So, Is Ashley Struggling To Shift ST's?

Crumpy Gunt

Not renewing , sat in level 7 , being moved to the corner.

Had to put up the same hopes and dreams year in year out but now thats it.

We seem to have the only billonaire that spends no money.

You, sir, are disgracefully impatient.

Good riddance to anyone who feels they no longer "fancy" going to the match.

Supporting Newcastle isn't a fashion or an alternative to the cinema it's a lifetime decision and commitment.

If they feel that way they should Feck off and follow man U or Chelsea for a season or two before moving on to Real Madrid or another "trendy" club.

They're like the mackems of old, who despite having some great fans, could swing between 20,000 and 40,000 attendances from season to season.

Yes, the club have their part to play but Ashley and Keegan have already shown that things are changing and NUFC will be different from now on, I think they are far more deserving of support than the previous regimes who DID manage to fill the house week in week out.

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they f*** off too? 

Anyone who genuinely can't afford to go, but would like to, deserves absolute sympathy.

Theres no doubt that watching football, like most other things in England,  is expensive in comparison to other countries. But it's like people allegedly not being able to afford food or fuel or other things, and the numbers of people living in supposed poverty in the UK -

There is NO poverty in the UK. There are people who are not as well off as others - but to see real poverty you have to visit other parts of the planet.

People who complain about not being able to heat their houses etc - and sure, rising energy costs affect everyone - should perhaps think about budgeting and even sacrificing some of the non essential luxuries which are almost taken for granted.

For example a season ticket costs approx £500 - that is about a tenner a week - an individual can spend their money in whatever way they wish - but if there is a choice between supporting Newcastle by making the sacrifice of 3 or 4 pints a week, a couple of packets of tabs or a takeaway meal each week, then I know what any TRUE Newcastle fan would choose.

If you want to support Newcastle fine, if you don't want to support Newcastle thats fine too, but I'm not sure the "can't afford to go" argument is a particularly valid one.

how about the cost of going to the match, then for some people time taken off work due to the stupid kick off times that mean's tv fan's are more important than the 1's that go to the matches.

An extra £10 a week builds up especially with food going up average £10 a week, add on to that the cost of petrol and home energy prices

thats an extra £30+ a week that builds up to over £1500 and then I haven't included the extra cost of getting a mortgage now

Fine.  Point taken. No problem.

Enjoy spending your hard earned money on whatever you like and leave SJP to people who want to spend it on supporting Newcastle.

Supporting Newcastle isn't a fashion or an alternative to the cinema it's a lifetime decision and commitment.

If they feel that way they should Feck off and follow man U or Chelsea for a season or two before moving on to Real Madrid or another "trendy" club.

They're like the mackems of old, who despite having some great fans, could swing between 20,000 and 40,000 attendances from season to season.

Yes, the club have their part to play but Ashley and Keegan have already shown that things are changing and NUFC will be different from now on, I think they are far more deserving of support than the previous regimes who DID manage to fill the house week in week out.

Does this include people who genuinely just can't afford to go any more? Should they f*** off too? 

Anyone who genuinely can't afford to go, but would like to, deserves absolute sympathy.

Theres no doubt that watching football, like most other things in England,  is expensive in comparison to other countries. But it's like people allegedly not being able to afford food or fuel or other things, and the numbers of people living in supposed poverty in the UK -

There is NO poverty in the UK. There are people who are not as well off as others - but to see real poverty you have to visit other parts of the planet.

People who complain about not being able to heat their houses etc - and sure, rising energy costs affect everyone - should perhaps think about budgeting and even sacrificing some of the non essential luxuries which are almost taken for granted.

For example a season ticket costs approx £500 - that is about a tenner a week - an individual can spend their money in whatever way they wish - but if there is a choice between supporting Newcastle by making the sacrifice of 3 or 4 pints a week, a couple of packets of tabs or a takeaway meal each week, then I know what any TRUE Newcastle fan would choose.

If you want to support Newcastle fine, if you don't want to support Newcastle thats fine too, but I'm not sure the "can't afford to go" argument is a particularly valid one.

how about the cost of going to the match, then for some people time taken off work due to the stupid kick off times that mean's tv fan's are more important than the 1's that go to the matches.

An extra £10 a week builds up especially with food going up average £10 a week, add on to that the cost of petrol and home energy prices

thats an extra £30+ a week that builds up to over £1500 and then I haven't included the extra cost of getting a mortgage now

Enjoy spending your hard earned money on whatever you like and leave SJP to people who want to spend it on supporting Newcastle.

You sound far too bitter and you've got no right really to question other fan's level of support.

It's been a while since you can use enjoy and watching Newcastle in the same sentence.

"I did enjoy watching Newcastle beat Spurs last season"

"I did enjoy watching Newcastle wipe the floor with Roy Keane's gutless Sunderland team last season"

There you go - two for the price of one !

