Newcastle United................present tense.

Incognito

Guest MaetihS

its not so much we have not made signings yet. more like it seems we are not going to make any signings that are going to have an immediate impact on our playing squad significantly i.e quality players.

You need to speculate to accumulate.

All you'd accumulate is high expectations.

I understand what you are trying to say however know that with Mike Ashley's billions, we do not want to be another Chelsea.

But then again, not spending much will not do much either.

I want so much for us to be the next Chelsea. Its looming larger and larger that we will not get near Champ League in our lifetime. i want so much to have some silverware or get into the Champ League before the next 10 years but does not look like happening, more like end of many of our lifetimes optimistically. i dunno about you guys but i want us to be the next Chelsea.

Can someone please ban this guy?

I swear he's a Mackem supporter.

its not so much we have not made signings yet. more like it seems we are not going to make any signings that are going to have an immediate impact on our playing squad significantly i.e quality players.

Going by your very own logic, how will we get them?

We're a shit team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

No good players will sign for us.

Right?

Guest MaetihS

I understand what you are trying to say however know that with Mike Ashley's billions, we do not want to be another Chelsea.

I want so much for us to be the next Chelsea. Its looming larger and larger that we will not get near Champ League in our lifetime. i want so much to have some silverware or get into the Champ League before the next 10 years but does not look like happening, more like end of many of our lifetimes optimistically. i dunno about you guys but i want us to be the next Chelsea.

Can someone please ban this guy?

I swear he's a Mackem supporter.

huh?? why? just because i want us to be the next Chelsea.

Guest MaetihS

We're a s*** team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

Right?

That's why it is so worrying. unless we pay the players megabucks.... thats y I say the best we can hope is that the "not-so-exciting players" we signed turned out to Arsene Wenger quality type of signings.

We're a s*** team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

Right?

That's why it is so worrying. unless we pay the players megabucks.... thats y I say the best we can hope is that the "not-so-exciting players" we signed turned out to Arsene Wenger quality type of signings.

And then you say you want us to be the next Chelsea.

We can't attract the calibre of players they do, and I'd prefer not to pay them all 150kpw, because quite simply, those kinds of players are only playing for the money, and I'd rather not have them.

You're contradicting yourself something chronic here.

Let me put it this way.

Completed Premiership Signings as of 06/30/2008

Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey

Bolton: Johan Elmander

Chelsea: Bosingwa

Fulham: Andranik Teymourian

Liverpool: Phillip Degen

Portsmouth: Glen Little

Tottenham: Luca Modric, Giovani Dos Santos

Dear God, we're one of the of the 13 clubs who haven't made a transfer yet!  :frantic:

Down with the new board! To think, we could have signed Glen fucking Little by now.  :angry:

Exactly this

Let me put it this way.

Completed Premiership Signings as of 06/30/2008

Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey

Bolton: Johan Elmander

Chelsea: Bosingwa

Fulham: Andranik Teymourian

Liverpool: Phillip Degen

Portsmouth: Glen Little

Tottenham: Luca Modric, Giovani Dos Santos

Dear God, we're one of the of the 13 clubs who haven't made a transfer yet!  :frantic:

Down with the new board! To think, we could have signed Glen fucking Little by now.  :angry:

Exactly this

Not sure it is accurate to use this kind of thing as an indicator tbh. Top 4 for instance already have world class squads.

We will sign talented young and hungry players that want to be here and who we don't have to entice with over the top salaries and they will perform very well for us and we will be awesome this coming season.

I'm looking forward to the signings as much as anyone else, but I admire the clubs patient approach and refusal to be taken advantage of. Some idiots harp on about how great Tottenham are at the moment but is this not the formula they have been using for years? We finally put something similar in place and idiots are moaning in June.

Get your freakin' heads checked.

you fickle bastards, how about having some patience eh

Thats what I was thinking.

Is our first league match this week or something ?

Apparently the league started a month ago and we are bottom of the table with no wins out of four.

Keegan out!

you fickle bastards, how about having some patience eh

Thats what I was thinking.

Is our first league match this week or something ?

Apparently the league started a month ago and we are bottom of the table with no wins out of four.

Keegan out!

And the mackems have made a really good start with one point from four games.

To reward this Roy Keen is to be given the freedom of Wearside - correction they're actually going to GIVE him Wearside - assuming Real Madrid don't tempt him to be their new coach.

