What's going on?

Parky

WHAT’S GOIN’ON?

"Monday 30th June 2008

Right, Chris Mort has stood down as Chairman and Derek Llambias has taken over as Managing Director. Mike Ashley is said to be taking a more “hands on” approach with transfers but there is absolutely no public statement from Newcastle United, no press conference, no communication, no statement about transfer policy … fuck all … the absence of visible leadership at the top of Newcastle United leaves a lot to be desired. Who is the leader at Newcastle United? Who is in charge? Who is saying this is where we’re going, follow me?

Why is Kevin Keegan so quiet? Why has he said nothing since his pronouncement at the end of last season that we’re going nowhere? Isn’t that the sum total of what he said to us?

We don’t want Shepherd-style slack-jawed drivel but we do want communication. But... "

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/html/tbawe.htm

Was just going to post something identical to this.

Some communication would definetly be nice. We don't want Keegan or Wise to come out and name the players were after but it would be nice to hear something about how the club is getting on e.g things are going well, we'll probobly have 1 in in the next 2 weeks etc.

As for Ashley it would be very nice if he could give an interview to the main site stating his intentions and his future vision to the club rather than (apparently) giving his only interview ot the NOTW and leaving the fans unsure if it's legit or not.

Club is being quiet for once, I'm more than happy with that. If come the start of the season we have signed nobody that's a different matter but until then I can cope with silence it makes a pleasant change than having the whole world know our business before it's done.

Club is being quiet for once, I'm more than happy with that. If come the start of the season we have signed nobody that's a different matter but until then I can cope with silence it makes a pleasant change than having the whole world know our business before it's done.

More or less my thoughts. There does seem to be an eerie silence from KK though. Thought there would be some PR when he 'got back to his desk'.  :-X

But I don't remember KK ever going and talking to the press until the deals were done. Granted the deals were usually done quickly but still he usually signed a group of players then took them all to the press. We have nobody signed therefore he has nothing to talk about, seems a waste of his time talking to the chronicle and such like when he's busy sorting transfers and training for the new year.

More or less my thoughts. There does seem to be an eerie silence from KK though. Thought there would be some PR when he 'got back to his desk'.  :-X

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/28/kk-busy-on-the-phone-completely-madeup-article-72703-21166888/

But Keegan told me yesterday that I was hogging up the phone line and hung up. Further attempts to phone back were met with a busy tone.

Is this relevant in some way?

Keegan is quiet because he is busy.

It's just an article with quotes from Hottiger isn't it?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/28/kk-busy-on-the-phone-completely-madeup-article-72703-21166888/

But Keegan told me yesterday that I was hogging up the phone line and hung up. Further attempts to phone back were met with a busy tone.

Read the link:

kk-busy-on-the-phone-completely-madeup-article

???

Read the link:

kk-busy-on-the-phone-completely-madeup-article

???

Oh.

It makes a refreshing change that we are being quiet but it would be nice to hear something from Keegan we havent heard anything from anyone since the end of the season.

Maybe the silence is just that there is simply nothing happening.

It makes a refreshing change that we are being quiet but it would be nice to hear something from Keegan we havent heard anything from anyone since the end of the season.

Maybe the silence is just that there is simply nothing happening.

Or too much is happening

Guest Teed

In his Range Rover!!!!....... :yikes:

if they come out and say "we are working to get in the quality we think we need,we are looking,we are talking,we are working on things"

the reply on here will be "heard it all before,it's easy to say that,lets see some signings".

better off saying nowt IMO.

Guest reefatoon

It's a shame really.

I think this all draws from Keegan's words after the Chelsea defeat at the end of the season.  The feel good factor was reeturning then Keegan said what he did leaving people feeling a little deflated, which has stretched through the summer since we have not signed anyone etc.

Personally i think if he hadn't said what he said then we would be a lot happier and much more patient with the season coming up.

I just think those comments put a bit of a downer on things.

Love the bloke but starting to wish he hadn't said it.

It's a shame really.

I think this all draws from Keegan's words after the Chelsea defeat at the end of the season.  The feel good factor was reeturning then Keegan said what he did leaving people feeling a little deflated, which has stretched through the summer since we have not signed anyone etc.

Personally i think if he hadn't said what he said then we would be a lot happier and much more patient with the season coming up.

I found it quite a strange article. Almost like it's trying to spread uncertainty.  :-X

Guest Heneage

Its funny the World Soccer Daily Podcast went "Oh Mort steps down wheels falling off at Toon Town again."

I thought, we knew IN JANUARY he would stpe down to go see his family in London.

It's a shame really.

I found it quite a strange article. Almost like it's trying to spread uncertainty.  :-X

The uncertainty was alread there

It's a shame really.

True.

Maybe it is a shot across the bows cause they want more communication from the club?

It's a shame really.

True.

Maybe it is a shot across the bows cause they want more communication from the club?

Yes and i think everyone is a bit anxious seeing players leave a squad that was already to small with no one bought in.

However i hope and expect that to change.

The club can't win really. We saw when Keegan made those relatively innocent comments how the media twisted it into 'crisis talks' etc. Now they're saying nothing and the media are fabricating a crisis because they have nothing to go on.

Heart would love some confirmation of plans, but head says keep quiet and do our own thing.

As others have pointed out, we all complained at the previous lot's false promises of signings and stuff just before renewal time, and here we are complaining that those things have stopped. :nope:

If nothing's happened in a couple of weeks I'll start getting concerned. Until then, just let them get on with it.