PROTEST OUTSIDE ST.JAMES ON SATURDAY 4TH NOVEMBER

stozo

why dont a few of the more vocal/involved people etc on here who are wanting to get a chant/protest sorted.. meet up some where before the match (early as during the day) and chip in some money and buy something big enough (dust sheet job) and some paint ors omething.. and make a few big banners (just like the old "we want hitzfeld" one that was made) .. 3-4 or something and then when it comes to the match.. dont sit near each other. and then when it kicks off or something show off the banners

or alternativly... everyone who wants to... make your own and take it with you...

doesnt really matter what you use aslong as is its as decent size and read able

Guest Christian Hayne

Press coverage is vital for this to work. It would be better to do it at a game that's being covered live.

isn't the game against charlton being screened on prem plus

just a thought but wont hte media taking note on wed nights game??

they took notice of the chants in the last 5mins of the boro game on sunday.. so surely they will be lookin to c if we continue it on on wed night?? which would be a perfect chance to get it up alevel....

Guest Christian Hayne

then the protest if possible should be staged then, because i would love to join the protest but can't make it up to the sheff utd game.

As has been mentioned, the biggest problem with having one of these is some of the fucking nacker brain radgies that'll turn up, especially right in the middle of half term. It needs more advertising and planning if it's going to get the attention of the people who will do it sensibly, and take it seriously not just to get on the telly. SSN will have a feild day if a bunch of pissed up bairns gather outside.

On the 'United for change' bit.. It's a canny idea, but FFS is that thick he'd probably just read it and sack roeder. Not what we want as an outcome..

different protests have different problems attached to them though.

1. Staying away from the game can be seen as just shit fans who cant be arsed and therefore doesnt prove its a protest.

2. Protesting outside the ground is seen high profile but can too easily be picked up on by the wrong sorts and turned into bother, thereby turning all NUFC fans into hooligans in the eyes of the general public.

3. Organised chants within the ground could cause unrest with the players and inevitably be the reason we lose (even if it has no effect Shepherd would use that as the excuse).

Personally I think a different organised protest, if done well with plenty planning and by using recognised media as well as these forums (such as the Mag, True Faith etc) can be more effective and has more chance of getting the hardcore fanbase involved. Things such as a ten minutes silence where no matter what happens in the game people just sit there impassively. Or how about, organising it so everyone leaves early? even if its just ten minutes before the end of the game, if you can organise it properly would have a massive impact and provide a great picture opportunity for the media. Imagine it, an action shot of Shola (if its possible to find) with nobody in the stand behind.

[/pisstake]

You go make a banner out of an old bedsheet that your mam doesnt use anymore and spray it with "FAT FRED OOT!" and I'll be standing there camera in hand ready to make you an Internet star.

I'll pass.

We had similar problems at Dundee United a few years ago when fans wanted the chairman (Jim McLean) out.  It started off with protests outside the ground but these always seemed to descend into a rammy of drunken teenage idiots getting lifted and trying to look hard in front of their mates.

A supporters group was then formed called (you guessed it) United for Change.  They had an elected secretary, spokesman, fundraiser etc and eventually managed to oust the chairman and buy shares in the club.

This is the kind of organisation required if you really want to make a difference - you're taking on a powerful guy and if you don't do things professionally, he'll walk all over you.

A word of warning though, Dundee United have gone right downhill ever since.

[/pisstake]

You go make a banner out of an old bedsheet that your mam doesnt use anymore and spray it with "FAT FRED OOT!" and I'll be standing there camera in hand ready to make you an Internet star.

I'll pass.

Aye I thought you might.

[/pisstake]

I'll pass.

Aye I thought you might.

Considering your past form, I'm genuinely surprised you got a civil answer to that.

Considering your past form, I'm genuinely surprised you got a civil answer to that.

awwwwwwwwww you still got a grudge? its times like these that the kids need to realise that one piss take (no matter how succesful or silly it makes people look) is just that, a pisstake, believe me if I was wanting to take the piss out of the Shepherd Out brigade Id do it a lot more underhand and funnier than sticking a post in a thread which anyone can see is a serious point being made.

Still like I say go out and make a banner and have 20 kids screaming Shepherd out in high pitched balls-not-dropped voices and see how much backing it gets from the press. ToonTastic was right when he said that the way to hit Shepherd is in the pocket by people not going in however that is very very difficult to organise and doesnt prove its a protest unless theyre all stood outside instead.

If you can arrange that then it would be one hell of a PR stunt, even if it was just 3 or 4 thousand people all sitting outside the ground lsitening to it on radios. And if you want to get proper coverage of this sort of thing then you'd be better keeping the likes of myself and others that have the ideas and facilities available to pull of something big.

After all who says that a well orchestrated piss-take couldnt be damaging to Shepherd and his cronies?