Barton or Bowyer

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Overall Bowyer was a better player.

I remember reading an interview with Johnathan Woodgate and he said that Lee Bowyer is probably the fittest player hes ever met. He said that during the court case thing, both him and Bowyer hadnt played for about a month...or trained. But Bowyer was still fit enough start for Leeds, apparently.

Trouble wise their both on par but Bowyer was better than Barton.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

sick of saying this, bowyer = innocent, so unfair to put him in the same bracket as barton

They are both overrated shit-houses who we should have avoided like the plague.

Similar players as well.........light weight, one-paced, can't beat a man, weak as piss, powder puff shooting tossers, that offer next to nothing on the pitch.

sick of saying this, bowyer = innocent, so unfair to put him in the same bracket as barton

He might have got away with it, but I know exactly what happened and believe you me, he was far from innocent.

Why didn't you try to stop it?

He might have got away with it, but I know exactly what happened and believe you me, he was far from innocent.

:laugh:

I was holding Bowyer's coat.

Overall Bowyer was a better player.

I remember reading an interview with Johnathan Woodgate and he said that Lee Bowyer is probably the fittest player hes ever met. He said that during the court case thing, both him and Bowyer hadnt played for about a month...or trained. But Bowyer was still fit enough start for Leeds, apparently.

Trouble wise their both on par but Bowyer was better than Barton.

yeah, the point I was making earlier was that he had the best engine of just about anyone i'd ever seen. Yet some construed that as me saying he's Zidane and Gattuso rolled into one

Bowyer was fucking wank for us. Barton hasn't been much better to be fair... it's a toughy.

I'd probably rather have Barton.

Baffles me when people say Bowyer was our best midfielder in that 04/05 (Souness) season. He was atrocious whenever i saw him.

Bowyer was f***ing w*** for us. Barton hasn't been much better to be fair... it's a toughy.

Baffles me when people say Bowyer was our best midfielder in that 04/05 (Souness) season. He was atrocious whenever i saw him.

who was better? Bowyer by far scored the most goals and offered most defensively

Bowyer was f***ing w*** for us. Barton hasn't been much better to be fair... it's a toughy.

who was better? Bowyer by far scored the most goals and offered most defensively

Dyer, probably Robert. Milner and Ambrose should have got more pitch-time aswell. I can remember Ambrose coming back into the team and scoring two in two and being very influential at Fulham (think it was).

Dyer, probably Robert. Milner and Ambrose should have got more pitch-time aswell. I can remember Ambrose coming back into the team and scoring two in two and being very influential at Fulham (think it was).

Ameobi also scored in that game  O0

Dyer was woeful in that season like. Let's be honest it was littered with bad decisions by the c***. I remember 4-3-3 away at Bolton with Ambrose playing instead of Robert because "we have to build a more solid foundation" - the c***

Barton, by a country mile. Decent first touch and considerably better passer of the ball. He's been shit for us in comparison to the real Joey Barton because of his problems, both injury/fitness and off-field.

Barton also has good ability that he's unfortunately just not shown bar the very odd glimpse. I think twice last season he hit a pass that has been absolutely outstanding - great technique and execution resulting in a fantastic final ball. It's something he's certainly capable of, naturally not on a regular basis as he's no Zidane, but h at least he has it in his locker and will attempt it when its on.

Bowyer on the other hand was from the Alan Smith school of footballers. Most of the time he was a mediocre footballer on the ball beyond having a half decent first touch - some of his performances on the right wing were amongst the worst ive seen for us in recent times, granted that wasnt his "natural" position but he would've made Fumaca look a half decent player, which isnt right for a midfielder who supposedly has some ability,. out of position or not - and his passing was shit (probably had one "real" assist, e.g. a through ball, in his 3 years here) but had a good engine, ability to get stuck in, and a knack of getting on the end of chances frequently - the last of which didnt count for much as 99 times out of 100 he'd either scuff his shot or hit it weakly straight at the keeper. In all, I think he had about 3 to 4 good games with us in 3 seasons.

Barton, by a country mile. Decent first touch and considerably better passer of the ball. He's been s*** for us in comparison to the real Joey Barton because of his problems, both injury/fitness and off-field.

Barton also has good ability that he's unfortunately just not shown bar the very odd glimpse. I think twice last season he hit a pass that has been absolutely outstanding - great technique and execution resulting in a fantastic final ball. It's something he's certainly capable of, naturally not on a regular basis as he's no Zidane, but h at least he has it in his locker and will attempt it when its on.

Bowyer on the other hand was from the Alan Smith school of footballers. Most of the time he was a mediocre footballer on the ball beyond having a half decent first touch - some of his performances on the right wing were amongst the worst ive seen for us in recent times, granted that wasnt his "natural" position but he would've made Fumaca look a half decent player, which isnt right for a midfielder who supposedly has some ability,. out of position or not - and his passing was s*** (probably had one "real" assist, e.g. a through ball, in his 3 years here) but had a good engine, ability to get stuck in, and a knack of getting on the end of chances frequently - the last of which didnt count for much as 99 times out of 100 he'd either scuff his shot or hit it weakly straight at the keeper. In all, I think he had about 3 to 4 good games with us in 3 seasons.

Cant grumble at much of that. Although Bowyer was a beast against Bolton a couple of seasons ago at SJP. Scored a belter.

Guest David Kelly

Bowyer is possibly a rascist little shit and Barton is definitely a fucking arsehole.  Barton never recaptured his Leeds form here but he still did a lot more than Barton has managed.  He had some games where he played really well and Barton (baring a few friendlies at the begining of last season) hasn't done that.

Of the two, Bowyer any day but I can think of a hell of a lot of midfielders who have played here who I would pick over both of them (even Dyer).

And Woodgate who was found guilty of playing a part in the same incident is still seen as some sort of hero up here.  I wonder why.

And Woodgate who was found guilty of playing a part in the same incident is still seen as some sort of hero up here.  I wonder why.

Quality player (as per your point). Still wish we hadnt sold him. That £13mill went down the drain on Boumsong, Babayaro & Faye.