Is Given due a testimonial?

Big Geordie

Guest michaelfoster

yes him & Harper are due one iirc, they probably wont have it till they retire though.

Guest Heneage

Why not give them a joint one where they pick an XI each. Give Shay a nice silver shield harper can have a golden bench.:lol:

Just been thinking on the back of Arsenal being rumoured to be making a bid. Shay's been at the club now since 1997, so surely he must be due a testimonial?

just so long as he doesn't invite those bigoted pissheads north of the border again

Just been thinking on the back of Arsenal being rumoured to be making a bid. Shay's been at the club now since 1997, so surely he must be due a testimonial?

just so long as he doesn't invite those bigoted pissheads north of the border again

Would rather play a Republic of Ireland 11 than that lot.  Not likely to happen though.

Would rather play a Republic of Ireland 11 than that lot.  Not likely to happen though.

No way will it be Sunderland man!  :rolleyes:

They'll probably have a joint one.

With Harper being on the bench.

:lol: Class.

Top drawer ;D

Honestly though, I was thinking a Given XI versus a Harper XI. Would be unique and would probably be the only way they'd get a decent gate for it.

He's due a testimonial if enough people want to turn out to make it worthwhile. I wouldn't go because the only goalie who deserves a testimonial IMO is Steve Harper.

They'll probably have a joint one.

With Harper being on the bench.

:lol: Class.

Top drawer ;D

Honestly though, I was thinking a Given XI versus a Harper XI. Would be unique and would probably be the only way they'd get a decent gate for it.

Be good that. :thup:

Both Shay Given and Steve Harper deserves testimonial, and I'm sure the club will arrange them at the end of their careers. Shay has been one of the best players at Newcastle the last 15 years and it's ridicoulos that some people are against him now because he's had injuries and an average season behind him...I will definetely go to Shay's testimonial, and I live in Norway..

Guest shearer_united

What would be nice to see but i already know wont happen:

Given's XI vs Harper's XI -  picked players from the EPL (including clubs other than Newcastle).

Would love to see that - but its way too demanding.

What would be nice to see but i already know wont happen:

Given's XI vs Harper's XI -  picked players from the EPL (including clubs other than Newcastle).

Would love to see that - but its way too demanding.

So each team would consist of players with no affiliation to Newcastle whatsoever? ???

Nah... that's not a testimonial.