Setanta price increase

Dave

Got an email today, going up from £9.99 to £12.99 per month on Sky from the start of July for existing customers. It's already that price for new customers.

Twats. :dave:

Btw, we are aware of the database errors some may have got. We're working on it, apologies for any inconvenience.

Guest neesy111

why so Sky can put its 8 pund a match on for the extra sunday game?

before setanta came along i was more than happy with 50 quid for 50 extra games, thanks very much

it's free under virgin haha

before setanta came along i was more than happy with 50 quid for 50 extra games, thanks very much

it's free under virgin haha

but you get robbed when you pay for sky sports?

haha?

Guest Heneage

But if I pay Sky sports why should I fork out an extra 50 quid for 50 games, I bet you get better value with Setanta.

But if I pay Sky sports why should I fork out an extra 50 quid for 50 games, I bet you get better value with Setanta.

So youre saying you'd rather pay £156 for 70 games, most of which are low profile shit ones (eg Birmingham vs Fulham or some crap like that)?

I have been trying to cancel for a few weeks but you can never get through on the pissing phone!

When you do get through, they ask you to put it in writing! The cancellations are based in Sunderland at Doxford Park. I used to work there. if anyone would like the correct address to send their cancellation request in send me a message :coolsmiley:

I don't just watch EPL I enjoy Ligue 1, Eredivise, and BWIN Liga.

The point is that people who don't particularly want to watch those games get forced into paying for them. Setanta aren't daft, they know 95% of people just want the Premier League, so this solution has always been a con.

I'd like to see them justify a 30% increase. Somehow I don't think I will.

Guest MagFinnPie

Canal+ in scandinavia is about 30€/months although they' showed about 35 of the Newcastle games here in Finland  O0

Guest ToonGeneral

They have England internationals and the FA Cup next season. Thats why the price has increased, Shit!

Guest shearer_206

I had the first three months for a fiva, which I forgot all about untill I checked my account yesterday and 9.99 was taken out. I was considering cancelling anyway as the season has ended. So I will now. Thanks for the heads up Dai.

I've just spent 15 mins on the phone to them trying to cancel - spent five in a queue, five talking to a lovely Irish lady and five talking to their cancellations team on possibly the worst phone line I've ever had to use. Basically, their cancellations team aren't there to handle cancellations, they're there to get you to stay.

To save anyone else the hassle, you need to write a letter to

SETANTA 4

PO BOX 8544

SUNDERLAND

SR9 9XZ

(imagine that sack of c**ts being based in Sunderland, eh?)

Need to put in your name, address & Setanta account number.