Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

I think they go more defensive in Europe because it gets them to Champions' League finals, personally.

But ho-hum!

I think what probably annoys people more is they are capable of playing brilliant football, and we here all the time what an attacking team they are and how they boast such attacking prowess. Yet when they don't play like that it annoys people.

Aye, especially for us "neutrals", like.

I'd want to see them going gung-ho every game, and the Barca match bored me rigid, but you can't knock it if it works unfortunately.

I think they go more defensive in Europe because it gets them to Champions' League finals, personally.

But ho-hum!

They've only gotten to a couple like, it's not like they're perennially good in the Champions League. If anything, they've underachieved in Ferguson's time there, given how consistently good they've been in that time.

This season is the only one where they've really played "defensively", for me.

It's not great to watch, of course, but it's f***ing worked for them.

They've been like that to an extent for years IMO, ever since they bought Veron and started playing 5 in midfield in Europe. It's just that it's worked better this year.

So you're wrong, basically...

Funny old game, when the winners could very well face some problems in the summer. I really could see Ferguson, calling it a day at ManUre, 10 titles, 2 European Cups, countless domestic trophies and over 20 years in the job, may well be enough for him to think he's done it all now, what's left for him to prove. Without question he'll eclipse Bob Paisley as the most succesful manager in British club history. He may want to win a 3rd CL but outside of that can't see much motivation for the old git to want to stay around.

If Chelsea win it, what will Abramovich do, I do believe his interest will be on the wane. He's gone in bought a club and won all the pizes available to him. It might be different if he own a club with a bit more passion/tradition about them such as Liverpool, ManUre or even ourselves. Chelsea are just so plastic and IMO, I don't think it will be hard for him to throw them away.

Really football can't loose either way, I think it would be good for the English game if one or both of these teams started to slip from the summit.

I really don't care who wins, although my loathing of ManUre knows no bounds, seeing red nose going off to spend more time with his grandchildren would be great to see.

I'll be just praying that whomever wins, upheaval at one or both of these clubs takes place over the summer.

But ho-hum!

They've only gotten to a couple like, it's not like they're perennially good in the Champions League. If anything, they've underachieved in Ferguson's time there, given how consistently good they've been in that time.

They've been like that to an extent for years IMO, ever since they bought Veron and started playing 5 in midfield in Europe. It's just that it's worked better this year.

I'm not having that!

Semi-finals last year, where they lost to the eventual CL winners in a tie that was 5-3 on aggregate and where they apparently "weren't defensive enough" according to some at the time.

Admittedly they've had a rocky spell prior to these last two seasons, but I personally haven't seen them as cautious as they've been at times this season in Europe. Perhaps I have a bad memory, but I honestly can't recall it.

But ho-hum!

I'm not having that!

Semi-finals last year, where they lost to the eventual CL winners in a tie that was 5-3 on aggregate and where they apparently "weren't defensive enough" according to some at the time.

Admittedly they've had a rocky spell prior to these last two seasons, but I personally haven't seen them as cautious as they've been at times this season in Europe. Perhaps I have a bad memory, but I honestly can't recall it.

Too much man-bumming, that's your problem.

Much of last year's semi-final being high scoring was the brilliance of Kaka at Old Trafford, forced them to come out and play. To be honest though they probably have been a bit more defensive this year. But it's hurt them in year's past as much as it's helped them this year IMO.

You've conceded ground, I've conceded ground, everyone's a winner (drawer?) baby.

My initial point was that I couldn't believe people were having a go at Ferguson's tactics when it's gotten them to the final this season. Granted, it hasn't been beautiful viewing along the way, but you can't knock it when it works unfortunately!

Anyway, 12 minutes until my terrestrial coverage starts (no Sky!) and I'm looking forward to a bit of Pleat personally! No Souness!

But Chelsea are a bunch of CUNTS as well.

Its like watching Phil and Grant Mitchel spit roast Sonya from Eastenders and guessing which one comes first.  Both horrible cunts and you want none of them to win.

mackems.gif