"The Sir John Hall Stand"

NE5

with the re-housing of fans in the stadium etc, and the old regime gone, has the time came to change the names of the stands back to what they always were ?

Call it the Leazes End. It always will be to people like me anyway.

Gallowgate End.

No objections to the Milburn Stand, in honour of a great player synonomous with the clubs history.

No problem with the east stand.

If anybody should have a section of the ground named after them, it should be Keegan, one day, who has been the major influence on this club and its fortunes since 1982.

Oh, and Mike Ashley, take down that bloody Sports Direct.com badge on the top of the GALLOWGATE roof and put the club badge back.

Advertising boards behind & along the sidelines is enough. I'm prepared to accept that Ashley will ultimately use the club & and the ground as an advertising mule for his other business interests, as i'm of the opinion that's one major reason as to why he bought the club ie. an EPL-status club selling his brand name is naturally advantagous to his business interests. He bought the club and he's going to milk the club's advertising power for every penny it's worth, that's his right.

But to rip down the club badge, in preference to blatant self-promotion/selling his company brand name, borders on sacriledge imo. That's carrying the notion of company promotion too far.

But to rip down the club badge, in preference to blatant self-promotion/selling his company brand name, borders on sacriledge imo. That's carrying the notion of company promotion too far.

Eh? Who's done that like?

Get them back the way they were, I feel a petition coming on.

Not only are the names "The Leazes" and "The Gallowgate" what remains in the vast majority of supporters minds they're also synonymous with the old city.

with the re-housing of fans in the stadium etc, and the old regime gone, has the time came to change the names of the stands back to what they always were ?

Gallowgate End.

No objections to the Milburn Stand, in honour of a great player synonomous with the clubs history.

If anybody should have a section of the ground named after them, it should be Keegan, one day, who has been the major influence on this club and its fortunes since 1982.

Oh, and Mike Ashley, take down that bloody Sports Direct.com badge on the top of the GALLOWGATE roof and put the club badge back.

Advertising boards behind & along the sidelines is enough. I'm prepared to accept that Ashley will ultimately use the club & and the ground as an advertising mule for his other business interests, as i'm of the opinion that's one major reason as to why he bought the club ie. an EPL-status club selling his brand name is naturally advantagous to his business interests. He bought the club and he's going to milk the club's advertising power for every penny it's worth, that's his right.

As far as I remember, there wasn't a club badge where the SD logo is now. Still doesn't change the fact it looks rank, though.

Gallowgate End.

As far as I remember, there wasn't a club badge where the SD logo is now. Still doesn't change the fact it looks rank, though.

There was like.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3425/newcastlestjamespark2aw2.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7145/stjamesparklys4.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7967/stjamespark5fw2.jpg

Ashley didn't 'rip' anything down.

Guest Jungle Barry

The badge used to reside in the same position as the sports direct logo (ie. on the "face" of the stand) at the leazes end before the extension.

Always wondered why it never got put on the Gallowgate following the completion of leazes extension

The badge used to reside in the same position as the sports direct logo (ie. on the "face" of the stand) at the leazes end before the extension.

Always wondered why it never got put on the Gallowgate following the completion of leazes extension

Ah shit aye.

On a seperate notes I wish some cunt would announce the scores still at HT since due to not being Inspector Gadget I can't see them go along the East Stand sponsor boards (as is what i've been told happens)

Do Man Utd still have Nike and AIG on their seats? They've definitely had Nike and Vodafone, formerly Sharp too. As advertising goes, the Sports Direct sign is not that big a deal.

Do Man Utd still have Nike and AIG on their seats? They've definitely had Nike and Vodafone, formerly Sharp too. As advertising goes, the Sports Direct sign is not that big a deal.

Don't know about the seats but they have the Nike logo on one of the stands in the same position as the Sports Direct one is on the Gallowgate.