Anyone looked over the fence?

Guest Heneage

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Their signings may be a slight improvement in what they have already, but that's not saying much. I find the Mackems reaction to these mediocre signings truly laughable.

Guest Geordie_Paul

They're good enough to improve the mackems team but for the toon I would see them more as backup which still isn't a bad thing since that is definately what we need more of. However wouldn't like to see Diouf here at all!!

I think their squad is shaping up quite nicely, actually...providing the intended outcome Keane is going for is a clash of titan egos.

If they don't gel as a unit quickly, there'll be trouble in the Keane household.

It's phase two for them, last year was survival and this year they want to close the gap to mid-table sides. With this in mind the players they are putting together are fine. Malbranque is very underated and can play even better in the middle than on the left. Diouf is a very talented player.

A little ashamed to admit this but i actually think that Keane is on his way to becoming an excellent manager, i think it was something of a miracle to keep them up with the shit he signed last year; his teams are well drilled and have a good strong mentality, one of their major problem last year was that they signed some real shit and just had dire quality throughout the squad - i just thought that that was a real weakness of Keane but this year he seems to of been able to consistenlty sign a very good calibre of player for thier club which shows that maybe he couldnt manage to attract the talent last year.

For the first time in many MANY years i actually think the derby could be an interesting one.

The pieces of the jigsaws are definitely there - even the most blinkered fans should be able to see that.

Guest ObaStar

They won the championship and spent 40 million during the summer. He would have been sacked if he had not have been able to keep them up.

They won the championship and spent 40 million during the summer. He would have been sacked if he had not have been able to keep them up.

He kept them up. And imo they continue to move forward.

Micky Horseswill on the legends was bragging about how they are getting nearer to giving us a good game.

To me this epitomises all that is wrong with Sunderland, as they need to be giving 19 teams a good game, not just us,

Thier obsession with us, only feeds our Greatness.

Micky Horseswill on the legends was bragging about how they are getting nearer to giving us a good game.

I'm worried to be fair. They're signing Spurs players and we've not beaten them for ages.

I'm worried to be fair. They're signing Spurs players and we've not beaten them for ages.

thought we slapped them last season?

:lol:

I think that Wullie was being sarcastic, the devil.  :pow:

I think that Wullie was being sarcastic, the devil.  :pow:

Im so used to seeing absolute pessimism on here, just assumed ........ :thdn:

An honest assesment of all of the Mackems buys:

Nick Colgan- Don't know anything about him, but someone who was released by Ipswich can't exactly be shithot, can he? Anyway, makes them look silly with five senior keepers (Gordon, Ward, Fulop and T. Carson being the other 4).

Pascal Chimbonda - If the figures of £5m that are being banded around are correct then Ramos and Levy must be laughing. Chimbonda is an absolute mercenary who is an excellent physical player, but he's very poor with the ball at his feet and he is lacking in the technical department.

Steed Malbranque - Assuming he signs of course, then Malbranque for £5m could be a very shrewd piece of business - here you have a very nippy winger who is excellent with the ball at his feet and scores quite a few goals too.

El Hadji Diouf - £2.5m is a good price if maybe a little expensive, Diouf is a decent enough winger without anything that special in his locker. Although he doesn't score even nearly enough goals for an attacking winger or occasional striker.

Teemu Tainio - One of those players who never seems to do much, Tainio is a waste of £3m really. If he was a free transfer or for a nominal fee then it wouldn't be as bad, but Tainio never actually seemed to contribute anything whatsoever to the Spurs line-up. Again, good business by Spurs if anything.

David Meyler - Brought in to give Keane light sexual favours, yet another crap Irish youngster is bought to fill a place in the reserves.

a very fair unbiased critique of their signings, well put :)

I like to think I've made a difference.  :smug:

Whilst our squad is probably better than theirs in quality by quite some margin, is it seriously unthinkable that they won't possibly close the gap further...possibly even overtaking us this season at some point? ???

Sunderland's problem is though, that for every Richardson, Malbranque, Diouf, Chimbonda & Gordon, there's a Higginbotham, Collins, Chopra, Leadbitter or Murphy.

At this rate that will be a problem of the past, that is where this thread is heading isn't it?

Sunderland fans singing at Forest " Bring on the geordies " fucks sake they sign a load of rejects from a bottom half premiership team and think they are set to take on the world