Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest Stephen927

Not too sad to see him go, if he does.

He isn't suited to the Premiership, always looking for that extra touch or two and you don't get them very often in the Premiership.

Had a touch of class about him, and seemed ilke he liked the club and genuinely cared. Wish him luck at Fenerbache and look forward to him playing in Euro 2008, hope he does his nation proud.

He isn't suited to the Premiership, always looking for that extra touch or two and you don't get them very often in the Premiership.

Had a touch of class about him, and seemed ilke he liked the club and genuinely cared. Wish him luck at Fenerbache and look forward to him playing in Euro 2008, hope he does his nation proud.

signed, Emre's Mum

Guest Stephen927

signed, Emre's Mum

P.S Welcome home son :)

:) :)

signed, Emre's Mum

P.S Welcome home son :)

:)

Im a little bit gutted to be honest - i actually really liked him as a player, just the most frustrating player ever injury wise.

Another player mismanaged if you ask me - think more fans would be more gutted if roeder got it right when he insisted in partnering him with "the new Gerrard" instead of Butt.

But i suppose its worth it if we get any sort of profit and him off the wage bill.

Guest Heneage

I just saw a video of Freddy Shepherd on a Liverpool Fan Site, he was in his Range Rover, something about saying he would drive him back to Turkey?!!?

You're hilarious.

Im a little bit gutted to be honest - i actually really liked him as a player, just the most frustrating player ever injury wise.

Another player mismanaged if you ask me - think more fans would be more gutted if roeder got it right when he insisted in partnering him with "the new Gerrard" instead of Butt.

But i suppose its worth it if we get any sort of profit and him off the wage bill.

Good call. Emre and Butt looked a fairly balanced central midfield, but with Parker transformed to box to box and Emre to the more defensive midfielder of the two it didn´t benefit either player, and it´s no surprise they are now both gone even though they are both more talented than our current remaining bunch of talentless grafters..

Good call. Emre and Butt looked a fairly balanced central midfield, but with Parker transformed to box to box and Emre to the more defensive midfielder of the two it didn´t benefit either player, and it´s no surprise they are now both gone even though they are both more talented than our current remaining bunch of talentless grafters..

Ill never understand what Roeder was playing at with those 2 - ok maybe i can see him thinking that Parker was a box to box becasue he did it well at Charlton but he completely wasted Emre.

Will be a shame that we wont see him play on the left side of the 3 man midfield in a keegan team, cannot see why he wouldnt be able to make it his own.  Never mind!

...nufc.com commenting on the fact that Emre was one of four nufc transfers under investigation in the Lord Stevens Quest report. Maybe the club is tying up some loose ends... :iamatwat:

Wouldn't be the first suggestion of this tbf.

in the right formation Emre would have been a godsend. Shame, a fit Emre is preferable over Butt, Barton and Geremi anyday

Yeah, the right formation, the right frame of mind/right attitude, the right fitness, and the right ability - he'd have been a 'Godsend'.

:lol: What's with the all the hyperbole tonight, Ronaldo?

Imo, Emre was never going to make it here, due to a lack of the recquired things listed above. Each one came in fits and spurts, and never, ever consistently.

However, this thread is a bit of a broken record. Laters, Emre.

...nufc.com commenting on the fact that Emre was one of four nufc transfers under investigation in the Lord Stevens Quest report. Maybe the club is tying up some loose ends... :iamatwat:

Wouldn't be the first suggestion of this tbf.

Sad news if thats the case.

Piss myself if we got £8m. Or 8m euros actually.

In fact making any profit on him will be great work by the club.

I'm beginning to think I'm asleep and this is all a dream.  :cheesy:

If NUFC have managed to sell Emre for 8 million (Euros or £) I expect them to follow it up with: -

"The next miracle we will perform will be to sell Alan Smith for a minimum of £6 million!"

Maybe NUFC have employed Derren Brown to negotiate transfer fees with other clubs?

Piss myself if we got £8m. Or 8m euros actually.

In fact making any profit on him will be great work by the club.

While £8m sounds a bit unlikely, I would think we'd easily get our money back. Just think of the stupid fees paid for over-rated rejects we've signed (Alan Smith?).

Emre isn't cut out for the Premier, but would anyone be surprised if he looked a very useful player in the Euros? Playing in another climate where the football is played at a slower pace he'll look a lot better. In today's market he could fetch £6m no problem. Before anyone laughs I can remember people here practically begging us to give Dyer away for peanuts. Well thank fuck Ashley & Co were in charge and not them.

Read my post carefully. We are already backward without Emre leaving. Maybe i did not word myself properly, with departures of flair players (if Emre is fit. one reason or the other, he never show consistency as posted earlier; due to injury and no heart), our midfield is pure workers and typical of a relegation candidate. I am worried cos we signed players like Emre and Duff while in a way our reputation is still high among players. Even though admittedly both fail to turn up and not at all end of the world if they leave. Should there be no signings like such players (forget it, Turan will not join us) and our most likely signings (thus far from reports) are the relatively average African players from Ligue 1 (hope they turn out to be like Wenger's African contingent, seen them play many times are quite decent but not good), really hard to see how we can improve a midfield that badly needs quality. I say quite sad to see Emre leave cos i believe if he is fit and has the desire, will be good for us plus the fact we may have difficulties attracting such players going forward. I did say he is useless when we struggle. KK has said players that he wants to keep may leave, i am keeping my fingers cross that other player is not Martins as he is arguably our most exciting and potent attacker.

See, this is where your argument falls down - and it is a reasonably sound argument made with passion that didn't deserve all of the ridicule. But nevertheless it falls down:

Firstly, while you were careful enough to say "I believe", you based your hypothesis on it as if it were solid fact. Which is kinda specious...

And secondly, the bold includes two very big "ifs" - conditions that were satisfied too rarely during his time on Tyneside. kirkwdavis summed it up rather nicely if you want to know why you are the only one gnashing your teeth over the departure of Belezoglu Emre:

Never really did much for us, 50% too lazy, 45 % injured, 5% ok - good riddance!

How about the man in your avatar then Raconteur. Another case of a quality player accused of being lazy, not caring enough and with a dubious fitness record. Would you be happy to see him leave to? I´d say the same as I do with Emre, not before we have contracted a better replacement.

How about the man in your avatar then Raconteur. Another case of a quality player accused of being lazy, not caring enough and with a dubious fitness record. Would you be happy to see him leave to? I´d say the same as I do with Emre, not before we have contracted a better replacement.

Did you have to? :p God knows when I'll ever see an Aussie in a Toon top again!

But to be honest, Big Marko is a luxury we can't afford at the moment, and I guess that's a good way to describe Emre too. If we're firing on all cylinders and have strength in depth throughout the squad then both Emre and Viduka could be valuable assets - even if they only turn up half of the time...

But for where we are at the moment we need players who will bring all they have to every game. Maybe that's the appeal of cloggers and grafters - the trick is to find players with skill, fitness and desire. Oh, and at a reasonable price and wage too. And not let other clubs turn their heads. :lol:

Isn't Viduka a lot older than Emre?