Sunday Gossip....

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

Starter for 10 from the NOTW  :blush:

Toon boss Keegan in for Spurs 'misfit' Aaron

I'LL RESCUE £6m LENNON

By ROB BEASLEY

KEVIN KEEGAN is preparing a £6million swoop for Tottenham’s out-of-favour winger Aaron Lennon.

The Newcastle boss is a fan of the Spurs misfit and sees him as the perfect replacement for Liverpool-bound winger James Milner.

And White Hart Lane chief Juande Ramos is ready to do business and use the cash to help finance a £15million bid for Blackburn Rovers’ David Bentley

A top Toon source said: “Keegan is convinced he can capture Aaron Lennon and revitalise his career.

“The lad's disappeared off the radar at Tottenham under Ramos and the fact they are trying to sign Bentley shows Lennon is obviously surplus to requirements.

“He is from the North, too. He was born in Leeds and coming to St James’ Park would bring him back much closer to home.

“And being at a club that wants him could be the boost he is looking for to kick-start his career again.

“He is lightning fast with great skill and likes to bomb forward down the flanks.

“That is the sort of player that Kevin Keegan loves and the boss is sure that he can get the very best out of Lennon again.

“It wasn't long ago that everyone was talking about him as the new David Beckham for England.

“He burst on to the scene at the World Cup in Germany a couple of years ago and looked a sure bet.

“But he has found it tough to maintain that form and lost his way with club and country. That is why the gaffer reckons Lennon will jump at the chance to make a change and get his career back on track again.”

Spurs are also preparing for life without Dimitar Berbatov and are considering a £10m bid for Blackburn’s Roque Santa Cruz.

Ramos expects to have money to spend in the next few weeks if Berbatov finally leaves White Hart Lane.

Santa Cruz claims Manchester United want to sign him but Ramos sees him as an ideal replacement for the Bulgarian and will tempt him with a regular starting place.

The Paraguayan striker only joined Blackburn last summer because bigger clubs ignored him. But his 19 Premier League goals have made them think again.

With Darren Bent being linked with a loan move, Spurs need a target man to play alongside Robbie Keane as they bid to break into the top four.

Santa Cruz, 26, is on international duty this week but he will return to Rovers’ pre-season training in a fortnight with an offer from Spurs waiting for him.

Tottenham have also been boosted by the news that Michael Dawson has said he has no intention of leaving.

Ramos is keen to strengthen his backline and has been linked with a number of defenders as he looks to find an experienced player to start alongside Jonathan Woodgate.

With Ledley King also battling to win back his place in the side, Dawson knows his chances could be limited at White Hart Lane.

The 24-year-old had been linked with a £6m move to Sunderland while Aston Villa, Newcastle and Bolton were also rumoured to be interested in him.

But Dawson said: “It is all speculation. I am happy here and I don’t know where that has come from.”

were startiing to look like a very small club

because as yet we have no idea who we are after or who we have bid for. all we have is media speculation which we know is more often than not "wide of the mark" ?

Guest Harry-Norway

Arshavin, too late now for Toon  to get him sign,we should tryied before it all started in EC.

I read that Arsenal and a lot of other "big" clubs wants his sign,and then i am sorry to say that we are not among those big clubs anymore

And look at the russian goalkeeper!!!!!! buy him and sell Given to Arsenal

Arshavin, too late now for Toon  to get him sign,we should tryied before it all started in EC.

I read that Arsenal and a lot of other "big" clubs wants his sign,and then i am sorry to say that we are not among those big clubs anymore

And look at the russian goalkeeper!!!!!! buy him and sell Given to Arsenal

impeccable source ?

Guest Stephen927

Aaron Lennons got a lot of raw talent, and I'd fancy Keegan to get the best out of him and get him enjoying his football again. Wouldn't mind him for £6m at all.

From the Sunday Sun.

"Newcastle have asked about Aimar's situation - that is certain. There has still not been any formal offer for us and Zaragoza to study, but the Premier League would be perfect for him, and I want to speak to Newcastle to take things forward." - Agent.

Lennon's facing the same challenge as a lot of young players. He has an initial impact, defenders then suss him out a bit and learn how to play him, he then has to work on the weaker parts of the game in order to still be effective. That last bit doesn't seem to be happening with Lennon. Not yet anyway.

I don't want us to slip back to an orthodox 4-4-2, which is what I think a move for Lennon would mean. It may be the familiar ground where Keegan feels confident, but other teams are playing with a bit more imagination.

If we tried to but Modric for £15m then for £16m there's no reason why we shouldn't persue Bentley.

Bentley said something along the lines of: "You'd never see me signing for an unstable club like Newcastle" a while back, and being the strong-minded slightly controversial guy that he is, I doubt we could change his mind this summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7467751.stm

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is preparing a £6m swoop for Tottenham's out-of-favour winger Aaron Lennon. (News of the World)

The Magpies boss will also fight it out with rivals Sunderland for the £10m transfer of Celtic's Aiden McGeady. (News of the World)

Everton and Newcastle are still in the hunt for Orlando Engelaar, the Dutch international midfielder. (Sunday Times)

I'd take Lennon for £6m definitely, and I can agree with those saying Keegan could get the best out of him.  If we could get £5/6m for Milner too, that would be spot on.  Add pulling off a deal for Arda to that and I would be ecstatic.

However I do agree with Crumpy.  Its worth sticking a bid for Bentley in, if we were going to pay a similar fee for Modric.  If Blackburn accepted the bid it'd just be up to Wise, KK et al to really sell the club to him.

Guest toonlass

I would agree with bidding for Bentley, it can't hurt, if he says no then we can look at Lennon.

I'm sure Keegan has his targets, and that we will see some lads coming through the door before long.

Guest johnson293

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7467751.stm

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is preparing a £6m swoop for Tottenham's out-of-favour winger Aaron Lennon. (News of the World)

The Magpies boss will also fight it out with rivals Sunderland for the £10m transfer of Celtic's Aiden McGeady. (News of the World)

Everton and Newcastle are still in the hunt for Orlando Engelaar, the Dutch international midfielder. (Sunday Times)

Surprise Surprise - look who else are now after Engelaar.....

SPURS ALL GO FOR ORLANDO

EXCLUSIVE UEFA EURO 2008 Austria-Switzerland

By Dave Kidd

Tottenham will join Everton and Newcastle in the hunt for Holland midfield star Orlando Engelaar.

Engelaar, 28 - dubbed 'the Dutch Pa trick Vieira' - is with Steve McClaren's new club FC Twente and had been expected to join crack German side Schalke after Euro 2008.

But Engelaar's ag ent Eduard Burleson says the player could still be open to a move to the Premier League. Burleson claims Everton and Newcastle have registered an interest in the £5m-rated holding midfielder.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos is also keen and could offload Tom Huddlestone to Everton to make way for 6ft 4in Engelaar (above), who has impressed at the Euros.

Burleson said: "If Schalke does not work, there could be English options."

(From The People)

:rolleyes:

If we tried to but Modric for £15m then for £16m there's no reason why we shouldn't persue Bentley.

Bentley said something along the lines of: "You'd never see me signing for an unstable club like Newcastle" a while back

What?? :lol:

Tbf to James I do remember something along those lines. His main reason for leaving Blackburn is for European football and at the moment we don't have it and I wouldn't be that confident of us getting it any time soon.

Guest sondre

I would agree with bidding for Bentley, it can't hurt, if he says no then we can look at Lennon.

I'm sure Keegan has his targets, and that we will see some lads coming through the door before long.

Why not go for both and play Bentley as AM?