Duff to Mackems?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Petay

Its for his parents, I was lucky enough to be in the posh bit of St James' for the Blackburn game.  Also this would be a bit of a wonderful bit of business not done anything here, on huge wages and standing in the way of young tallent.  Also, also where did this 8m for Emre figure come from?

Guest guinness_fiend

What worries me though is that this is yet another story about another player leaving... the squad si becoming worryingly thin. I hope to god some stories of actual signings start appearing soon.

This could actually be a good sign.  It is likely that, due to Ashley & Co appraising the accounts, Kev has been told to reduce the wage bill and get rid of some of the dead wood before purchasing anyone else - which actaully makes a lot of sense (massive wages + ever depreciating player value = investment nightmare).  At the end of the day, if we can get rid of a handful of players who have done precious little than sit on the bench, we are hardly going to miss them. 

If a few deals can be struck at the front end of the transfer window, it will ultimately leave us in a better position than most clubs, as we will already have a piggy bank to play with.

Pile of shit is Duff. Completely finished - even when he does play hes total pap. £5mill would be daylight robbery.

I think you'll find £5 million is a perfectly fair amount for Duff......you're back in the room.

http://www.wisebread.com/files/fruganomics/imagecache/blog_image_full/files/fruganomics/blog-images/captions_13_0.gif

To those saying our squad is getting thin, you'd be right, but I'd much rather a thin squad than to have to continue to pay this pile of shite his £60k per week, and then possibly have him playing.

He's so shit that booting him out of the first team actually saved us from relegation. Let's never forget that.

i'd be absolutely delighted to see him leave. i'm not worried that we haven't got 'replacements' for the shit we're looking to get rid off before we sell them, its negligible whether they need replacing anyway. keegan could put a strip on himself and offer more to the team, and speaking of keegan, i've got every faith in him to bring in the players we need.

If he goes and since Emre has gone that's like 120k a week off the wages already with hardly any loss in terms of players. Assuming Zoggy stays then he will move up a place in the pecking order if Duff goes which is fine. No replacement for Emre yet but KK has done without him all season and I'm sure we will be bringing in another midfielder.

To those saying our squad is getting thin, you'd be right, but I'd much rather a thin squad than to have to continue to pay this pile of shite his £60k per week, and then possibly have him playing.

He's so shit that booting him out of the first team actually saved us from relegation. Let's never forget that.

Good point too. I see infinitely more benefits of him going than staying. Him and Smith when they play just fuck the whole team over so bad that the rest can't play with them.

didn't duff say when he joined us that he becomes a fan of whoever he plays fro and couldnt join a rivaL? hence he turned spuds down as he couldnt move there from chelsea?

could be a stumbling block, unless he's full of s**** like

Duff also has an executive box at Newcastle. Let's hope it's not a problem though. In his case I'm quite happy to sell BEFORE a replacement is lined up.

why would he need an executive box when hes Supposedly on the pitch playing?

IIRC, Dyer had a box as well back in the days

I agree with Dave, when I saw the thread title I eagerly clicked the link, when I saw £5 million I was ecstatic, then I saw "NOTW" and came right back down to earth.  Its a comic, pretty similar to the Beano but for a younger audience.. almost nothing they print is true unfortunately.

If it's true good bit of business to rid ourselves of Duffy Duck, it seems Keegan needs to sell before he can buy. As I have said in earlier thread Ashley won't be the cash cow everybody thinks he will be "first and foremost he's a businessman" and profit comes before anything else.

If it's true good bit of business to rid ourselves of Duffy Duck, it seems Keegan needs to sell before he can buy. As I have said in earlier thread Ashley won't be the cash cow everybody thinks he will be "first and foremost he's a businessman" and profit comes before anything else.

Dunno where you are getting that form considering there has already been confirmed bids for Woodgate in January and Modric. Both were considerable bids.

Dunno where you are getting that form considering there has already been confirmed bids for Woodgate in January and Modric. Both were considerable bids.

Aye, but he didn't really have much time then did he? And plus, he wouldn't have known who he wanted to sell within the first two weeks of being at the club.

Guest Chubby Jason

Duff is done for. I think we all should be relieved he came to us for £5million rather than the £7-10million Tottenham were willing to offer for him.

Aye, but he didn't really have much time then did he? And plus, he wouldn't have known who he wanted to sell within the first two weeks of being at the club.

Eh?. what's your point?

Eh?. what's your point?

Keegan joined our club with about 2 weeks of the January window left - he wouldn't have had enough time to run the rule over the squad and decide who he wanted to flog. Therefore the theory of "having to sell before buying" was not really in place in January, as time was short.

The Modric bid was recent enough so I think that proves that he is willing to spend without selling first. I do expect that they have been told to cut the wage bill though and they are right because if you look at the squad there are far too many squad players on massive wages. I don't think Duff is even good enough to be a squad player.

Eh?. what's your point?

Keegan joined our club with about 2 weeks of the January window left - he wouldn't have had enough time to run the rule over the squad and decide who he wanted to flog. Therefore the theory of "having to sell before buying" was not really in place in January, as time was short.

Yeah! but this not January any more is it, and after the meeting with Ashley in London it probably does mean he needs to lower the wage bill before being able to buy.

Guest Heneage

A very poor player, who looked painfully slow and often dis-interested. What annoyed me more was the management picking him for the last few games ahead of Charlie, i'd want to leave if that tit was getting on ahead of me. So we've knocked 120k with him and Emre in theory, plus 20k for Ramage 1k for Troisi and 30-40k for Carr. Start buying yet?

Eh?. what's your point?

Yeah! but this not January any more is it, and after the meeting with Ashley in London it probably does mean he needs to lower the wage bill before being able to buy.

There's no evidence to support that assertion.