England Game Tonight v USA, Who would you pick?

Guest nufc_geordie

At least Gerrard's touched the ball this half. ;)

Still, as I always say - the manager needs to decide on one of them and build the midfield/team around them, as their clubs do. As long as they carry on shoehorning them all in and simply expecting them to perform as they do for their clubs, they'll struggle.

Does Motson even realise that Onyewu had a spell with us?  Never mentioned it.

The Swedish ones hasn't mentioned it either, even though that's pretty much all they've had to say about any other yank-player.

Good goal from Terry, but not much else to get excited about. Lovely pass from Rooney to Gerrard for the Defoe-chance though, pure class.

Get Beckham and one of Hargreaves, Gerrard and Lampard (preferably one of the last two) and get Bentley and Cole on, bring some flair into the team.

This is one of the main things i fucking hate about England games; people ranting on about heroes like Gerrard, Lampard, and in this case - Terry. Fuck off man.

I really wish Shearer wouldn't do punditry, or would just stick to analysing the football when he does. He's beginning to sound like the rest of them re: the above sentence. "Looks just like what it is, a tired end-of-season game..." No Alan, it looks like an England game. Thought his paint drying comment hit the nail, though. :iamatwat:

He's falling victim to the same kind of shit that Eriksson did.  Wonder when England will actually get a manager with the yarbles to cut some of the shite. 

Seriously, how can anyone justify Gerrard's inclusion in this team based on his international form.  He's dynamite for Liverpool, but come on.

Pair of them are poor for England, but you can count on one hand the number of good games Lampard has had for England.  Can only play one of them if we want to be successful & Lampard should miss out IMO

Absolute nonsense. He was England's player of the season 2 years on the trot and top scorer in the world cup qualifiers.

Neither should play in this team, but Gerrard always gets away without getting stick.

Rooney's been the best, he should be the one that this team is built around.  What happened to that kid who scored 5 goals and lit the world alight at Euro 2004?

maybe he never fully recovered from his foot injuries, he certainly hasnt been the same player since. He has flashes of brilliance, but they are becoming more and more rare.

Rooney's been the best, he should be the one that this team is built around.  What happened to that kid who scored 5 goals and lit the world alight at Euro 2004?

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1938/fergiesp9.jpg

Fergie made him a team player.

Marek Matejovsky scored the goal of the season and it isn't even on the list.

I didn't get all the fuss about that goal.

Class strike but goal of the season contender? No way. Wasn't even goal of that month for me.

Guest elpapi

maybe terry should ask to be able to head his next penalties... seems to be doing better that way from that distance  :shifty:

He's falling victim to the same kind of shit that Eriksson did.  Wonder when England will actually get a manager with the yarbles to cut some of the shite. 

Seriously, how can anyone justify Gerrard's inclusion in this team based on his international form.  He's dynamite for Liverpool, but come on.

Pair of them are poor for England, but you can count on one hand the number of good games Lampard has had for England.  Can only play one of them if we want to be successful & Lampard should miss out IMO

Absolute nonsense. He was England's player of the season 2 years on the trot and top scorer in the world cup qualifiers.

Neither should play in this team, but Gerrard always gets away without getting stick.

Can you honestly say that Lampard has been better for England than Joe Cole and Rooney? No chance imo.

Marek Matejovsky scored the goal of the season and it isn't even on the list.

I didn't get all the fuss about that goal.

Class strike but goal of the season contender? No way. Wasn't even goal of that month for me.

The pace on the ball and it coming across him like that vastly ramped up the difficulty level, for me.

i honestly think that owen has been the only england player over the last 5 years who has consistently (obviously only when fit) put in a decent shift for england. When he playes he scores goals which is what his job is.