BBC or ITV commentary/punditry?

Syrette
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cant believe that I am the only one so far to choose ITV.

I have based my decision on the commentary side of things and I dont like ITV much either but they win over a channel that thinks Mark Lawrenson, Mark Bright, Garth Crooks and that woman are valuable members of their team.

I have based my decision on the commentary side of things and I dont like ITV much either but they win over a channel that thinks Mark Lawrenson, Mark Bright, Garth Crooks and that woman are valuable members of their team.

:lol:

As opposed to David Pleat, Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle and Sam Allardyce?

There proves how difficulit a choice it was but it came down to commentary (I just channel hop at half time to blank them all out) and of them all, I decided Lawrenson and Bright (in particular) boils my piss more than the rest.

Earle and Townsend are okay tbh.

But Clive fucking Tyldseley? He's simply a prick and I've never met the man.

Pleat is as senile as Motson but starts from a lower position. Who the fuck is Martines? Chimbomba?

These 2 get the biggest games and they are by far the most annoying duo. Lawro actually knows his stuff tbh.

"Tottenham, I dare you!"

Fuck off Clive.

There proves how difficulit a choice it was but it came down to commentary (I just channel hop at half time to blank them all out) and of them all, I decided Lawrenson and Bright (in particular) boils my piss more than the rest.

Yeah Bright is extremely pompous but he's not very regular and gets handed the bogey matches.

45 minutes of Tyldesely and Pleat then you get 5 of Allardyce.... this event happens twice per game at ITV. It is unacceptable.

Pleat is as senile as Motson but starts from a lower position. Who the fuck is Martines? Chimbomba?

These 2 get the biggest games and they are by far the most annoying duo. Lawro actually knows his stuff tbh.

"Tottenham, I dare you!"

Fuck off Clive.

Fairly sure that was Drury.

"Tottenham, I dare you!"

Fuck off Clive.

I think it was, aye.

As for Townsend being ok.....tactics truck anyone?

But Clive f***ing Tyldseley? He's simply a prick and I've never met the man.

Pleat is as senile as Motson but starts from a lower position. Who the f*** is Martines? Chimbomba?

"Tottenham, I dare you!"

f*** off Clive.

OK fuck him too.

"Tottenham, I dare you!"

Fuck off Clive.

I think it was, aye.

As for Townsend being ok.....tactics truck anyone?

Harsh, I doubt that was his idea!

I think Townsend is excellent both as a pundit and as a presenter on Talksport.

David Pleat is shocking on the ITV commentaries, in the group stages he kept referring to the Czech republic as the republic of Czechoslovakia and seems to have a shocking background knowledge compared to the BBC lot who seem to know their stuff whereas Pleat just sounds like a disorientated old fart.

Guest Deep456

:lol: Colour? What's the word over there? Gaffers left?

Andy Gray's role during the match is that called a "summariser". Gives the other guy time to catch his breath.

Both are shit.I live in Ireland so I would watch on Rte every time ahead of either!Ray Houghtons a pain the hole but Eamonn Dunphys fucking hillarous

Ray Houghton is the worst commentator to ever walk the earth, it's fucking painful to listen to him.

Never has a good word to say about anyone, ever. It's all bitch, moan, complain about fucking everything. Sickens me that I once shook his hand many years ago in his pre-commentary days.

I switch to ITV/BBC when the game kicks off then back to RTE for the punditry, which is legendary.

I like having radio commentry with the football, 5live team are fantastic, some great commentators on there. It's often a bit behind which is a bit of an arse though.

Why do 5live feel the need to swap commentators during a game?  I've never understood this.

Radio commentating is a lot more taxing than TV commentating, as you don't have pictures to tell the story. That's their excuse anyway!

Guest Phil K

Andy Gray is the best Color commentator you guys have, right? He's been consistently great for the entire month over here.

He's white.

And fair-haired.

And Scottish.

Both are s***.I live in Ireland so I would watch on Rte every time ahead of either!Ray Houghtons a pain the hole but Eamonn Dunphys f***ing hillarous

Who commentates on the Prem on RTE ?

"The magic of Anfield once again."

f*** off Clive.

Most magic acts don't need success BEFORE they produce.

Guest WalkervilleMag

cannot stand the commentator on ITV , who screams down the microphone at even the slightest of chances ..... TORESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ,  Shut up fool.

Peter Druery + Jim Beglin are pretty decent.

Worst commentator out there imo. I cannot stand him, every time he makes a point about a player he uses this patronising tone that makes him sound like a complete tosser. Whiny, whinging twat.