Fabricio Coloccini?

Pilko

Newcastle and Manchester City are reportedly chasing the signature of Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini.

The Argentinean centre-back is set to leave the Galician club this summer despite coach Miguel Angel Lotina being keen for him to stay.

The 26-year-old is valued at 13 million Euros and Lotina knows, given Deportivo's financial constraints, that without the sale his ability to strengthen would be limited.

Spanish clubs - thought to include Real Madrid and Barcelona - are also interested but Coloccini's agent, Marcelo Lombilla confirmed talks with the English clubs are more advanced.

Very serious

He told AS: "There are two important teams willing to pay a very good amount. The two clubs are very serious in their interest. If not, I would not be going backwards and forwards to England.

"There are teams in Spain that are also interested, but one must be slightly patient."

Deportivo signed Coloccini from Milan for an undisclosed fee in January 2005. Last summer, they rejected an offer of 10 million Euros by Real Zaragoza for the player.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3637466,00.html

All that I will say is that he's a beast on FM.

He told AS: "There are two important teams willing to pay a very good amount

Can't possibly be us then. According to some on here we are a joke club that figure behind, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Everton and so many other far more important teams.

Coloccini is pure quality and if I had to chose between him and Dunne...then I would take Coloccini...i think...

Coloccini is pretty much depors defence and has been that for years. And yes, I have seen him plenty off times and he has never played bad once.

http://i.esmas.com/image/0/000/006/172/coloccini-370x270.jpg

wiki:

Fabricio Coloccini (born 22 January 1982, in Córdoba, Argentina) is an Argentine football defender who currently plays for the club Deportivo de La Coruña in the Spanish First Division.

Club Career

Coloccini started his career in the youth team of Argentinos Juniors, but made his professional debut in 1998 with Boca Juniors. In 1999, at the end of the Apertura championship, he moved to A.C. Milan. In 2001, he was loaned to San Lorenzo where he helped the team to win the 2001 Clausura tournament. In 2002, he was loaned to Deportivo Alavés and then to Atlético Madrid later in the same year, before moving to Villarreal CF in 2003 (again on loan) and after finally playing a match for Milan, he moved to Deportivo de La Coruña in 2004.

Coloccini was the center of a controversy between Boca Juniors and A.C. Milan because the transfer from Argentina to Italy wasn't agreed between the clubs. Instead, Milan arranged terms with Coloccini's father (also a former football player), who exercised his parental rights to remove the minor from Argentina. After that, FIFA ordered Milan to pay Boca compensation.

He has recently been linked with a move to spanish giants Real Madrid and FC Barcelona

International career

Coloccini was part of the Argentina Under-20 that won the 2001 FIFA World Youth Championship, as well as part of the gold medal winning Argentine team at the 2004 Summer Olympics. He also participated in the 2005 Confederations Cup, scoring one goal in the Confederations Cup game against Cameroon. In the 2006 World Cup, he played in two games, as a substitute against the Netherlands and as a starter against Germany in quarterfinals.

"There are teams in Spain that are also interested, but one must be slightly patient."

What's that supposed to mean? One team in Spain or 'One' in reference to himself?

Well if he means one being one of the clubs, then what he says basically sounds like a riddle. I think he means one being one, these things take time.

Guest shearer_206

Good defender. But not as good as everybody is making out, I think people are judging him on Football Manager ability. Yes he is a good defender, you don't get that many caps for Argentina being average. But he is a bit rash in the tackle and makes the odd mistake. Class in the air though to be fair.

Saying that, hes better than anyone we have at the moment, but I would still preffer Dunne due to his Premiership experiance.

He can also play right back btw.

*On another note, I have just seen we have been linked with Mikki Arteta, what a signing that would be. Can't see it though!*

If Coloccini wants more money, he'll go to Real or Barca.

If he wants first-team football, he'll go to Newcastle or City.

If he wants the first-team football, we must simply bid and get a contract agreed before City sort out their managerial situation.

If Ayala wasnt so old id take apunt on him - think he would of been perfect stop gap player who's experivnence would of been vital to the developemnt of the team and Taylor.

Man U did a simlar thing with blanc a few years ago and Ferdinand spoke of how much of a good influence he was on his game.

Guest Chubby Jason

If Ayala wasnt so old id take apunt on him - think he would of been perfect stop gap player who's experivnence would of been vital to the developemnt of the team and Taylor.

Man U did a simlar thing with blanc a few years ago and Ferdinand spoke of how much of a good influence he was on his game.

Blanc was a pile of shite for Man United.

Blanc was a pile of s**** for Man United.

Aye he was ya right - i rememebr him getting torn apart at SJP when we beat them 4-3. Like i say ferdinand say he brought his game along so i cant see why it wouldnt be the same for Ayala and Taylor - he;s a hugely experinces defendderr.

Guest kingdawson

My spurs wishlist consisted of

1) Angelo Palombo

2) Fabricio Coloccini

3) Goran Pandev

Coloccini is immense tbh. Watched him quite a bit over the years and he's one of my favourite cb's. Not exactly fast but very clever and very decisive. His positional sense is also excellent and although he's guilty of a few blunders, those are very rare. Depor are not exactly financially stable, so you could possibly get him on the cheap (thats assuming theres not a mass auction for him).

My spurs wishlist consisted of

1) Angelo Palombo

2) Fabricio Coloccini

3) Goran Pandev

Coloccini is immense tbh. Watched him quite a bit over the years and he's one of my favourite cb's. Not exactly fast but very clever and very decisive. His positional sense is also excellent and although he's guilty of a few blunders, those are very rare. Depor are not exactly financially stable, so you could possibly get him on the cheap (thats assuming theres not a mass auction for him).

And so it begins.

Guest kingdawson

Ayala would be another excellent signing. His reading of the game is superb and suprisingly enough, he's actually pretty damn fast. Leadership skills second to none. When Naybet came to us from depor, he was easily our player of the season and helped King develop into an excellent centre back. Naybet was a massive fans favourite and im sure Ayala would do a excellent job for you lot (and us too).