Milner to Liverpool?

Guest Coubury

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Is he actually going to Liverpool or is this another long bullshit thread about a transfer that's not going to happen?

Is he actually going to Liverpool or is this another long bullshit thread about a transfer that's not going to happen?

It's mostly people winding up Jon in all fairness, the poor guy's heart has been through the wringer the last week or so. :lol:

Well, a few of the lads on RAWK reckon he's in talks with them at the moment.

They might just be stirring the pot though.

No idea why it is they're interested in him, he's got one thing about him that I like, and that's that he tries hard.

Unfortunately that's just not enough to be a good player (see Smith), and considering they're rumoured to be giving us 7m for him, I'm over the moon.

But yeah, probably won't even happen :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Smith doesn't even try hard anymore, he just runs around with a grin on his face that says, "I'm getting paid 50k a week for this".

Speaking as someone who doesn't rate Milner at all, I think it would be stupid to sell him unless we have a massive July transfer season lined up.  We might actually need a few players in the squad if we want to be playing football for 10 months of the Premiership season.

Speaking as someone who doesn't rate Milner at all, I think it would be stupid to sell him unless we have a massive July transfer season lined up.  We might actually need a few players in the squad if we want to be playing football for 10 months of the Premiership season.

Agreed, except that I do rate Milner. I honestly don't understand why so many people don't, but I won't get into it.

Agreed, except that I do rate Milner. I honestly don't understand why so many people don't, but I won't get into it.

Its easy really isn't it, we sell him and we buy his replacement who will be better but cheaper. Then we sign all the other players we need for the squad, we only need about 6.

Never played Football Manager have you!? Loser!

Agree with thewellander on this one. Milner is a very good young player as is Taylor imo. Milner is  hardworking, great attitude, not as slow as some idiots make out, two footed, very versatile, skillfull, not injury prone, has a good shot on him. We should deffo keep him, we do not have enough players as it is and i can't be arsed to argue with the anti milner brigade, some of which i suspect are mackems mischief making.

Milner is very versatile and could play in many roles 433 included. Hopefully we are not too desprerate for money at the moment that we have to sell our best youngsters, i hope Keegan tells liverpool where to go. Smith, Viduka, Cacapa and Duff should be got rid of, long before the likes of Milner.

When i look at young players, i always think to myself "how can they improve?".

Right now Milner is a hard working, decent, versitile midfield player, my main beef is that i don't think he will improve greatly in his career. I don't see him getting any quicker or any stronger now, which would be the biggest assest to his game.

I think if Liverpool gave us 6-8m for Milner i'd let him go. Might be worth getting Benayoun into the bargain.

The have knocked back a £15mill bid for Bentley, no one is going to pay more than that for him..

I'd give them 15.5m like ;)

Your right though, there being either extremely silly or very clever.

Since McCarthy doesn't seem to be getting the attention anymore i'd stick a bid in for him.

Right now Milner is a hard working, decent, versitile midfield player, my main beef is that i don't think he will improve greatly in his career. I don't see him getting any quicker or any stronger now, which would be the biggest assest to his game.

I think if Liverpool gave us 6-8m for Milner i'd let him go. Might be worth getting Benayoun into the bargain.

I agree, I think Benayoun would be an upgrade and is equally versatile. If we could get him plus a couple of million for Milner I'd snap their hands off.

I agree, I think Benayoun would be an upgrade and is equally versatile. If we could get him plus a couple of million for Milner I'd snap their hands off.

My only problem would be that Benayoun would be a "stop gap" albeit a very good one. Simply because although he's a good player, i don't think he excells in any position, which wouldn't make him one for the future. However, he offers more than Milner, in almost every aspect of his game.

Its easy really isn't it, we sell him and we buy his replacement who will be better but cheaper. Then we sign all the other players we need for the squad, we only need about 6.

Never played Football Manager have you!? Loser!

They're offering double what he's worth. It's good business sense to let him go. I honestly can't see why you rate him so highly. Is it something to do with your love of Amdy Faye? ;)

And with Milner’s international colleague and big pal Steven Taylor near to putting his signature on a new deal, it’s just the news United fans want to hear.

Well, one of them.

It's mostly people winding up Jon in all fairness, the poor guy's heart has been through the wringer the last week or so. :lol:

:coolsmiley:

He's after a new contract according to the chron, so it sounds like it's all been agent talk.

Thought it was strange that Liverpool would be after him like.

He's just had one.