Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

8million sterling being reported........surely not ?

They'd have to be mental to pay that much. Thats nearly £5m more than what we paid for him.

They must be anticipating a storming Euro 2008 from him if the £8m figure is true, which itself is pretty unlikely given the odds on him getting a knock on the ankles/thighs/etc.

Surely we'll see some words of praise of the current administration if they've really milked that price for him. 

Surely. 

Should have got £10m.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Guest Alex20

Fenerbahce's chairman said the transfer fee is around 4,5 M euro so around 3,5 M pound.

This is as official as it gets.

Fenerbahce's chairman said the transfer fee is around 4,5 M euro so around 3,5 M pound.

This is as official as it gets.

That's a very, very good deal for us  then. Good job Morty, or whomever arranged this.

just had a phonecall from my brother who resides in Turkey reckons  that the locals are saying B&W's have been offered £8,000,000 for Emre told him to get out of the heat (35C) as I write but assures me what he says is correct.

Guest Jawesome

Ciao Emre.  No hard feelings towards the bloke, just didn't ever seem to hit the heights that were expected of him.

(no pun intended)

I hope the deal is signed, sealed and delivered: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363001.stm

Turkey hit by Emre injury

Turkey captain Emre Belozoglu is out after tearing a hamstring muscle and is now also a doubt for the final group game against the Czech Republic.

Centre-backs Gokhan Zan and Servet Cetin are doubts with knee injuries.

But Emre's absence is likely to be most harshly felt as he has a major say in Turkey's gameplan.

"He has a 3-4 cm tear in his muscle and was sent for an MRI in Basel on Tuesday and the news was not good," said Turkey boss Fatih Terim.

I hope the deal is signed, sealed and delivered: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363001.stm

Turkey hit by Emre injury

Turkey captain Emre Belozoglu is out after tearing a hamstring muscle and is now also a doubt for the final group game against the Czech Republic.

Centre-backs Gokhan Zan and Servet Cetin are doubts with knee injuries.

But Emre's absence is likely to be most harshly felt as he has a major say in Turkey's gameplan.

"He has a 3-4 cm tear in his muscle and was sent for an MRI in Basel on Tuesday and the news was not good," said Turkey boss Fatih Terim.

Will a 3-4 cm muscle tear really be ok for the final group game?  I'm no expert but it seems quick to me.  Would the Turkish coach play him in a desperate gamble for the team only to send him back to Tyneside in pieces and his hopes of a move to Fener in tatters?  Would be very harsh if he did.

Guest Stephen927

We've agreed a deal I think, just hoping it wasn't subject to a medical. It should still go through though.

If he wasn't on the way back home to Turkey, I would bank on this one falling thru. But since he has, for some unknown reason, virtual superstar status back in Turkey, I doubt his latest injury will break the deal.

We've agreed a deal I think, just hoping it wasn't subject to a medical. It should still go through though.

Of course it was subject to a medical. No football club would do a deal and not give the player a medical.