comparative worst performances

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roeder - AZ away just edges out Souness - Lisbon away.

Nah, Souness in Lisbon was far worse because of the position we were in in that competition, plus the lack of quality left in the draw.

Plus you can't take it out of context like that. There was the Bowyer-Dyer thing, the FA Cup Semi and the Lisbon thing that all happened in the space of about 10 days.

Guest LucaAltieri

Roeder - AZ away just edges out Souness - Lisbon away.

Nah, Souness in Lisbon was far worse because of the position we were in in that competition, plus the lack of quality left in the draw.

Perhaps... it was a bit harder to take because we still had a bit of expectation. I rate the AZ game as being worse because it was right then it became apparent we were well and truly fucked. That was when we lost the right to use the "big club" label.

it has to be Allardyce-Stoke!

I don't even remember this one. What happened against Stoke?

We drew with them in the FA Cup, wasn't exactly great but it's no 5-1 home defeat to Birmingham City.

We drew with them in the FA Cup, wasn't exactly great but it's no 5-1 home defeat to Birmingham City.

P.S. The game that led to the KK return game at home last season

I still say the 1-0 to Derby was the worst. They didn't win again for almost a year.

That League Cup defeat under Souness against Wigan reserves will live long in the memory. One big fat zero from beginning to end.

Had almost forgotten that one. One the most embarrassing moments of the Souness regime, and there were quite a few but that Wigan game ranks right up there.

He said: "I understand I personally have been getting a great deal of criticism, but that's the price on the ticket. I can understand our fans' disappointment, frustration, anger at the way we played at Wigan.

"I would not argue with anyone who said we were poor, we were bad on the night. That can happen to any team. We were just poor, and that can happen.

"It's happened before and it will happen again."

Newcastle have not won a major trophy since 1969, but Souness - who described the display at Wigan as "miserable and horrible" - said: "Records are there to be broken and sooner or later someone will do that here and I firmly believe I will do that."

I don't think I saw that match.

Where does the Cacapa - Portsmouth match rank?

The worst three games over the last few seasons (and my, what a choice) have to be:

3. Liverpool (h) 0-3

2. Sheff Utd (H) 0-1

1. Wigan (a, CC) 0-1

The worst three games over the last few seasons (and my, what a choice) have to be:

3. Liverpool (h) 0-3

2. Sheff Utd (H) 0-1

1. Wigan (a, CC) 0-1

I didn't make many games over the last couple of years, but I managed the top two :lol: