Town full of....

Guest jam

Guest Armchair Pundit

erm notice you may have made reference to them in say one song but not to the extent that you did at the week-end. I also wouldn't know about 1988 because i'd have been 7 years old and no way would i be able to remember that. Also mate although your post was amusing from a Geordie perspective (even i can admire the sharpness of your wit) again you make yourself look like a tool for your 'you made your bed' line as anyone with a bit of knowledge knows all but one case has been thrown out.

I also love the way you go on about not hating us? big deal mate we hate you, it doesn't need to mutual, it's mainly all this 8th biggest club tripe that makes people hate you. The 'we hate sunlun more than you' chant had nearly everyone in the Riverside laughing their heads off. So you can go on not hating us and repeating all the same old tired insults over and over again but the paedophile crack is disgusting and shows you up for the idiots you are. I've seen threads where you go on about West Ham fans taking the piss out of  Roader for his illness and you saying they were sick, i'd say taking the piss out of child abuse (even if it didnt happen) was alot worse.

It's the last i'm going to comment on the matter because even i can see i've gone on to much, i just felt the need to defend myself.

Didn't do a very good job there did you  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

I also wouldn't know about 1988 because i'd have been 7 years old and no way would i be able to remember that.

mackems.gif

Boro's just like Roysten Vasey from the league of gentleman, where that is a fictional town set somewhere in yorkshire, the parralells are scarily similiar.

1)Both are in Yorkshire

2)Both are full of retarded freaks that have been malformed from the fallout of the poluted enviroment

3)And when someone's passing through your town, there left thinking what the fuck is this weird shithole!

Your such a bunch of thick dosey bastards that should have been culled at birth, enjoy your shitty one nil win, because when we get you to St James's your gonna get a mauling.

Guest Retro Barker

Boro's just like Roysten Vasey from the league of gentleman, where that is a fictional town set somewhere in yorkshire, the parralells are scarily similiar.

1)Both are in Yorkshire

2)Both are full of retarded freaks that have been malformed from the fallout of the poluted enviroment

3)And when someone's passing through your town, there left thinking what the **** is this weird shithole!

Your such a bunch of thick dosey bastards that should have been culled at birth, enjoy your shitty one nil win, because when we get you to St James's your gonna get a mauling.

Roysten Vasey is a plagarised name from Chubby Browns real name. Chubby Brown is a Boro Fan (if you did not know). Beleieve it or not Roysten Vasey is not a a real town,so it cannot be in yorshire. Thicko.

Now as for retarded freaks that are malformed, fortunatley these people have now left teesdie at 5.15 last sunday and headed up back to the scottsish borders with zebra jackets sprayed onto their ever growing waistlines.

Now as a teesider who works in Gosforth, (i have to work there because there is no one local is good eneough to do my job-Says something about the local workforce). I think I have a balanced view, so I'm genuinely surised that you think middlesbrough is a ****hole, after passing throught the west End and Byker, I'd certainly hold back saying outlandish statements like that.

Guest smoggeordie

1)Both are in Yorkshire

3)And when someone's passing through your town, there left thinking what the **** is this weird shithole!

Roysten Vasey is a plagarised name from Chubby Browns real name. Chubby Brown is a Boro Fan (if you did not know). Beleieve it or not Roysten Vasey is not a a real town,so it cannot be in yorshire. Thicko.

Now as for retarded freaks that are malformed, fortunatley these people have now left teesdie at 5.15 last sunday and headed up back to the scottsish borders with zebra jackets sprayed onto their ever growing waistlines.

Now as a teesider who works in Gosforth, (i have to work there because there is no one local is good eneough to do my job-Says something about the local workforce). I think I have a balanced view, so I'm genuinely surised that you think middlesbrough is a ****hole, after passing throught the west End and Byker, I'd certainly hold back saying outlandish statements like that.

What do you do at work? My dad is a neurosurgeon at James Cook hospital? No one intelligent enough from Middlesbrough to do it? I think so.

Works both ways.

Guest Retro Barker

1)Both are in Yorkshire

What do you do at work? My dad is a neurosurgeon at James Cook hospital? No one intelligent enough from Middlesbrough to do it? I think so.

Works both ways.

Thankyou you 've just made my point exactly about Bontempi's comments.

Works both ways.

1)Both are in Yorkshire

No-one local is good enough to do your job, yet you've just proved yourself to be barely literate?

I find that hard to believe.

Long time lurker and Boro fan here. Banter and smoggie, mutant etc. craic is one thing but this is and always has been poor form.

Especially with this beast on your manor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6071402.stm

I don't often agree with Vickers but he's right on this one.

From the Evening Gazette

Newcastle Must Stop Vile Chants

By Anthony Vickers

SOME THINGS transcend the petty parochial squabbling of football rivalries. Whatever team you support and however passionately you express it, most people are still bound by the norms of society and remain on the same moral spectrum that guides their every day life.

Only the uber-zealots fail to see that fans on the other side of the segregation line are basically the same as them. Only the real hardcore idiots believe the opposition are dehumanised scum and that anything goes. Only the really ignorant dregs of humanity believe that being at a football match means you can set aside all decent civilised standards of behaviour and have free licence to indulge in the basest of offensive behaviour. You know, the kind of people who chant "You're just a town full of peados" and think it is incredibly witty.

Last week we had a Kick Racism Out Of Football day to highlight the on-going battle against that particular form of ignorant barbarism. What some sections of the Newcastle support at the Riverside did on Sunday - and that Sunderland and Leeds fans have done in the past - was as crass, stupid, socially backward and morally bankrupt as throwing bananas and making monkey-noises at black players ever was. It is just about the most offensive thing you can think of and to make it a calculated set-piece within your repertoire plumbs new depths.

What kind of person thinks accusing people of the most horrific crimes against children imaginable passes as 'just banter'? To smear a whole town like than is lower than the Munich chants and down there with Chelsea fans hissing and singing about Auschwitz at Spurs.

Many angry Boro fans have asked the Gazette over the years why the police take no action on this outrageously insulting behavior. Racist chanting in a football is a criminal offense and is dealt with vigourously, and rightly so. Derby games are heavily policed because of the potential for disorder and in recent years there have even been warnings that wearing smogsuits to the Riverside will be regarded as a provocation and be treated as a public order offence.

Yet here we have a clear, systematic breach of the 1986 Public Order Act going unpunished. Section four of the act says a person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour. There is certainly intent to abuse and insult. The law is used to arrest demonstrators chanting empty political slogans at faceless corporations and states so I don't see why it couldn't be used to stop this grossly offensive chanting calculated to abuse and insult individuals.

A few arrests may sharpen their minds and make some reconsider their behaviour although many of the worst offenders would see it as Boro failing to have a sense of humour.

Ultimately though, as with racism, this will not be changed by prosecutions. They will just raise the stakes and may make the offenders even more bitter. These vile chants will only end when there is a seachange in the culture among Newcastle supporters.

The campaign against racism in football did not come from above, if anything the authorities were trying their best to ignore it and hoping it would go away. The campaign against racism stemmed from decent, articulate and socially responsible fans standing up to challenge the idiots within their own crowd, through agitation from the fanzine movement and from fan groups like the Football Supporters' Association demanding that the clubs took action.

That is what is needed here. It is down to decent Newcastle fans to stand up and insist that this behaviour is unacceptable and like the racist chanting it must stop. The bulk of Newcastle fans are no different from any other football crowd. There will be decent, respectable, articulate Newcastle fans who will be mortified by this chanting and who will be thoroughly embarrassed at the way the idiots portray the club, the fans and their hometown.

They must act. Silence on this issue gives the green light to the mindless idiots to continue. The fanzines and message boards must condemn this publicly and start a debate within their own crowd and local media over what is acceptable banter and what is grossly offensive. It is down to fans to draw the line and police it themselves.

They should demand the club condemn it publicly too. Freddie Shepherd was sat there at the Riverside. He must have heard it. Surely he must have an opinion on the potential damage such moronic behaviour does to the brand.

Long time lurker and Boro fan here. Banter and smoggie, mutant etc. craic is one thing but this is and always has been poor form.

Especially with this beast on your manor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6071402.stm

I don't often agree with Vickers but he's right on this one.

From the Evening Gazette

Newcastle Must Stop Vile Chants

By Anthony Vickers

SOME THINGS transcend the petty parochial squabbling of football rivalries. Whatever team you support and however passionately you express it, most people are still bound by the norms of society and remain on the same moral spectrum that guides their every day life.

Only the uber-zealots fail to see that fans on the other side of the segregation line are basically the same as them. Only the real hardcore idiots believe the opposition are dehumanised scum and that anything goes. Only the really ignorant dregs of humanity believe that being at a football match means you can set aside all decent civilised standards of behaviour and have free licence to indulge in the basest of offensive behaviour. You know, the kind of people who chant "You're just a town full of peados" and think it is incredibly witty.

Last week we had a Kick Racism Out Of Football day to highlight the on-going battle against that particular form of ignorant barbarism. What some sections of the Newcastle support at the Riverside did on Sunday - and that Sunderland and Leeds fans have done in the past - was as crass, stupid, socially backward and morally bankrupt as throwing bananas and making monkey-noises at black players ever was. It is just about the most offensive thing you can think of and to make it a calculated set-piece within your repertoire plumbs new depths.

What kind of person thinks accusing people of the most horrific crimes against children imaginable passes as 'just banter'? To smear a whole town like than is lower than the Munich chants and down there with Chelsea fans hissing and singing about Auschwitz at Spurs.

Many angry Boro fans have asked the Gazette over the years why the police take no action on this outrageously insulting behavior. Racist chanting in a football is a criminal offense and is dealt with vigourously, and rightly so. Derby games are heavily policed because of the potential for disorder and in recent years there have even been warnings that wearing smogsuits to the Riverside will be regarded as a provocation and be treated as a public order offence.

Yet here we have a clear, systematic breach of the 1986 Public Order Act going unpunished. Section four of the act says a person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour. There is certainly intent to abuse and insult. The law is used to arrest demonstrators chanting empty political slogans at faceless corporations and states so I don't see why it couldn't be used to stop this grossly offensive chanting calculated to abuse and insult individuals.

A few arrests may sharpen their minds and make some reconsider their behaviour although many of the worst offenders would see it as Boro failing to have a sense of humour.

Ultimately though, as with racism, this will not be changed by prosecutions. They will just raise the stakes and may make the offenders even more bitter. These vile chants will only end when there is a seachange in the culture among Newcastle supporters.

The campaign against racism in football did not come from above, if anything the authorities were trying their best to ignore it and hoping it would go away. The campaign against racism stemmed from decent, articulate and socially responsible fans standing up to challenge the idiots within their own crowd, through agitation from the fanzine movement and from fan groups like the Football Supporters' Association demanding that the clubs took action.

That is what is needed here. It is down to decent Newcastle fans to stand up and insist that this behaviour is unacceptable and like the racist chanting it must stop. The bulk of Newcastle fans are no different from any other football crowd. There will be decent, respectable, articulate Newcastle fans who will be mortified by this chanting and who will be thoroughly embarrassed at the way the idiots portray the club, the fans and their hometown.

They must act. Silence on this issue gives the green light to the mindless idiots to continue. The fanzines and message boards must condemn this publicly and start a debate within their own crowd and local media over what is acceptable banter and what is grossly offensive. It is down to fans to draw the line and police it themselves.

They should demand the club condemn it publicly too. Freddie Shepherd was sat there at the Riverside. He must have heard it. Surely he must have an opinion on the potential damage such moronic behaviour does to the brand.

****ing hell! what do you class as banter. bunch of twats who cry because we sing about them having massive ****ing factories in there town. plus if its not true (the paedophile stuff) why ****ing cry about it? its **** like the smoggies that **** me off.

I like the way he thinks Shepherd should publicly condemn it. Even if I didn't sing it, that fat **** telling me not to would make me want to start.

hah i would sing it just to piss Middlesbrough and Shepherd off. plus if Shepherd did condemn it that would make more want to sing it.

Guest durhamsmoggy

:lol:

He forgets to mention us being called a "town full of rapists" by Boro fans after Bramble and Dyer were falsely accused of wrongdoing.

Get off your ****ing moral highground, you sad bastards.

Guest Geordie_Paul

"Sticks n stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"

Obviously doesn't apply to the smoggies. As was mentioned by someone else your lot shouted we were a bunch of rapists after Dyer was wrongly accused yet did we make a huge fuss? NAH!

It's a bit of banter which is found round all grounds in the country mate.

There wasn't even this big of a fuss when the English were shouting "My grandad killed your grandad" and "3 German bombers" to the Krauts at the world cup. Howay mate get over it.

1)Both are in Yorkshire

You say there is no-one clever enough to use your till in McDonalds? I find that hard to believe 3 stars...

Guest Rushian

The funniest thing in all this is the original poster holding up Man Utd fans as some sort of virtuous standard of decency all Newcastle fans should aim for. Yeah right, welcome to the real world ...

1)Both are in Yorkshire

Fuck off prick!

I think you'll find roysten vasey is a fictional town set in yorkshire.

Just to prove what a shithole the boro is, watch the program on channel 4 tonight, pretty much saying just that.

God your a real set of mongers

I only noticed this thread had somehow grown to 6 pages... about Boro?!?! Why...

Stop paying attention to these lads you're only feeding their flagging egos and giving them this false idea that they are somehow relevant.

They are not our rivals nor will their team ever matter... ever.  :roll:

I am going back to watching the Bill now...

Middlesbrough is the 6th worst place to live in the UK according to its own residents who filled in a survey for C4s Best and Worst Places to Live in the UK: 2006.

yeah, read that and its probably true. on tonight at well now

He forgets to mention us being called a "town full of rapists" by Boro fans after Bramble and Dyer were falsely accused of wrongdoing.

Get off your ****ing moral highground, you sad bastards.

See, there ye gan again.

A finger, a thumb is just enough to give your kids a treat.

I think you all know what i'm refering to.

An absolute disgrace your fans behaved like morons yesterday and using horrific crimes against Children to score points at a Football match is a disgrace. Not sure if the ignorant fools who chanted this through-out the game are aware but it didn't even happen? Peoples doors were kicked by the police and peoples children were taken into care and quietly returned to their families with compensation payments, then the two paedatritions who started the inquiries actually lost their jobs. Its awfull, not sure why you lot have joined in with this you never used to, it was always a mackem thing, i always remembered you lot coming up with witty songs like Man utd do, not that you'll be arsed but you've proper lost everyone on Teessides respect after yesterday.

And the Oscar for Biggest Tit of the Week goes to...........