Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

Just read mine: why do students get discount in all the bar areas, the new singing section and the family area, but not in regular seating!?

Seems very bizarre to me. For example, I can move up to the "Leazes Corner" and pay £330 instead of £429 for a saving of 23%! If I move up there from the Gallowgate, and get student prices, I could save £213!

Madness, surely?

Around 15-20% off in all areas, except the regular seating (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand, Paddocks)...

Think the bigger question is why do students get discount ?!?!

I'll still end up paying far more than the price of a ticket with my trips back from Hull every other weekend to watch them.

They want a younger average crowd in, it's not just the 18+ students this is offered to, it goes for the 16+ college sorts as well, which is fair enough if you ask me. It'd probably be better if they did just offer it to 16-18 year olds, actually.

Just read mine: why do students get discount in all the bar areas, the new singing section and the family area, but not in regular seating!?

Seems very bizarre to me. For example, I can move up to the "Leazes Corner" and pay £330 instead of £429 for a saving of 23%! If I move up there from the Gallowgate, and get student prices, I could save £213!

Madness, surely?

Around 15-20% off in all areas, except the regular seating (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand, Paddocks)...

I'll still end up paying far more than the price of a ticket with my trips back from Hull every other weekend to watch them.

They want a younger average crowd in, it's not just the 18+ students this is offered to, it goes for the 16+ college sorts as well, which is fair enough if you ask me. It'd probably be better if they did just offer it to 16-18 year olds, actually.

Why though, if you've left school get a job it's simple really.

Madness, surely?

Still a big ask for 17 year olds like my brother to pay £543 for a ticket, he's in full-time education at Newcastle College, even if he did have a part-time job. Not many kids of that age are going to be sensible enough to save money specifically for season tickets every summer, unfortunately. It looks as though he won't be able to renew, which is a real pity seeing how he's been a season ticket holder since he was about 13.

When I was at college I did a Saturday (or Sunday) job that earnt me £25 a week, which was very good money at the time for somebody my age. Even at that rate it would have been 22 weeks (almost half a fucking year) of saving it to pay for a season ticket in the Gallowgate End for next year.

Are you arguing that people shouldn't go to college/university here? Or that if they do, they should work as well?

I think the student discount is fair craic, personally, especially for the likes of my brother to whom £543 is a huge chunk of cash - I'm not one of these who'll use student discount whenever the opportunity arises (i.e. don't ask for it in shops, etc. unless it's offered) but I am quite pleasantly surprised that NUFC are now offering it - loads of other clubs already do as far as I'm aware.

As it stands, I can't get it anyway with sitting where I do, but I don't begrudge others who can get it simply for that reason.

Madness, surely?

Still a big ask for 17 year olds like my brother to pay £543 for a ticket, he's in full-time education at Newcastle College, even if he did have a part-time job. Not many kids of that age are going to be sensible enough to save money specifically for season tickets every summer, unfortunately. It looks as though he won't be able to renew, which is a real pity seeing how he's been a season ticket holder since he was about 13.

When I was at college I did a Saturday (or Sunday) job that earnt me £25 a week, which was very good money at the time for somebody my age. Even at that rate it would have been 22 weeks (almost half a f***ing year) of saving it to pay for a season ticket in the Gallowgate End for next year.

Are you arguing that people shouldn't go to college/university here? Or that if they do, they should work as well?

I think the student discount is fair craic, personally, especially for the likes of my brother to whom £543 is a huge chunk of cash - I'm not one of these who'll use student discount whenever the opportunity arises (i.e. don't ask for it in shops, etc. unless it's offered) but I am quite pleasantly surprised that NUFC are now offering it - loads of other clubs already do as far as I'm aware.

As it stands, I can't get it anyway with sitting where I do, but I don't begrudge others who can get it simply for that reason.

I believe the increase in student discount has increased the cost for the other fans which I feel to be massivly unfair for someone who has chose to take up a specific role in life. I've chosen that roll myself I was a student through college and Uni both full time but I also had a job as it happens at Sports Soccer. I was able to work weekends and bring home £35 a day from the age of 16 and I wanted a season ticket which I paid for myself and like most people on here didn't get the discount. I worked extra over the holidays to get extra cash that I wanted for other things.

The whole hard time with cash for students is bollocks basically, if your crap with money you'll struggle thats the whole thing. I managed holidays plenty of nights out and a season ticket while I was there so yes I feel if you want that specific seat then you can pay the cash like everyone else sat around you. I have no problem at all with extending the family enclosure this is a great idea but the students discount I feel is crap and always have done.

Just managed to get through to the BO to be told that I'm getting moved from seat 432 to 419 in row R in level 7, so literally just along the row into the corner...and more importantly still right next to the away fans, well when they sell their allocation anyway!!

Ower the knot :D woop woop woop

Phil:

Won't disagree with much there as far as it pertains to people 18+, but I maintain the stance that for 16-18 year olds it's a big ask for them all to do what you did while that age, which was very admirable really. In an ideal world they would all do that and work while at college, but I doubt there are the jobs/the motivation to do so, for whatever reason.

Got mine, very bizarre - I'm getting moved, to an area which is a worse viewing section thought they won't specify exactly where but somewhere in the old away section.  Additionally, they want my form in by the 17th but consultation doesn't start till the 21st!

I'll be booking a consultation time to vent some displeasure!!

You will find that the consultations don't start until the 24th now. already got mine booked!!

pretty standard renewal for me, apart from i want an additional seat next to mine for my dad, so i will have to move to get two together.

if i could guarantee i could be here for all the games over the next 3 years i would've gone with the direct debit, maybe even paid all in one go

Has anyone tried renewing via the website?  Same as last year in that it doesn't work.  Load of crap!

even if it did work i wouldnt wanna risk it tbh, far too important to leave to chance

And instead you leave it to the Royal Mail?! :lol:

Guest taff2727

Has anyone tried renewing via the website?  Same as last year in that it doesn't work.  Load of crap!

even if it did work i wouldnt wanna risk it tbh, far too important to leave to chance

I know what you're saying but you'd think as a plc the club would have a decent online presence.  It just looks naff to be honest - even saying that tickets for the 2006/07 season are now sold out.

Madness, surely?

Cos we're lush.

Is nobody else concerned that were trying to get funds in to the club like this?

What happens if Ashley sells up and takes 20k of season ticket seats for the next two years with him?

Why else would you offer such a deal, its not like were in dire needs of bums on seats.

Fishy.

Is nobody else concerned that were trying to get funds in to the club like this?

What happens if Ashley sells up and takes 20k of season ticket seats for the next two years with him?

Why else would you offer such a deal, its not like were in dire needs of bums on seats.

Fishy.

It's definitely concerning, but I wouldn't think Ashley would concern himself with taking away such a relatively small amount. Pocket change for a billionaire.

Fishy.

Absolute nonsense mate.  Not going to happen.

Fishy.

So what is he doing then?

Fishy.

So what is he doing then?

Securing three years of income, easing the cash flow etc.  No way he could disappear with the money tbh