Frank Lampard

Tooj

Well that settles it, best English midfielder.

Hopefully Capello tries starting him in his proper position. If he does then we will do well.

This seasons stats

Played: 57

Goals: 33

Assists: 15

And god knows how many goals he has contributed to.

Fair play to him like, them stats are absolutely momentous.

Hopefully he performs like that in South Africa, although I wont hold my breath.

Guest Stephen927

Lampard has been the best midfielder we have for so long now, he had that bad spell where he was a scapegoat but no one was good at that time. He'll perform in South Africa, no worries.

Xavi's stats are 6 goals and 19 assists in 57 games.

Again, doesn't take into account the goals he has influenced, but it shows the different styles of playing CM.

If Xavi took 10 league penalties this year, his stats would look a lot better tbh.

Guest elbee909

Nolan does it with poorer players around him.

Maybe he'll have to do it with NO players around him.

Again, doesn't take into account the goals he has influenced, but it shows the different styles of playing CM.

If Xavi took 10 league penalties this year, his stats would look a lot better tbh.

Yeah I know, I wasn't comparing in that sense.

Personally I prefer Lampard due to his direct style of play. Both stunning players though. Either will do  O0

That would take him up to 13, Lampard has 22 in the league.

That would take him up to 13, Lampard has 22 in the league.

And only 4 less assists.

Xavi is pretty incomparable to Lampard to be honest. I know they're both technically central midfielders but their jobs in their respective teams couldn't be more different.

Xavi is the better player imo, but comparing them statistically is pointless because Xavi's game is certainly not about goals.

Xavi is pretty incomparable to Lampard to be honest. I know they're both technically central midfielders but their jobs in their respective teams couldn't be more different.

Xavi is the better player imo, but comparing them statistically is pointless because Xavi's game is certainly not about goals.

Aye, easy to see by looking at the stats aswell. Lampard with 33 goals this season, Xavi with 34 assists last season :lol:

Aye, easy to see by looking at the stats aswell. Lampard with 33 goals this season, Xavi with 34 assists last season :lol:

Xavi is an assists machine like. However, it's obvious 'assists' aren't the sole contribution to his game. His ability to control and dictate the tempo of almost every game he plays in is what makes him the player he is, you just have to watch any Barca/Spain game and see how good his passing range is. Whether it's repeating short, sharp passes a couple of yards in that metronome style, or spraying a pass the width of the pitch - absolutely everything he does just oozes class. 

Guest je85

11, Lamps had one saved this season I think.

Think it has a lot to do with his role in the team and the teams ethos that he scores so many and gets so many assists.

Cant disagree he's class, but he isnt second only to Xavi worldwide, thats a bit outrageous.

Who is better?

Could Lampard just off Rooney work for England?

gerrard was on for that early on in the season,better all round player aswell but they both have the curse of ian wright and peter beardsley of just not being able to produce club skill on the international stage.

The only really bad spell for Lampard occured under the clueless McClaren. Although I do concede he was poor during WC 06.

thats goalscoring. he had many poor games where he scored.

All Gerrard has on Lampard is athleticism. Lampard is by a mile the better footballer.

i disagree. on the downside though for england, neither seems to do it.

Lampard was always put in the holding mid position to let Gerrard push forward. Might explain his poor form a wee bit.