Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Eagles will be joining Watford as far as I know. When I went looking for a job in the club store earlier, the fella reckoned we'd made a bid. He's a local lad. Not even that great. Not good enough for you.

Guthrie will be reliable and decent for you with potential to improve. :)

Not a gamble at that price, our squad is very small so players like this are welcome to join.

I think we'll see 3 or 4 of these type of signings,  maybe Giles Barnes as well.

No thanks.

Why not, we need young players that can fill the squad and become valuable squad members in the long term.  What do you want, 11 Damian Duffs?

Not a gamble at that price, our squad is very small so players like this are welcome to join.

I think we'll see 3 or 4 of these type of signings,  maybe Giles Barnes as well.

No thanks.

Why not, we need young players that can fill the squad and become valuable squad members in the long term.  What do you want, 11 Damian Duffs?

Not Giles Barnes.

No thanks.

Not Giles Barnes.

So if you could get Giles Barnes on the cheap say 2m you wouldn't.  He hardly had a fair chance last year he was injured all the time, before that he was one of the hottest properties in the country.  We need youngsters as we can't afford to push on by spending money on established stars.

No thanks.

Not Giles Barnes.

So if you could get Giles Barnes on the cheap say 2m you wouldn't.  He hardly had a fair chance last year he was injured all the time, before that he was one of the hottest properties in the country.  We need youngsters as we can't afford to push on by spending money on established stars.

I'm all for buying promising youngsters, just I don't believe Giles Barnes to be one of those. I don't rate him at all.

2 million makes this deal worthwhile. At least it bolsters our squad, because I can't think of too many youngster coming through our reserve ranks that can step into the 1st team squad in CM.

I am not getting too excited about this potential signing but there is every chance he could work out. Looking back at that full back with Blackburn - Warnock, he has done pretty well for Blackburn and probably carried a similar rep to Guthrie.

No thanks.

Not Giles Barnes.

I'm all for buying promising youngsters, just I don't believe Giles Barnes to be one of those. I don't rate him at all.

fair enough.  I was just using him as an example it would have been nice if you'd qualified you're answer.

im sure we will raid united to be honest, evans has already been mentioned and that one is happening behind the scenes, eagles is in talks with 2 prem clubs, i no one of them is west ham. I could genuinly see us looking at somebody liek frase campbell though. Did well at Hull, dont think he would cut it here, but i think we could see a triple bid in that area

We enquried about him during last season. If Man Utd were willing to sell him and we met their valuation, he'd come here rather than returning to Hull.

Guest Mcdonald36

I watched him for Bolton at Old Trafford and he was the best player on the pitch. He's got good feet and close control and can pick a pass under pressure. Not the quickest, mind, but mobile enough. He's still only a young lad too.

We either get a bargain and a player for the future, or we get what we pay for, which is hardly going to break the bank.

Not exactly a massive risk.

Best thing about this is that at least the management know where we need improving as a priority.

For me this is one of Smiths feet out of our midfield and onto the 7-man bench. You could say that we've lost Emre etc. but he never played and we'll now save loads of money on plasters & ice packs. More cost cutting from Big Mike there.

Guest Mcdonald36

You have to wonder why Bolton didnt buy him for as little as £2m if he was as good as people say.

Maybe they wanted to but the lad wanted to come here instead?

Bolton are skint anyway. They've just shelled out for some unheard of striker haven't they?

He had 30 starts last season. He's an attacking midfield player. To my knowledge in 30 starts he scored 1 goal and made 0 assists.

He'll fit right in here.  :lol:

You have to wonder why Bolton didnt buy him for as little as £2m if he was as good as people say.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think it's anything worth getting too concerned about. Bolton aren't loaded with money, especially since they'll have just blown the majority of whatever budget they've got signing Elmander. There's nothing to say Guthrie wanted to stay there anyway.