Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

£2m is nothing to spend on a player these days. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Worth a gamble I suppose and let's give the lad a chance and judge him in a black and white shirt. :)

Guest nufc_geordie

This guy had a good season at Bolton last year and was thought of very highly. The times I saw him he stood out way above Kevin Nolan, Stelios etc. as a player with drive, skill and good passing ability. For two million this is a great signing and at worst will only strengthen the squad. Personally I don't think he will be too far away from the first team from what I have seen of him.

Did Keegan not say 3-4 with Potential?  I think this lad falls into the bracket. 

Nothing to get really excited about but our squad is thin as fuck (my saturday team has a bigger squad), we need numbers and at the prices quoted, I am sure he can do a job.  IMO, we will be signing around 6-8 players (or need to anyway) so we still have plenty of time for a few more 'exciting' signings yet.

Unexciting as f***. 'Meh' was my first reaction.

I doubt Keegan's too concerned about giving you thrills.

If you need some excitement go visit Thorpe Park you child.

i reckon we should go for heskey now. premier league experience and him and smith would be dynamite upfront, in fact throw shola in there too. geremi butt and guthrie behind. this team is really shaping up.

Change the R (edit - the first one) in your name with an N

FFS.

Guest icemanblue

i reckon we should go for heskey now. premier league experience and him and smith would be dynamite upfront, in fact throw shola in there too. geremi butt and guthrie behind. this team is really shaping up.

You forgetting Owen, Viduka and Martins then? Or do they not count because we haven't signed them this summer?

Pleb.

Are you in anyway associated with Shiteam?

Whoa, so I'm not excited about signing a player who played on a really shit team last season (and wasn't even their best player), doesn't look like ever being able to play for Liverpool (a team we should hope to challenge in a few seasons) and I'm sad?

Are you all excited?

I'm just being honest. 1 goal and 0 assists. I've never seen him, but from the sound of things (especially what Bolton fans have said), I'm not excited.

Of course, this doesn't mean he's shit, or that he won't play well for us. I'm just not excited. There's a fucking difference, you dipshits.

Edit: Bolded the part I know some idiots will miss on purpose

Last season's league stats:

Games started - 21

Sub appearances - 4

Shots - 36

Shots on target - 19

Fouls committed - 28

Fouls suffered - 36

Yellows - 4

Reds - 0

Goals - 0

Assists - 0

Guest icemanblue

Any chance of getting a 'twat filter' for this site?

Invaluable for up to date transfer info. Unbearable for the shit that goes with it.

Whoa, so I'm not excited about signing a player who played on a really shit team last season (and wasn't even their best player), doesn't look like ever being able to play for Liverpool (a team we should hope to challenge in a few seasons) and I'm sad?

Are you all excited?

I'm just being honest. 1 goal and 0 assists. I've never seen him, but from the sound of things (especially what Bolton fans have said), I'm not excited.

Of course, this doesn't mean he's shit, or that he won't play well for us. I'm just not excited. There's a fucking difference, you dipshits.

Edit: Bolded the part I know some idiots will miss on purpose

Serious question.

Who is more suited to commenting on Guthrie? Us or Liverpool supporters?

Because the Liverpool supporters are gutted to see him go.

From what I saw of him last year he'll be a very, very handy squad player.

Fair enough if he cost upwards of 5m, but it's 2m for fucks sake. Hardly going to make a big loss if he turns out shit (which he wont).

Don't be excited, but the thing is we need squad players, not every signing is going to be a superstar. Not every signing CAN be a superstar.