The 'I was completely wrong' thread

Dave

I thought the club were doing fuck all because the papers weren't making much up about us.

In fact we've not been linked to this Argie at all, so we can't have signed him. .cock must be wrong.

Also, he's an Argentinian international apparently. We can't sign players of that calibre.

I thought the club were doing fuck all because the papers weren't making much up about us.

In fact we've not been linked to this Argie at all, so we can't have signed him. .cock must be wrong.

Also, he's an Argentinian international apparently. We can't sign players of that calibre.

You know full well this thread will get bumped if he turns out to be rubbish. What point are you trying to make? That the club have signed a player most of you haven't heard of, so people should change their minds on whether the board are doing a good job or not?

You just looking for an argument with NE5? ;)

Guest Robert 32

I thought the club were doing f*** all because the papers weren't making much up about us.

At least you can admit the errors of your ways.

You know full well this thread will get bumped if he turns out to be rubbish. What point are you trying to make? That the club have signed a player most of you haven't heard of, so people should change their minds on whether the board are doing a good job or not?

The point's not whether he's any good or not, nor is it anything to do with NE5.

I just wanted to let off some steam (Bennett) at the mongs who've been whinging like little girls since the season ended that we weren't doing anything - purely because there wasn't much in the papers.

We ARE doing things behind the scenes, we CAN sign players without the media picking up on it.

Have some faith. :thup:

:lol:

There's one person in particular that should make a special appearance in this thread, I won't mention his name, as well all know who it is.....

The point's not whether he's any good or not, nor is it anything to do with NE5.

I just wanted to let off some steam (Bennett) at the mongs who've been whinging like little girls since the season ended that we weren't doing anything - purely because there wasn't much in the papers.

We ARE doing things behind the scenes, we CAN sign players without the media picking up on it.

Have some faith. :thup:

Let off steam? :D

Chill dude!

Fair play to Dave tbh.

It's so annoying and frustrating when you patiently wait for something to happen with no evidence that things have gone tits up, but people continuously speculate that things have gone wrong and constantly harp on about this being the case. You are given a hard time for being patient and choosing to have some faith in the club and are labelled as being naive.

Well if we do make some promising signings, which is exactly what today's is, then I see no reason why certain people shouldn't be given a hard time also. Why should they get off scott free?

There will be more of these to come and people will look very silly. So yes, repent of your foolish ways in here and cease from being so pessimistic doom mongers for freaks sake.

Keegan sounds really unhappy in those quotes btw. Must have been a signing above his head. Or a Shearer signing! :rolleyes:

Fucking delighted the press have proved they haven't got the foggiest about what we're doing. :D

Where's shitteam btw?

Can we change the thread title to be a more accurate

"The 'one signing I know nothing about gives me free license to gloat' thread"

Way to miss the point. :thup:

Can we change the thread title to be a more accurate

"The 'one Argentine international wall climbing, web slinging, web swinging signing gives me free license to gloat because bitches been moaning about us not doing shite and the owner being shite' thread"

FYP

dave, don't kick off man 'cause i'm all for this transfer both in the way it's been done and the contractual/scouting side of it

BUT, i really think you should have waited with this thread until we've spent the 18m+ modric money, would have had much more credence

anyway, howay the signings!!

I was beginning to get jittery in all honesty, this has come at a very good time to pacify the nerves somewhat.

I never thought we'd be "doing nothing", though, more worried about the Wise/Keegan stuff, Ashley's intentions and the attractiveness of the club at the minute.

Let's hope all of that has been nowt but hot air and ironically a smokescreen for some proper graft behind the scenes that will see us make more signings of this nature.

dave, don't kick off man 'cause i'm all for this transfer both in the way it's been done and the contractual/scouting side of it

BUT, i really think you should have waited with this thread until we've spent the 18m+ modric money, would have had much more credence

Again, it's nothing to do with the player himself - I know nowt about him and won't disguise that.

I'm just glad we have proved we can do our thing without making a song and dance about it, as you say. Hopefully he'll be a good buy. :nods:

Again, it's nothing to do with the player himself - I know nowt about him and won't disguise that.

I'm just glad we have proved we can do our thing without making a song and dance about it, as you say. Hopefully he'll be a good buy. :nods:

So what's to admit being wrong about? Has anyone claimed that it's impossible to sign players on the quiet, and that we wouldn't?

Keegan sounds really unhappy in those quotes btw. Must have been a signing above his head. Or a Shearer signing! :rolleyes:

Fucking delighted the press have proved they haven't got the foggiest about what we're doing. :D

Where's shitteam btw?

They're about 14 miles down the road.