We bought loads of players in very quickly last season at the then manager's recommendation. Only2 out of the 7 really turned out to be worthwhile, and Geremi's OK. Have some hindsight man. OK it' frustrating that there's more talk of selling players and cutting wages than us going for players, but did you ever think that these money-saving measures would be to free up a few more funds to transfers as well as putting back on a decent budget? I would doubt, considering his investment and paying off Shepherd's debts, that Ashley is going to not allow us to sign anybody. We clearly will move when we consider it necessary - tried for Modric, which came out of the blue because, thank God, gone are the days of Shepherd telling the press who were are going for before it's done - and it's no bad thing signing up young talent for the future. We all agree that we need immediate first-team players, but there's a lot of pressing stuff that needs to be sorted out first. Let Keegan have a sit down, evaluation, chat with everyone about who he wants/who they have targeted and we'll move from there. If we don't sign anybody before the start of the season I will eat my laptop. You can hold me to that.

On the other hand though, it's actually nice to see that we might actually be the "selling club" for once. Can't seem to recall that we have made that much money on our players recent years (except Woodgate and Dyer, last one to some extent if you don't consider his wages over the years) there may be someone I've left out, but for the most part we've been buying for silly money and selling for nothing in comparison. Majority has actually been released...

Guest MaetihS

We're a s*** team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

Right?

We can't attract the calibre of players they do, and I'd prefer not to pay them all 150kpw, because quite simply, those kinds of players are only playing for the money, and I'd rather not have them.

want to be chelsea in terms of spending big and win something. yes we may not attract big names so i was saying to lure them with money. no contradiction here. cos now, without the money factor  and paying them loads, we are unable to attract these stars. i really do not mind paying some quality players like 150k pw and we win the league....really do not mind being the next chelsea.

We're a s*** team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

Right?

want to be chelsea in terms of spending big and win something. yes we may not attract big names so i was saying to lure them with money. no contradiction here. cos now, without the money factor  and paying them loads, we are unable to attract these stars. i really do not mind paying some quality players like 150k pw and we win the league....really do not mind being the next chelsea.

How naive are you?

Albert Luque, he was a star wasn't he?

No, he wasn't, and do you know why not? Because he was only interested in the money.

They've got to want to play for the club, otherwise they'll be no good and we'll be wasting our money.

Guest MaetihS

We're a s*** team.

We're no good.

We're not in Europe.

Right?

How naive are you?

Albert Luque, he was a star wasn't he?

No, he wasn't, and do you know why not? Because he was only interested in the money.

They've got to want to play for the club, otherwise they'll be no good and we'll be wasting our money.

Yes. may be naive. I guess this is the result of me being starved of success and worse now, even starved of a decent team to be proud. aside from martins and owen, i would readily ship the rest out. i would do anything for us to be good again even having a first 11 full of money-grabbers but can win us games. luque is mistake but other big signings like Shearer, Sir Les and others have worked well. i guess if the record is for every 5 drogbas we get 2 luques, i really do not mind if we win the league with this. of course, i know this is impossible as we are no longer rich so to speak, at least mike ashley is not willing to splash the cash. in many ways, our purchasing power has declined while others like man city and pompey seemed to increase...hiaz.....too upsetting to continue. sorry just cannot see a light at the end of tunnel both off-field and on-field.

I can't believe you said that, I find it hard to imagine any true fan wanting their team to be like Chelsea tbh. 

Yes, Newcastle fans want to see their team in the CL just as I want to see Spurs in the CL.  But do you want Newcastle to earn the right to play there or buy it?  Of course money has to be spent, that almost goes without saying, but paying half the team £100k+ pw or buying players to stop them moving to a rival (e.g. SWP) isn't the answer.  I wouldn't want that for Spurs and a lot of Chelsea fans who supported them long before Abramovich turned up think the same as well. 

If and when Spurs get into the CL, I want to feel pride for the achievement, just like Newcastle fans did a decade or so ago, not because our wallet is bigger than someone else's.

If and when Spurs get into the CL, I want to feel pride for the achievement, just like Newcastle fans did a decade or so ago, not because our wallet is bigger than someone else's.

Hey look. I found a table where Spurs are already in the CL places

http://www.purelymancity.com/wp-content/5yearspendingcomparison.jpg