Peruvian Midfielder Juan Carlos Marino?

Skirge

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3668464,00.html

and yet another player linked, South American flair this time though :D

Newcastle are reportedly considering a move for Peruvian midfielder Juan Carlos Marion.

Kevin Keegan is understood to be watching Marion, who currently plays for Hercules in the Spanish Segunda division.

And Newcastle have sounded out Marion's agent with a view to attracting the 25-year-old to St James' Park.

Marion is under contract with Hercules until 2009, but he admits he would be interested in a move to England and his club are believed to be willing to listen to offers in the region of £2.5million.

"I am happy in Spain, but it is logical that I would like to progress in my career," Marion told Spanish media.

"If any big club wanted to sign me it would be an easy decision. England have a great league."

For all of those that can't find him on wikipedia, it's actually Juan Carlos Marino.

:lol: I was feckin wondering why I could not find anything on him, all the media calling him Juan Carlos Marion. ..

I don`t understand some of their thinking tbh.........KK has said he would not really consider buying players direct from the top tier South American leagues but would consider someone from the Spanish 2nd division where the quality IMO is far more inferior (I know this story is just speculation though)

As for the player....not heard of him but I do agree with the sentiment that we could do with some South American flair.

YOUTUBETASTIC  MIND. :D :lol:

Personal information

Full name Juan Carlos Mariño Márquez

Date of birth January 2, 1982 (1982-01-02) (age 26)

Place of birth    Flag of Peru Lima, Peru

Height (5,8)

Playing position Midfielder

Club information

Current club Hércules CF

Number 16

Senior clubs1

Years Club App (Gls)*

2001–2006

2003–2004

2006–2007

2007– Lanús

→ Argentinos Juniors (loan)

→ KS Dinamo Tirana (loan)

Cienciano

Alianza Lima

Hércules CF 14 (1)

21 (0)

42 (9)

04 (1)

15 (1) 

National team

2007-present Peru 04 (1)

1 Senior club appearances and goals

counted for the domestic league only.

* Appearances (Goals)

:lol: well youtube may be how we heard of him, aye you cannot go off videos on the net, not unless your getting entire performance..

Big worry is that 1 goal is all they show of him on youtube, get on the blower to Nobby KK and find out the score.

I said this in the Realistic Transfer Targets Thread, but we are employing a 21 year old Spanish scout who has done wonders for Racing Santander for reccommending a string of obscure players that helped Marcelino lead them to a top 6 finish. If there are any legs in this, I reckon that he will be involved.

Guest Jawesome

get on the blower to Nobby KK and find out the score.

Maybe he's already done that?  You'd like to think Nobby would put in a good word.

Well Nobby is like a god in Peru they love him, so if this is true and we are after him I am sure Nobby would speak to him even without the club asking him to, he loves the club, City and fans..

I get the feeling this is the kind of deal Mike Ashley is looking for, putting a lot of faith in the talent scouts and trying to find some gems for next to nowt. its a risky game to play though, we still need top Prem quality just in case his scouted unkowns do not work out..

when looking at youtube you've got to strip the player down to as raw as it gets. the guy clearly has pace and can read the game

check out the clip `MARADONA Peruano - Roberto Merino`

Some skill that fella has

In almost 10 minutes of footage I counted 563 stepovers, 3 assists & 3 goals.

Youtube showboat rating: 8/10

Youtube effectiveness rating: 4/10

when looking at youtube you've got to strip the player down to as raw as it gets. the guy clearly has pace and can read the game

check out the clip `MARADONA Peruano - Roberto Merino`

Some skill that fella has

In almost 10 minutes of footage I counted 563 stepovers, 3 assists & 3 goals.

Youtube showboat rating: 8/10

Youtube effectiveness rating: 4/10

That's a different player I think  :razz:

what i reckon we should do is go for quaresma. the guy has run his course at porto and isnt being played in the portugal team. i reckon a £9 million bid would get him.