Hallelujah! Fantastic news

Dave

Just calling time on his international career by the sounds of it. Full retirement would be better than any signing.

Agreed (apart from the bit about being better than a signing). I got excited when I read about this in a paper a month or two ago. I then read on and realised he wasn't retiring, it's just there are no more major competitions before he does.

I don't like any of the commentators and I wish you could have the option to watch a match with them turned off. What do they do? Say each players name as they receive the ball, fair enough. Waffle on with boring stories and kiss the arse of whichever team/player they love, not good.

If someone sat next to you at the match and waffled on like commentators do you'd want to kill them.

Fantastic.

Jon Champion is the best around nowadays imo. It would be Pearce but he's got a thoroughly annoying voice.

Motson though; just a jovial prick with favourites and generally just God awful to listen to nowadays.

Guest stankydanky

Sorry but moved from the UK to America awhile back and pretty much any commentator in Britain is miles ahead of ANYONE on the telly over here.  If you get the unfortunate chance of ever hearing Tommy Smyth or Derrick Rae cover a game I suggest switching it over to the spanish broadcast as they actually add more.

ESPN cover the champions league and the EUROS over here.  Andy Gray from Sky has actually been doing some work for them and has made all the others look inferior (which is saying something)

Motson can get a little irritating at times, but noone can argue that there are far worse out there.