Chris Mort's departure confirmed. Derek Llambias is new Managing Director.

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I find this quite annoying tbh.

The club should have addressed this by now and should have some info for us regarding all of this, without letting the media break the news first and therefore putting their own agenda first i.e. Newcastle upheaval etc etc bollox, which will no doubt follow shortly.

The club should have addressed this by now and should have some info for us regarding all of this, without letting the media break the news first and therefore putting their own agenda first i.e. Newcastle upheaval etc etc bollox, which will no doubt follow shortly.

Was calling him an interim chairman when he was appointed not enough prior information for you? I seem to recall it being reasonably common knowledge he was only going to be in the position for a year anyway.

The fact he's still employed by Freshfields was only on a year's leave should have been a clue.

Guest icemanblue

Jeez, some people are never happy! He was always going to leave to return to his former job.

Anyhoo, seemed a stand-up bloke and has done a reasonable job. How will people react to a new chairman being our first signing of the summer?!

Was calling him an interim chairman when he was appointed not enough prior information for you? I seem to recall it being reasonably common knowledge he was only going to be in the position for a year anyway.

Yeah but we didn't know he would be steppign down this summer did we?

The club should be breakign this news is all I'm saying, along with letting us know who the new chairman will be.

You just know the media is going to start taking the piss and it is frustrating.

*awaits the Keegan and Mort clash leads to Mort stepping down early headline*

Did a good job all things considered and I'd have liked him to have stayed. I'm a bit annoyed that we're most probably back to square one in regards appointing someone who has to learn the ropes from scratch again. Got to respect his wishes though and he's got a family to consider too.

Cheers Morty and good luck. :) 

I agree in a way. Sure, most of us knew he was only in the job for a year initially, but the club didn't exactly make that clear to the general public/press, who will come up with their own load of 'turmoil' bullshit as you say.

As an aside, agree with someone who said over on Toontastic that the club should have had some plans for the Barton sentence in advance too, rather than just saying 'we're thinking about it' after the event.

Guest icemanblue

The club should be breakign this news is all I'm saying, along with letting us know who the new chairman will be.

You just know the media is going to start taking the piss and it is frustrating.

Be happy, man.  If they had let us know, what would you have to moan about?

Did a good job all things considered and I'd have liked him to have stayed. I'm a bit annoyed that we're most probably back to square one in regards appointing someone who has to learn the ropes from scratch again. Got to respect his wishes though and he's got a family to consider too.

Cheers Morty and good luck. :) 

:nods: :thup:

I'm curious as to how this plays into our current transfer dealings though. Maybe the last week or two have been spent running Llambias through our plans.

Can anyone really see it being someone other than Derek Llambias?

I'll be shocked if it is.

As I just said, I'd be surprised too, not least because a completely new person would already be losing time in the transfer market.

Don't forget too that Llambias doesn't have a footballing background either IIRC; is this good news or bad news?

Guest sondre

agree, should have been done already. gutted if this slows us further down in the process of signing new players!

Be happy, man.  If they had let us know, what would you have to moan about?

:lol:

Shut it man. I hardly ever moan about anything. I just find this a bit untidy. Dave also raises a good point about the Barton thing, although I think they might be waiting on the outcome of the second case he has pending so maybe that is a bit more understandable.

Can anyone really see it being someone other than Derek Llambias?

I'll be shocked if it is.

As I just said, I'd be surprised too, not least because a completely new person would already be losing time in the transfer market.

Personally, I think all of this sheds more light on why the Wise/Jimenez/Vetere set-up was brought in, to transcend both the managerial/chairman positions at the club and so that we're not solely reliant on one man (or two men) as we have been in the past to do absolutely everything at the club. I think it's been done so that the club can run whether we have a manager or not/chairman or not (in extreme instances, of course).

To that end, I'd personally be surprised if Llambias/whoever is involved much at all with the transfers (especially directly), although I'm sure he'll always know exactly what is going on. I have a feeling that even if Mort had stayed, then he would have seen his role in that side of things reduce and reduce as time went on.

This thread will go on for ages :lol:

I find it very interesting, personally.

It'll be particularly interesting to see whether the new guy takes any different stances on things to Mort, and whether we'll be able to pick those up.

Assuming it is Llambias, he may wish to put his own twist on things or carry on in the same way as currently. Both he and Mort are long-term acquaintances of Ashley, so they might be just taking his instructions.