Nobs Out

Crumpy Gunt

Guest shearer_206

Step backwards if we sign him. No room for sentiment when we are looking to challenge at the top half of the tabe again. Becides, he doesn't fit in with the clubs 'Arsenal policy' :doh:

well the main reason he moved down sarf was to be with his family so I`m not sure he`ll be looking to come up here again. The only London club in the EPL that might take him is Fulham unless he wants to step down a division which i doubt

I would take him on a 1 year deal though as cover......

I know there's no chance, but I am sentimental enough to get him back, regardless of his condition and form.. plus he'd actually improve our first team..

He only left for one reason.

So, has his family situation changed then?

If not, why are we even talking about this?

"circumstances for him moving down there in the first place"

same as dyer,to get away from big sam and defensive football.  Stuff about family seemed like BS to me.

His family reasons were genuine.

Dyers 'family reasons' seemed manufactured, to me.

Lets not mix up the two very different people and situations.

He's still better than Geremi or Milner, but he isn't the answer either. A quality up and coming right-sided player should be a priority similar to Aaron Lennon, but one who can shoot.

Guest Mucky01

when was the last time Solano played for 60 minutes never mind 90?

Whoever signs him would only get use of him as a sub – or an “impact player” they call them nowadays.

He's still better than Geremi or Milner, but he isn't the answer either. A quality up and coming right-sided player should be a priority similar to Aaron Lennon, but one who can shoot.

Antonio Valencia.

Guest toonlass

Much as I love the bloke, I cannot see him coming back. He is past his best, his family situation hasn't changed and that was the reason he left. Maybe if things change in the future he could do a coaching role, but I think he could still do a job in the championship as a player.

Plus, can you imagine the absolute mongfest on here if we DID re-sign him?

"OH MY GOD WE'VE SIGNED AN OLDER PLAYER, KEEGAN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING, WE SHOULD BE SIGNING MESSI AND FABREGAS. WE'RE GOING TO GET RELEGATED!!!ONE!!ELEVEN" :frantic:

So no, let's stay clear, it's just not worth it. Good luck to him with wherever he goes though, I'll always keep an eye out for whichever team he's playing for.

Plus, can you imagine the absolute mongfest on here if we DID re-sign him?

"OH MY GOD WE'VE SIGNED AN OLDER PLAYER, KEEGAN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING, WE SHOULD BE SIGNING MESSI AND FABREGAS. WE'RE GOING TO GET RELEGATED!!!ONE!!ELEVEN" :frantic:

So no, let's stay clear, it's just not worth it. Good luck to him with wherever he goes though, I'll always keep an eye out for whichever team he's playing for.

Agreed - though its not even a question of 'staying clear'  -  it is just not an option, because he left us for a particular reason (nothing to do with football) and that has seemingly not changed.