Achille Emana linked

Guest toonlass

Emana, whose father Marco also represented Cameroon, is certainly not resting on his laurels. In fact, the youngster knows better than anyone that he has a lot of improving to make if he is to fulfil his potential.

“After every match I ask to see the clips of my actions again on the video,” said the Yaoundé-born star. “The club usually give me a cassette on the Sunday morning and I watch it on my own back at home. There’s no time to relax for top-level sportsman. I live and eat football and if I could watch the video straight after the game I would.”

At the start of the 2004/05 season Emana was unsettled and uncertain that his future lay at the Stadium Municipal. He holds no grudges against Toulouse for blocking his move to PSG, though admits that the summer of 2004 was a difficult period. “My grandmother died in June, then the club wanted to hold talks straight after,” he explained. “It wasn’t easy to get through but my family and my girlfriend have stood by me. I’m more relaxed now and I can feel that when I’m on the pitch.”

Emana is fully focused on football matters again and continues to work hard to achieve his goal: becoming one of the finest players in the world. “I’m never satisfied,” said the midfielder. “I can’t yet say I’m among the top players in the world.

“My aim is to be able to cross the ball like David Beckham, to have the power of Ronaldo, to possess the same finesse as Zinedine Zidane, and to have the dribbling skills of Ronaldinho.” The young Cameroonian may still have some work to do, but if he continues to progress at the same rate, he could be a major threat to Ligue 1 defenders for years to come.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/focus/emana.html

Looks like he has a fantastic attitude and mindset, which is always good.

Looks like he's taking one for the team in that photo.  Probably explains why I keep reading his name as Enema.

he's a good box-to-box player and would be a step up from Barton, would be an excellent third central midfield to play alongside a dedicated DM like Butt and Attacking Midfielder like Modric. In a 4-4-2 i wouldnt be so sure, he doesnt seem to have a defined role, he is definitely more attacking than defensive but not really skilful or creative enough to pin down that role. other than that he has the presence, movement and strength to thrive in the premiership.

he's a good box-to-box player and would be a step up from Barton, would be an excellent third central midfield to play alongside a dedicated DM like Butt and Attacking Midfielder like Modric. In a 4-4-2 i wouldnt be so sure, he doesnt seem to have a defined role, he is definitely more attacking than defensive but not really skilful or creative enough to pin down that role. other than that he has the presence, movement and strength to thrive in the premiership.

partnering him with Turan seems like it could work but then who knows if we're going for either...

saw most of his games in the ACN and liked him then actually; energetic, neat on the ball, range of passing hard to determine on those ACN pitches though so i'm not sure about that...he made a lot of stuff happen for cameroon i thought in that tournament

also liked alexandre song in that midfield during the ACN...perhaps we could shine a laser pen in wengers eyes and nip in for that lad while he's temporarily blinded!!

saw most of his games in the ACN and liked him then actually; energetic, neat on the ball, range of passing hard to determine on those ACN pitches though so i'm not sure about that...he made a lot of stuff happen for cameroon i thought in that tournament

also liked alexandre song in that midfield during the ACN...perhaps we could shine a laser pen in wengers eyes and nip in for that lad while he's temporarily blinded!!

Same here. He impressed me at the ACN.

yeah Song looked excellent but a lot of Arsenal fans say he is awful, so perhaps the ACN is not the best platform on which to judge talent.

yeah Song looked excellent but a lot of Arsenal fans say he is awful, so perhaps the ACN is not the best platform on which to judge talent.

remember song against man u at old trafford this season?  they played him at CB...phew hew, not the best of games...

he looks a bit like wrighty.

seems like a decent player what i have seen of him.

i liked this bit...  ;D

My aim is to be able to cross the ball like David Beckham, to have the power of Ronaldo, to possess the same finesse as Zinedine Zidane, and to have the dribbling skills of Ronaldinho.

Guest teepee

he seems a realistic target, we can't compete for top players, so it is important to bring in types like him.

i'd like to see kev go for him. no matter which formation we'll be playing we need cm's!

Looks like a solid player, if he has some technique along his physics he would fit perfect for PL

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00Awbmg7SXcXE/610x.jpg

Looks like amdy faye.

Course he does, they all look the same.

Baldies?

Guest Stephen927

Sounds like he's got the right attitude.

We need energetic, strong central midfielders with a bit of height about them imo.

Looks like a solid player, if he has some technique along his physics he would fit perfect for PL

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00Awbmg7SXcXE/610x.jpg

Looks like amdy faye.

Course he does, they all look the same.

Baldies?

Aye he's a dead ringer for Sibierski.  I think we all know what he mean't but at least it wasn't too blatant.

?My aim is to be able to cross the ball like David Beckham, to have the power of Ronaldo, to possess the same finesse as Zinedine Zidane, and to have the dribbling skills of Ronaldinho.?

And score 30 goals a season like Ameobi.

I'd buy him based purely on his boots. I think all our starting XI should wear different coloured boots. It would be like a footballing rainbow.

I've always thought you should have to earn the right to wear different coloured boots.