Chelsea sack Avram Grant. Ten Cate gone too?

Guest K9

Avram Grant was four goals away from doing the treble.

Two against Spurs, one against Man Utd and ..? How would they have won the Premiership?

Conceded

Heskey

Berbatov

Taylor

Ronaldo

Got to say, as everyone did, I seen this coming but I actually agree with it.  Well, in the sense that if I was Roman, I would have.  Mind you, I would never have given it to him in the first place unless this was his plan all along whilst he sniffed out someone else. 

He's a nice guy, but as someone has said, he wasn't up there with the likes of Fergie or Wenger.  This was Mourinho's team, and essentially it was his ground work that got them this far.  The team pulled together at various points to overcome the odds, but I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we said it was down to anything Grant did specifically.  In my opinion of course. 

Sadly, they'll go get a proper manager in now and he'll do the business.  All they need is a faily well proven manager to instantly have the respect of the players, and get them playing for him the way he wants them to.  With the amount of cash they have, they don't need the world's absolute best, but I don't think Avram was even good enough for that.  Would be nice to see him go try somewhere else and prove everyone wrong, but I doubt he will, or can.

Got to say, as everyone did, I seen this coming but I actually agree with it.  Well, in the sense that if I was Roman, I would have.  Mind you, I would never have given it to him in the first place unless this was his plan all along whilst he sniffed out someone else. 

He's a nice guy, but as someone has said, he wasn't up there with the likes of Fergie or Wenger.  This was Mourinho's team, and essentially it was his ground work that got them this far.  The team pulled together at various points to overcome the odds, but I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we said it was down to anything Grant did specifically.  In my opinion of course. 

Sadly, they'll go get a proper manager in now and he'll do the business.  All they need is a faily well proven manager to instantly have the respect of the players, and get them playing for him the way he wants them to.  With the amount of cash they have, they don't need the world's absolute best, but I don't think Avram was even good enough for that.  Would be nice to see him go try somewhere else and prove everyone wrong, but I doubt he will, or can.

probably already posted but mancini rumoured yo be going to stamford bridge

It's the right decision.  He's done pretty well since he joined, but he shouldn't have got the job in the first place.  Anyone would have done well with Mourinho's team anyway.  Chelsea can attract a real world class manager, Avram Grant was not the right man for them.  It reminds me of the Roeder situation - he did alright in his first season, but we could have done much better than him.

probably already posted but mancini rumoured yo be going to stamford bridge

Bit of a hassle to commute from his house in Newcastly iyam.

The Times think he's off to Man City to replace Sven.

I think he's a brilliant manager and a brilliant man.

I know Mr Wenger is an admirer of Avram and Arsenal really need a director of football David Dein type role so you never know.

I'll go for Marcello Lippi.

Good shout.

Personally I'm not convinced either Rijkaard or Mancini would be the right man for Chelsea. Lippi, or Hiddink, might be better suited for the job - I feel it's going to take someone who's been around the block a few times to a) play winning and stylish football, b) keep the enormous squad happy and c) keep the boss happy. Because it seems unless you can do all three things you're not good enough!

The Atletico Madrid analogy wasn't too far off - a few more seasons of this and all they'll be able to attract are the likes of... Souness and Allardyce...

They should go for Rijkaard.

Rijkaard and Ten Cate together did magic for Barcelona. Once Ten Cate left for Ajax and replaced b Neeshken, the results plummeted.

Personally I don't think that Grant has been sacked for poor results, but Abrhamovich has seen / heard first hand he wasn't very good manager on/off the pitch. Say if a manager of Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho class were managing Chelsea and got the same results as Grant, he would have definitely stayed.

Guest elbee909

Abramovich is on his way to be coming the new Jesus Gil..... just going to be manager after manager after manager

It's the 'I've got loads of money therefore I know everything' syndrome.  He should manage it himself, the total genius.

I remember the letters to Sky Sports exaggeating that we sack a manager if they don't win us the title and the champion's league in their first season...

In other news, Grant looks very like minor Star Wars character Boss Nass

http://www.rocketfettscollection.com/swchpics/bossnass.jpg

Hope: Jose Mourinho (He's one of the brightest sparks in football today)

Most Likely: Frank Rijkaard

Worst Appointment: Grame Souness

:knuppel2:

Leave this forum now. We have revealed your real identity :crazy2:

Guest kingdawson

I know Mr Wenger is an admirer of Avram and Arsenal really need a director of football David Dein type role so you never know.

Do you?

Personally i think he's proved himself to be a decent manager but a bit of a prick. He keeps trying to play the victim role, as if he's being constantly attacked by the media, which isnt the case at all. He has zero charisma, and keeps making these innacurate comments after certain matches. Apparantly, accoriding to Avram, Chelsea controlled the whole match on wednesday(they controlled the 2nd half and bit of extra time), and they apparantly totally controlled us in the cc final (they were shite and we battered them near enough the whole game apart from the last 6 mins of e/t).

Do you?

Personally i think he's proved himself to be a decent manager but a bit of a prick. He keeps trying to play the victim role, as if he's being constantly attacked by the media, which isnt the case at all. He has zero charisma, and keeps making these innacurate comments after certain matches. Apparantly, accoriding to Avram, Chelsea controlled the whole match on wednesday(they controlled the 2nd half and bit of extra time), and they apparantly totally controlled us in the cc final (they were shite and we battered them near enough the whole game apart from the last 6 mins of e/t).

Being called dillusional by a Spurs fan will probably upset him.