Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Looked decent for Bolton last season (given the fact they are utterly aweful to watch too) from what I saw of him.

Another decent addition to the squad, only young and will add cover.  

Brilliant that this was done under the radar too.  I think they must have finally found the mole in the club :)

As for all the negativity...christ on a bike...we sign someone who has potential and has prem experience and we get moaning or we dont sign anyone and we get moaning again.  

Cant win.

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of midfielder Danny Guthrie from Liverpool.

The 21-year-old put pen to paper on a four-year contract at St. James' Park on Friday evening after the Magpies agreed a fee with the Reds.

Danny, signed for an undisclosed fee, told nufc.co.uk: "I'm really happy to be joining Newcastle United.

"I'm ready to get involved straight away and I cannot wait to meet the boys and get started."

Danny spent last season on loan at Bolton Wanderers and was well liked by fans at the Reebok Stadium during his time there.

United boss Kevin Keegan told nufc.co.uk: "I'm absolutely delighted that we've got Danny.

"He proved himself in the Premier League last season so we know he can play at that level.

"He's at the right age and is a good signing for us."

Shrewsbury-born Danny is Newcastle's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Argentine international Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca.

I'm going to get his name on the back of my shirt.

Daehtihs?

Are you kidding, I'd get lynched ;D

Dont think you'd get lynched as no one gives a flying f**k who he is anyhow.

Who do so many people bite then?

Guest MaetihS

at the end of the day, this signing does not improve us one bit. Just consolidation of average players.

You still here?

of course i am here. proven right so far, not going to sign Inler, Turan, Gomis; players that are too good for us.

Guest mobiius

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Maetihs put your money where your mouth is I'll bet you £50 we dont finish in the bottom half of the table,

We'll both put the money in someone's paypal (maybees a mod from here), Then the winner takes the money at the end of the season....

Put up or shut up!!

i don't think he will take that bet as it doesn't appeal to him but bet him that we will finish higher than his real(scumderland) team and you might be on. The fuck's a mackem plant man.

Guest Deep456

at the end of the day, this signing does not improve us one bit. Just consolidation of average players.

You still here?

of course i am here. proven right so far, not going to sign Inler, Turan, Gomis; players that are too good for us.

I am not a hater but you definately said Aimar would sign with De la Red a possibility.  I still feel one of those two will sign.

I know that we are not getting players like Iner and Turan, but this signing just spells relegation. our current midfield is already full of flairless players and now Jonas and Danny will just form one of the worst midfield squad in the prem league.

Maetihs put your money where your mouth is I'll bet you £50 we dont finish in the bottom half of the table,

We'll both put the money in someone's paypal (maybees a mod from here), Then the winner takes the money at the end of the season....

Put up or shut up!!

i don't think he will take that bet as it doesn't appeal to him but bet him that we will finish higher than his real(scumderland) team and you might be on. The f***'s a mackem plant man.

Well the moneys there if he really belives we'll strugle that much??

Guest Deep456

I'd pay to see it.   :lol:

You'd be waiting with your f***ing camera. ;)

He wouldn't be the only one. ;)

Guest MaetihS

Put up or shut up!!

no problem. lets do this at the end of the transfer window. like i say we need more quality players, should this sort of lousy signings continue till end of transfer window, i will put up 1000 euros up. not asking much, even a signing like larsson or kevin nolan kind of standard will improve us greatly. wat the heck, if we sign Diouf, i will be elated. we need players of that calibre.

Put up or shut up!!

no problem. lets do this at the end of the transfer window. like i say we need more quality players, should this sort of lousy signings continue till end of transfer window, i will put up 1000 euros up. not asking much, even a signing like larsson or kevin nolan kind of standard will improve us greatly. wat the heck, if we sign Diouf, i will be elated. we need players of that calibre.

Backing out

You have already said we wont sign quality you thinking differently now

Guest Deep456

Don't know about you lot but i'm cuming with excitement about this one.

Don't worry we will be too busy fannying about to actually sign him ;)

:lol:

Put up or shut up!!

Lets do it now I'm sure dave or somone will let the money stand in their account..

Why wait? like you always say we'll strugle this season

Guest Deep456

I'd pay to see it.   :lol:

You'd be waiting with your f***ing camera. ;)

He wouldn't be the only one. ;)

Too right, if people know you're coming there'd be dozens waiting..............

Don't forget my sidekick, Dave.

just got in from work.  My manager said this came on SSN when he was on his break.  Not exactly a signing to set the heart racing, but I suppose its competition for places who also fits the criteria of us looking for younger players.  I'll support him as long as he's wearing the black and white shirt.  (Unless he's as useless as Alan Smith, if thats possible, and I'll call him every name under the sun).

Glad its undisclosed, as I can't see it being a huge fee, and it stops the Sun from splattering "KEEGAN BUYS ON THE CHEAP DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS" bollocks.

Although I'm 90% certain they'll still have a pop.

Guest MaetihS

You still here?

I am not a hater but you definately said Aimar would sign with De la Red a possibility.  I still feel one of those two will sign.

i never say confirmed. i just say i hear talks like that when in spain. i will be definitely be more optimistic at least a top 10 finish if we manage to sign them. my heart says i want these players but my head says these sort of players will not join us. so we need the cheaper and less famous but still better-than-our crop of players like larsson. not hard to improve our midfield being so shit but so far the signings are just consolidating the shitness. Jonas will most likely be able to improve our steelness but creativity wise, we are going no where. that is why i am so fustrated, not hard to improve our midfield, even players like steed malbraque or bullard will be vast impovements

Guest MaetihS

Put up or shut up!!

Backing out

You have already said we wont sign quality you thinking differently now

my quality is in terms of relative. we can sign quality players like larsson but not the higher grades like the Inlers and Turans

Guest sicko2ndbest

I taught this lad for a year when he was 16. Very good technically with a great engine. However, if he is commanding a first team place we are in serious trouble. He is neither an attacking or defensive midfielder, he is very 'run of the mill' who would not stand out in the championsip.

Not excited at all, squad addition nothing more nothing less