Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Newcastle Utd - 26/07/08 - post-match reaction from page 7

kirkwdavis2001

Reunion of f***ing Hull away last year in pre-season that like, what a w*** performance!

Jesus christ, I remember that. The performance of Pattison in that game made me want to cry.

Guest washeymag

46 was one of our best players today in a very poor performance good bannter with the locals after the game

Jesus enjoyed his 5 mins of fame

anybody got any footage of the 46 singing

'Who the fuck is 46?'

'He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where, 46, 46'

'Sign him up, sign him up'

'Walking along, singing a song, walking in a 46 wonderland'

'46 scores, we're on the pitch'

Also the ones about him being twice the player Shola (wearing 23) is.

All class.

Everything else? Absolute shite.

Just got back from the match.

Bassong (or number 46 as we all affectionately knew him as) was ok, didn't panic on the ball and looked fairly calm. I'd hardly call him prolific though. Based on this match I reckon he might be worth a punt. Guthrie wasn't as good as he was coming on at Hartlepool but made some fairly nice passes of the ball.

A lot of justified banter gets thrown towards Shola, but at least he attempted to have a bit of a go today in his own bumbling way. Alan Smith is a fucking disgrace. As a mag behind me said, he's got no instinct.

For the Krul fans, he made one or two half decent saves.

Overall we played pretty poor, but half lpatches in their half and stringing passes together. Our lack of goal threat and poor crosses from Duff and Geremi all afternoon highlighted our need for ammunition for the strikers.

Not really important tbh

On a seperate note, and I apologise if it's been asked, where was Milner?

It has been asked by me, but no-one answered.  :laugh:

Presuming he's got a knock and KK is being careful.

Had his wisdom teeth out!

I know we are short of players but what does Alan Smith do behind close doors that gets him a reprieve from being shown the door???

He's beyond bad..he really is, heard alot of promising stuff about Donaldson, why not give him a chance.

I know we are short of players but what does Alan Smith do behind close doors that gets him a reprieve from being shown the door???

Someone has to be willing to buy him at the end of the day. No Premiership club would entertain the idea and no-one else could afford the ridiculous wages he's on for someone who can barely kick a football.

Has Smith really been this bad? :lol:  Can someone give me the actual lowdown?

Beggars belief. What a clown. :lol:

I can recollect two attempts on goal. A free header that sailed wide (didn't even have to jump) and another that was so non-descript I can't remember it. Other than that he took up his usual nothing position for the full 90mins and offered no goal threat whatsoever.

Generally made Shola look world class. And Shola was fucking rubbish.

PS - N'Zogbia was crap again today. Slipped over about 100 times first half and despite a couple of decent runs second half he just whacked it into the side netting from tight angles every time. I gave Smith some verbal abuse for having the temerity to complain about not being passing to though. Why would he want to pass to you? Cheeky cunt.

PS - N'Zogbia was crap again today. Slipped over about 100 times first half and despite a couple of decent runs second half he just whacked it into the side netting from tight angles every time. I gave Smith some verbal abuse for having the temerity to complain about not being passing to though. Why would he want to pass to you? Cheeky c***.

Your such a bitch Dave!

PS - N'Zogbia was crap again today. Slipped over about 100 times first half and despite a couple of decent runs second half he just whacked it into the side netting from tight angles every time. I gave Smith some verbal abuse for having the temerity to complain about not being passing to though. Why would he want to pass to you? Cheeky c***.

Your such a bitch Dave!

Quite.

PS - N'Zogbia was crap again today. Slipped over about 100 times first half and despite a couple of decent runs second half he just whacked it into the side netting from tight angles every time. I gave Smith some verbal abuse for having the temerity to complain about not being passing to though. Why would he want to pass to you? Cheeky cunt.

Obviously didn't have the same effect as my confidence boosting encouragement of Damien Duff at Victoria Park. :smug:

Right, these are my player ratings based on the nufc.co.uk updates:

Harper 6

Taylor 5

Cacapa 5

Bassong 9

Enrique 2

Duff 5

Geremi 5

Guthrie 8

N'Zogbia 9

Smith 6

Ameobi 7

You/.co.uk are generous tbh, unless im harsh but heres my ratings from being there point of view:

Harper - 5 - nout to do

Taylor - 5 - didnt look settled all match

Bassong - 8 - M.o.t.m, looked quite good for most of the match

Cacapa - 7 - had his moments but was a rock for most of the match

Enrique - 4 - first half i thought he was decent getting forward, abysmal for there goal! school-boy mistake ffs

Duff - 4 - abysmal, still the same shit player. forget last weekend

Guthrie - 7 - looked pretty good, make some excellent passes

N'Zogbia - 4 - dissapointing

Smith - fuck off, you dont deserve a rating

Shola - same goes for you, tosser

Guest sicko2ndbest

We were shite. Doncaster kept the ball as well as we did. Neither team had a cutting edge, which says a lot about our midfield/Forwards.

Smiths header second half unchallenged was from 7 yards and he missed the target by 3 yards?

Our closest 2 attempts would have been OGs

That said we were missing

.......................Given........................

Beye.........Faye.........Taylor (as he played RB today).......

...........Butt............Barton.............................................

Martins........Viduka................Owen

Puts it into context really

That said we were missing

.......................Given........................

Beye.........Faye.........Taylor (as he played RB today).......

...........Butt............Barton.............................................

Martins........Viduka................Owen

Puts it into context really

As things stand too many of those today will be in and around the first team next season.

Everyone knows I'm very much in the 'stay patient' camp, but seeing that team/squad today has really shown how fucked we are with three or four players missing. It says a lot when we only had Edgar on the bench with anything approaching 'experience'. Of your list, only Owen, Martins, Faye and Beye are good/fit enough to play every week IMO, with the keeper pretty much meh.

We need four new players; cover/competition for Enrique, a replacement for Viduka, another good centre-half (Bassong looked promising) and a midfielder who can hopefully do everything - Butt is past it and we have no creativity in there.

And that's assuming the other players like N'Zogbia etc can turn around their fortunes and start playing...

I know it's only a friendly and we had a few of our better players missing, but three weeks from the start of the season and our best player is a fucking 22-year-old centre-half who isn't even ours. Not good.

Not sure if its true but ive read that on SSN that Keegan said our midfield is ok and we need 2 cover full backs and thats it.  :weep: please someone tell me its bullshit

from today, i think we need at least 4 or 5 new players to build a decent squad, its way too small if we get 4 or 5 players injured at once. especially in defence and attack.

I disagree with him totally that RB and LB are priorities, I have to say.

Our need for a striker has increased even more with Oba's tragic news. Who knows when he will be back, how fit and where his head will be? That leaves us (potentially) with Viduka and Owen who are both great players but both also happen to be made of glass and beyond them, we have absolutely nothing.

I disagree with him totally that RB and LB are priorities, I have to say.

You can't go through a season with one left back and one right back though. That surely HAS to be priority, no two ways about it.

You can get away with having a makeshift LB or RB (e.g. one of the centre halves, N'Zogbia, Geremi) you can't get away with having Shola and/or Smith starting a Premiership game.