Ashley looking for investors, not buyers

Guest Daishi

Mike Ashley does have the cash, but bought the club thinking the debt was far less than it was. Considering he spent £100million of his own money to clear the clubs debts, u would call it an expensive seat to sit in.

Also if he was planning to spend the money on players rather than the clubs debt, we would be challenging this season, but because of his out lay on addressing the clubs debts he feels he would like an investor to share some of the financial burden for player transfers because he won't make any profit from the club.

So are you saying that we should accept little to no investment in the playing staff because Ashley screwed up his due diligence process ?

I'd like to know what Ashley is thinking of offering these sought after investors for their cash. It's a bit worrying when our Billionairre owner is looking for other people to start giving up their money for his club. What if they don't?

Mike Ashley does have the cash, but bought the club thinking the debt was far less than it was. Considering he spent £100million of his own money to clear the clubs debts, u would call it an expensive seat to sit in.

Also if he was planning to spend the money on players rather than the clubs debt, we would be challenging this season, but because of his out lay on addressing the clubs debts he feels he would like an investor to share some of the financial burden for player transfers because he won't make any profit from the club.

So are you saying that we should accept little to no investment in the playing staff because Ashley screwed up his due diligence process ?

Because that is nailed on to happen isn't it.

But, why would he speak to a L O C A L evening rag in London??

Compared to the Ronnie, the Standard is a major newspaper.

It is major because it is London's major  evening paper (giving it canny bit clout) but the Chron is one of best selling local evening newspapers & unlike some major cities it still has such a demand that "free lite" editions are not getting dished out which is the case in a lot of major UK cities.

Mike Ashley saying he is looking for investors would have been a lot less worrying if he'd said it some time after we had brought in the players we desperately need for the first team squad. Now everyone will be worrying about our spending until we get those players (if we do).

I loathe the Evening Standard, it is just the Daily Mail in a different skin.

However, London is one of 3 or 4 global megacities, and as such, a London newspaper can be every bit as important as a national newspaper.

There's no point comparing it with the Chronicle or similar.

Sanity at last.

Having lived down there for many years, I know EXACTLY what their local rag is like.  It is a local rag, and no matter which "locality" it serves (and you guys seem to think that makes a difference . . . ) it is still just that - a local rag.

No, it is more than that - it is one of the worst (most boring) local rags I have seen anywhere.

I know that it is fashionable on here to 'knock' the Evening Chronicle - but believe me (or don't!) but most local papers are FAR worse than the Chronicle.  

The Newcastle Evening Chronicle is a success.  It is well liked (loved even) by many, and it serves a duel role as a Newcastle paper and as the only regional (Evening) paper for North Eastern England. (IE, it covers the entire region).

It also sells a lot of copies (which would not happen if it was not liked).

It is, as you say, indeed a direct contrast to the London Evening Standard.

Sense at last!!! You won't last long here my friend :)

Sense at last!!! You won't last long here my friend :)

It's bollocks actually.

Firstly, the debt was around £70m.

Secondly, if it was more than he expected then we're talking around £10m or so more at most.

Thirdly, if he couldn't afford to cover the debt himself, http://www.oceanfinance.co.uk

However, London is one of 3 or 4 global megacities, and as such, a London newspaper can be every bit as important as a national newspaper.

Sanity at last.

Having lived down there for many years, I know EXACTLY what their local rag is like.  It is a local rag, and no matter which "locality" it serves (and you guys seem to think that makes a difference . . . ) it is still just that - a local rag.

No, it is more than that - it is one of the worst (most boring) local rags I have seen anywhere.

I know that it is fashionable on here to 'knock' the Evening Chronicle - but believe me (or don't!) but most local papers are FAR worse than the Chronicle.  

The Newcastle Evening Chronicle is a success.  It is well liked (loved even) by many, and it serves a duel role as a Newcastle paper and as the only regional (Evening) paper for North Eastern England. (IE, it covers the entire region).

Gosh your blowing our minds with you local London knowledge.

Sanity at last.

:lol:

Its the Daily Mail Groups agenda anyway.

Guest sicko2ndbest

more in depth in the times Hates spurs

Mike Ashley wants to share financial loadKaveh Solhekol, Steve Hawkes

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United chairman, has laughed off claims that he is ready to sell the club to the Saudi Binladin Group, which is headed by Bakr bin Laden, the half-brother of Osama bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader. He did admit, though, that he cannot afford to bring the good times back to the club on his own.

“I'm not looking for a Newcastle shareholder in a cave in Afghanistan,” Ashley said. “It's not as if I'm going to go and see Bin [Laden] in a cave in Afghanistan. No doubt when I'm in South America next week, it will be Fidel Castro.”

The Saudi Binladin Group, a construction company based in the Middle East, was said last week to be preparing a £300 million offer for the club. InterMedia Partners equity fund, based in Manhattan, New York, was also said to have been sounded out regarding its willingness to buy out Ashley. “There is absolutely no truth in the rumours of an outright sale,” Ashley said yesterday.

Despite being the 54th-richest man in the United Kingdom, with a fortune of about £1.4 billion, according to the Sunday Times Rich List, Ashley wants to follow the example of Queens Park Rangers, where three of the richest men in England - Flavio Briatore, Bernie Ecclestone and Lakshmi Mittal - have joined forces with a view to transforming the fortunes of the Coca-Cola Championship club.

“The QPR model looks very interesting,” Ashley said. “It's something that Newcastle needs to look at. It's got to be able to compete. Newcastle is not something you make a profit on, you have to enjoy and love it. If we had some multibillionaire that wanted a stake in Newcastle, it will help, but sell the club? It's not the same answer.”

Ashley, who bought the club 14 months ago for £137 million, also denied rumours that he is a Tottenham Hotspur supporter. “It's not true,” he said. “I absolutely hate Spurs and always have done.”

He was speaking out after Sports Direct, the sports retailer that he founded, reported that profits for the year to April had halved after a drop in sales attributed in part to poor weather last summer and England's failure to qualify for the European Championship finals.

Joey Barton is expected to spend up to one more month in prison after being denied early release with an electronic tag. The 25-year-old midfield player had hoped to join in pre-season training with Kevin Keegan's squad, but may not be available until the final days of preparations, so he is unlikely to be ready for the start of the Barclays Premier League campaign on August 16.

Barton's future remains in the balance after he was imprisoned for six months for assault and affray and also given a four-month suspended sentence for attacking Ousmane Dabo, his former Manchester City team-mate. Newcastle have confirmed that they will hold talks with Willie McKay, Barton's agent, when the player is released from prison.

Sanity at last.

Thank You Parky, I normally only blow women's minds with my local knowledge . . .

I have escaped from the sh*th*le some years ago though and am now living in civilisation.