You sound far too bitter and you've got no right really to question other fan's level of support.

Bitter ?  Maybe after decades supporting Newcastle.

Questioning anyones level of support ?  I must have missed that.

My point is if you want to spend hard earned cash supporting Newcastle - great - if you don't and prefer spending it on something else do so but don't whinge on like you're walking round starving and bare foot and Newcastle are trying to rob you of your last penny.

Guest neesy111

Bitter ?  Maybe after decades supporting Newcastle.

Questioning anyones level of support ?  I must have missed that.

My point is if you want to spend hard earned cash supporting Newcastle - great - if you don't and prefer spending it on something else do so but don't whinge on like you're walking round starving and bare foot and Newcastle are trying to rob you of your last penny.

well your sounding like that if you don't get a season ticket, then your a lesser fan and don't have any right to speak about it on here

people are only saying they can't afford their season tickets which is fair enough, and when you think about it, it's not £10 a week, as people need to find £600+ out of their pockets now

Has anyone who hasnt renewed had the club phoning them up? We received a call of the club yesterday asking us to renew or we would lose our seats when they go on general sale.

My dad and I have decided, after 16 years, not to renew. Varying reasons, my dad is 70  - not exactly in the best of health and didnt want to tie himself to three years without any sort of get out clause.

Similar reasons for me, in the last year I have been made redundant from one job and now earning considerable less that I was a year ago. So to again either tie myself into three years in this present economical climate with no get out clause , or to pay with a 10% increase I decided not to renew.

I may not now - been moved and all my mates that I sit beside have decided not to renew.  Have other mates who sit in the Milburn and have been moved to the 1892 area but they are getting it for 50% of cost and when I asked to get moved there was told that despite me being moved as well, my only option was the 'singing section' and if I wanted to move beside my other mates it would be £990.

Big quandry now, my new seat is isn't as good, will be on my jack jones and I could get to most of the games through my work's corporate seats.

However, not renewing is something I have never contemplated before?

I knocked my season ticket on the head. Wasn't happy about the whole game 39 thing, was less happy with the pay extra or commit for 3 years slant.

I wont miss my old small Grey plastic seat (the sofa at home is far superior). I had given up pre-match drinks for most games, it is post-match I will miss, guess I will be Blue lining or getting a gold number 58 bus to NE1 on weekends for post match messiness.

At least fixtures moves are aimed for my benefit as a SKY/Setanta customer.

Moving the family enclosure & creating a singing section in areas that by choice people wouldn't normally want to sit is fooking genius as well.

I knocked my season ticket on the head. Wasn't happy about the whole game 39 thing, was less happy with the pay extra or commit for 3 years slant.

I wont miss my old small Grey plastic seat (the sofa at home is far superior). I had given up pre-match drinks for most games, it is post-match I will miss, guess I will be Blue lining or getting a gold number 58 bus to NE1 on weekends for post match messiness.

Moving the family enclosure & creating a singing section in areas that by choice people wouldn't normally want to sit is fooking genius as well.

See ya.

Guest neesy111

well they have to sit somewhere though

well they have to sit somewhere though

And putting them in the hard to sell area's makes sense to me.

Heard today on good authority that season ticket sales are down 18% on this time, last year. That's a big drop for the club if true.

I didn't renew at the end of 06/07. Was getting too expensive, and our lass was pregnant at the time (though she subsequently had a miscarriage). Part of me would like to renew, but she's expecting again with the nipper due at the end of Oct. Also, I feel I've become somewhat removed from PL football - it's no longer the game I fell in love with as a kid. Makes me sad to say that.

what???? He's spent 250 million this season!!!

:nope:

Good riddance, we don't need flakey glory hunters like yourself.

So why do you think all these "glory hunters" that "glory hunted" are now deserting the club

Surely the measure of how a company performs is reflected in its audience/income/ticket sales etc

Genuine question ?

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5628/manholdinghisnosebecausoj1.jpg

quite worrying Dave, if the club is selling less tickets, don't you think so ?

I've bought mine though, for the next 3 years.

So why do you think all these "glory hunters" that "glory hunted" are now deserting the club

Surely the measure of how a company performs is reflected in its audience/income/ticket sales etc

Genuine question ?

not nececelary......plenty clubs have been supported poorly after good seasons......blackburn,bolton and boro for example

No surprise to see you hanging around any potentially worrying news like a bad smell, that's all.

I've bought mine for the three years too. Draw.

no potential about it, if its correct.

its the reasons, that we should be concerned about, that are a bad smell though, not 2 people like me and you discussing it. Far better the club realise those reasons and tackle it positively.

Anyway, buying for the 3 years wasn't really an option. If you sit near to me, say hello  :coolsmiley:

Genuine question ?

not nececelary......plenty clubs have been supported poorly after good seasons......blackburn,bolton and boro for example

I don't really consider we should be competing at the financial level of those 3 clubs, its a long time since we did this.