Simon Jordan....

Thespence

Bit unfair on Mrs Rooney like.

Why?

“The more I watch this ‘Planet Football’ and see the back pages dominate the front pages and people like Coleen McLoughlin - who is just a plain little girl from Liverpool - set up as role models, I think to myself: ‘What the hell is going on?’

Sounds more like a dig at "journalism" than at her specifically. Besides, what has she done that warrants her being made some sort of role model?

Don't think I'm going to get into a discussion about the merits of her :lol:

However, there are far better candidates to have a go at.

Has Simon Jordan perhaps singled her out because of who she's married to?

There's an irony there somewhere, as well as the irony of some orange faced twat of a chairman of some second rate London club seeing himself as a person /celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others. Wonder what Bristol City's chairman thinks of Steven Gerrard's wife, or what Doncasters chairman thinks of Danielle Lloyd?

Show me where Jordan says/shows that he is 'a person/celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others'.

He's just speaking his mind, and I agree with everything he's said. All his points are valid; and they're not contingent on who he is or what he does. The points would still remain valid even if he was a nobody posting on an internet forum ;)

Why?

“The more I watch this ‘Planet Football’ and see the back pages dominate the front pages and people like Coleen McLoughlin - who is just a plain little girl from Liverpool - set up as role models, I think to myself: ‘What the hell is going on?’

Sounds more like a dig at "journalism" than at her specifically. Besides, what has she done that warrants her being made some sort of role model?

There's an irony there somewhere, as well as the irony of some orange faced twat of a chairman of some second rate London club seeing himself as a person /celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others.  Wonder what Bristol City's chairman thinks of Steven Gerrard's wife, or what Doncasters chairman thinks of Danielle Lloyd?

Show me where Jordan says/shows that he is 'a person/celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others'.

He's just speaking his mind, and I agree with everything he's said. All his points are valid; and they're not contingent on who he is or what he does. The points would still remain valid even if he was a nobody posting on an internet forum ;)

Its exactly what he's doing.  ???

Whether you agree or disagree with him surely you can see that he is being critical of people by doing the article.  The self-styled saviour of the normal fan etc. has always held himself out to be a celebrity chairman.  See his television appearances or just google some articles on him.  It doesn't take much doing.

The whole thing is based around "Jordan is getting out of football because....."  otherwise his opinions wouldn't be in the national press.  I also doubt very much whether he did the article for free, so the comparison with a football forum is a non starter IMO.

Here's some opinion on him from Palace fans to get you started

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=79245&page=1

Clearly a mixed bag, but some of it is eye opening, the further through you get.

I agree with a lot of what the man has to say tbh.

So do I - the whole ridiculous charade is out of control, and it won't be long before the Economic downturn starts affecting many clubs, possibly bringing the whole edifice back to the real world ; and not before time.

Hard times coming for many clubs as fans find it harder & harder to pay to support them.

Just wait until unemployment really starts to rise next year - and it WILL.

So do I - the whole ridiculous charade is out of control, and it won't be long before the Economic downturn starts affecting many clubs, possibly bringing the whole edifice back to the real world ; and not before time.

Hard times coming for many clubs as fans find it harder & harder to pay to support them.

Probably the real reason why he's planning on getting out ;)

Probably the real reason why he's planning on getting out ;)

And people say that Mike Ashley would never think of doing the same here. ;)

Guest LucaAltieri

If there is mass unemployment, football is fucked, in its current state.

Nah, where does the money come from?

Sky, merchandise (in various markets), etc. Plus the type of people going to the matches aren't generally hard-up anyway. The ticket prices are that bad that the people who can afford to go now aren't likely to be the people who are at risk of losing their job.

Even if they did, people will still pay for sky (have you seen a council estate without a sky dish? I haven't ever). Asia will keep buying shirts. The money will still be there.

Guest LucaAltieri

Well, that I wouldn't know. But I'd hazard a guess and say its a decent enough %age of them.

Guest Badhead

He's absurdly vain. Horrible post-yuppie self-loving bigmouthed cockney tosspot.

I agree with the 'scattergun' comment. And what's he saying? Footballers are spoilt, agents are twats, the game's riddled with money and greed etc etc. Well fuck me pink who'd have thought it eh? Yawn.

Just been reading this in the paper, to be hoenst I agree with most of it.  Hit the nail on the head in some places.

Think perhaps his comments about Platini were about off the mark, but the stuff about Lampard, agents, C.Ronaldo etc. bang on.

Why?

There's an irony there somewhere, as well as the irony of some orange faced t*** of a chairman of some second rate London club seeing himself as a person /celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others.  Wonder what Bristol City's chairman thinks of Steven Gerrard's wife, or what Doncasters chairman thinks of Danielle Lloyd?

my bet would be "Phwaaarrr...hubba hubba....wouldn't mind having a go on that"

pretty much the same as Simon Jordan then

Why?

There's an irony there somewhere, as well as the irony of some orange faced t*** of a chairman of some second rate London club seeing himself as a person /celebrity chairman in a position to be critical of others.  Wonder what Bristol City's chairman thinks of Steven Gerrard's wife, or what Doncasters chairman thinks of Danielle Lloyd?

nah....no-one would want a go on simon jordan.

Why?

The more I watch this Planet Football and see the back pages dominate the front pages and people like Coleen McLoughlin - who is just a plain little girl from Liverpool - set up as role models, I think to myself: What the hell is going on?

nah....no-one would want a go on simon jordan.

Danielle Lloyd probably would/has.

Guest diddimz

Have to admit i agree with all of what he says there, for a chairman he seems to have some idea of what hes talking about.

There's some sense in there, but it's also a bit naive. Example - “If an agent does a good job for me then I will pay him - but I don’t deal with players’ agents or agents employed by other clubs.” Ummm...

His comments are also a bit personal. He over-steps the mark between criticism and abuse.

There's some sense in there, but it's also a bit naive. Example - “If an agent does a good job for me then I will pay him - but I don’t deal with players’ agents or agents employed by other clubs.” Ummm...

His comments are also a bit personal. He over-steps the mark between criticism and abuse.

You know he probably didnt say it in the order its reported, or say it in exactly those terms, or even in the exact words used in the article.

Its called journalism.