showed the difference between players of his ilk and the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Owen. The latter two don't give a fuck what the defender is up to, they just get themselves there and put that kind of chance away when it comes.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zvYywn6My_hIUM:http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72558295.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DViewImages%26k%3D2%26d%3DABC8D6567E9A17A828C3AA96BF0BE140284831B75F48EF45       

Ronaldo after tackle. 

Guest Geordiesned

Pat Lampard ghosted in.

I had a bottle of lager in hand ready to launch at the TV if the (Sky) commentators had mentioned her when he celebrated his goal.

Time to switch over to ITV for the half time anaylsis. Fuck off Souness YOU CUNT!

been a much better game than i expected. decent atmosphere, some breathtaking football from Man U, and now its tied. started off cagey for 23 minutes, but great final 24 minutes. Man U probably should have put this game already, but hey, at least this sets up an interesting enough second half to keep me watching.

Boring as fuck until the opening goal, since then it's been alright. Man Utd have really let Chelsea off the hook, Carrick should have put his chance away, and Tevez showed the difference between players of his ilk and the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Owen. The latter two don't give a fuck what the defender is up to, they just get themselves there and put that kind of chance away when it comes.

Aye but those two don't harry defenders all over the pitch. Tevez isn't a poacher, it's never been his game, but he's still played a massive role tonight. I'll not count him out just yet, he's scored a lot of big goals for them.

This second half could be off the hook.

Boring as f*** until the opening goal, since then it's been alright. Man Utd have really let Chelsea off the hook, Carrick should have put his chance away, and Tevez showed the difference between players of his ilk and the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Owen. The latter two don't give a f*** what the defender is up to, they just get themselves there and put that kind of chance away when it comes.

Owen misses his fair share of sitters too though.

To be fair to Tevez, hes more of a playmaker than a hardcore goalscorer.

Oh man what a fucking game so far.

Notable players for Man Utd are probably Ronaldo, Hargreaves and Brown (peach of a cross, and has Malouda in his back pocket). For Chelsea, only Lampard and maybe, just maybe, Terry deserves a mention.

Chelsea have been outclassed. It's surprising to see Hargreaves line up that far ahead but he's been their outlet (along with Rooney) and has helped Man Utd get way more possession in the key areas of the pitch.

It pains me to say this, but Ronaldo started the game awesomely and his header was class. You just knew it was going in when you saw the flight of the cross and him already up there waiting to glance it in. But then he started doing his fucking tricks, the cunt, which pissed me off but he's been one of the best players on the pitch today. Credit :thup:

Boring as f*** until the opening goal, since then it's been alright. Man Utd have really let Chelsea off the hook, Carrick should have put his chance away, and Tevez showed the difference between players of his ilk and the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Owen. The latter two don't give a f*** what the defender is up to, they just get themselves there and put that kind of chance away when it comes.

Very much so. Although he's very,very good at getting in the natural striker positions as he's shown tonight. Was unlucky with the header I thought. The other one was just a bit too quick for him.

Get in Frank, would love to see Man Utd f*** it up after having so many chances.

Wouldnt mind seeing Lampard lift the cup, as long as those ManU dont. The 1999 win is still mentioned even though it was nearly a decade ago.

I'm not saying Tevez is inferior, or that Owen scores every time. I'm saying that it takes a certain type of player to anticipate that slip from the defender. Tevez is a marvellous player, but others wouldn't have delayed like that. As I said, I think that miss may prove costly.

Ballack's actually had a good game. Been good on the ball and never wasted it, they need to get him on the ball as he's looking like their driving force seeing as Drogba hasn't turned up so far.

funny how money changes your desires. i'd took ronaldo & 1-0 so when tevea got his toe to rooneys cross i sighed with relief as it went wide.......now it's 1-1 and i also have man utd to lift the trophy so now i wish they'd scored.

I'm not saying Tevez is inferior, or that Owen scores every time. I'm saying that it takes a certain type of player to anticipate that slip from the defender. Tevez is a marvellous player, but others wouldn't have delayed like that. As I said, I think that miss may prove costly.

I hope not, but with Chelsea scoring right on half-time, I fear you may be proven right!

Ballack's actually had a good game. Been good on the ball and never wasted it, they need to get him on the ball as he's looking like their driving force seeing as Drogba hasn't turned up so far.

He's passed it out of play on at least two occasions, but he's not been bad. Drogba's getting bullied, which is brilliant to see.

owen is a great instinctive goalscorer and wouldve put those chances away iyam. it's his positioning that makes the difference, his actual finishing is worse than Tevez's which is why he misses so many. anyway tevez is in another league overall and like janitor says i can still see him making an impact 2nd half.

Malouda has to come off for Chelsea, Kalou is very raw but makes things happen, tho i think it is either him or Cole on the pitch at any one time, as neither contribute much to possession or defence. or get Anelka on, Ferdinand is jittery as fuck even though him and Vidic have only one player between them to mark.