The Best Performance You've Seen From Us?

Tooj

The first half against Leicester in the season we went it, 6-0 at half time against a team in the playoffs was simply amazing.

From out PL days prolly the 7-1 versus Spuds in Keegan's last home game (first time around), we thoroughly dismantled them.

i'm gonna ask for NE5's help here.......1974-75 V liverpool (original postponed due to high winds) were we actually as good in that first half as my 7 year old eyes believed ?

there really are a few. no doubt they'll be listed.

i'm gonna ask for NE5's help here.......1974-75 V liverpool (original postponed due to high winds) were we actually as good in that first half as my 7 year old eyes believed ?

Was that the game Super Mac got his hat-trick on his home debut? Bit before my time like. ;)

Was that the game Super Mac got his hat-trick on his home debut? Bit before my time like. ;)

that was a few of years before. this was a wednesday night at SJP. we won 4-1 and were 3 up after about half an hour (supermac 2 and tudor iirc)

Quite a few games spring to mind, but for me it has to be that game against West Ham at home in 1996. That is all.

Was that the Monday night game, won 3-0?

Yeah. The one with the ridiculous shot count:goal ratio.

Quite a few games spring to mind, but for me it has to be that game against West Ham at home in 1996. That is all.

Aye. We absolutely hammered them, I've never seen anything like it. I think it might have been Les Sealey in goal for them, but we could have easily got double figures that night and nobody couldn't have said we didn't deserve it.

Cant see much beyond the 5-0 against Man U game really.

result wise yes...but theres been a few times when we've dominated teams and looked very classy. in that game it was very even till 3-0

afraid to say I was working down south and missed it  :coolsmiley:

Was told it was "revenge" for the Cup Final defeat - but I don't hold water with such bollocks. How do you avenge a Cup Final defeat with a league win ?

Only thrashing them in a Cup Final would make up for it.

The 3-0 league win ie Coles hat trick, was one of my most enjoyable games, and the whole day was great. In particular the hammering we gave them, the knowledge that we were better than them at last and proved it conclusively. We beat Everton 4-1 at home in November 1976 just before Gordon Lee left for Everton, we were brilliant that night, and played like a top side. There are loads of games but for a one off the 5-0 against manure has to be the best.

Difficult as you have to take into account the opposition. Spurs 7-1 didn't turn up, WH weren't up to much. First half Leicester 7-1 was fantastic. Parts of the Man u 5-0 were brilliant but I'd go for either Inter away 2-2 or SBR first home game 8-0 Sheff Wed. Both games had meaning.

nah, that was 3-2 mate. In actual fact, Liverpool were probably the best side that day, they put a lot of pressure on us but it was Macs day.

nah, that was 3-2 mate. In actual fact, Liverpool were probably the best side that day, they put a lot of pressure on us but it was Macs day.

I remember seeing him getting absolutely KO'd by Clemence I think it was in goal for them. Didn't KK score as well that day for Liverpool?

They've never made me prouder than walloping Leicester in the new kit in '93. 6-0 at half time and I was buzzing. We ripped them to shreds.

The 5-0 Man U game was sweet but they'd broken my heart 6 months earlier. 15-0 wouldn't have made up for losing the League.

Guest shagthefluff

easily the west ham game in 96 in terms of performance. cant remember exactly but didnt we have over 50 attempts on goal that night. think les sealey(rip) got man of the match which shows how good it was. remember tino being on a different level in that game. fond memories

I remember seeing him getting absolutely KO'd by Clemence I think it was in goal for them. Didn't KK score as well that day for Liverpool?

i thin k he did. i'm gonna toonstat it to make sure i have my details right aswell.

edit...yes keegan did score and  hughes for them.

the game i'm on about supermac 2,tudor and barrowclough (sure barrowclough had a brilliant first half) and brian hall for them (iirc diving header far post from a corner just before half time)

Aye. We absolutely hammered them, I've never seen anything like it. I think it might have been Les Sealey in goal for them, but we could have easily got double figures that night and nobody couldn't have said we didn't deserve it.

t'was

3-0 at QPR - Sunday evening game iirc (circa 93/94 in the PL)

3rd goal (again iirc) was worked by Cole and finished by Beardsley. Stunning stuff. Was the day I fell in love with everything Newcastle United.

edit: upon checking, it was 2-1 away at QPR. The 3-0 was home to Liverpool, with a Cole hattrick

Damn you Tooj! you're bringing back some memories!

The 4-0 at home to Ferencvaros was quite impressive in that we were chilled most of the game, and scored every time we decided to score. THAT Ginola goal just made it all the more special!

3-0 at QPR - Sunday evening game iirc (circa 93/94 in the PL)

3rd goal (again iirc) was worked by Cole and finished by Beardsley. Stunning stuff. Was the day I fell in love with everything Newcastle United.

edit: upon checking, it was 2-1 away at QPR. The 3-0 was home to Liverpool, with a Cole hattrick

first goal leeeee clarke and he stamped on a soon to be toon darren peacock. tht cole-beadsley goal was fantastic. one of those moments when you watch other teams and think " i wish my team could do that"....BUT IT WAS MY TEAM.