RCD Mallorca 1 - 0 Newcastle - 03/08/08 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

People's reactions in this thread is quite possibly the most entertaining thing of the entire 'cup' :lol:

Anyone want to bet on what time NE5 will turn up to gloat about the result?

11.38pm.

Guest neesy111

if Taylor, Smith, Ameobi, Milner or Edgar get anywhere near the first team next year we're going nowhere

Taylor is Bramble with 2 less mistakes during a game but minus points for his long passing!

Taylor doesn't make Bramble's comical 1 in 4 errors, but he's just constantly shite. At least Bramble was good some of the time.

his fucking defending for their goal was bloody sunday league stuff

i've lost it with milner after geremi and smith the worst player in our team, can't cross when theres ppl available but when there's nowt he does, slows down play awfully and ball control is terrible

Yeah, it was one of those games when Milner drives you spare. He just doesn't release the ball at the right time. I've kept an open mind up till now, but if the scousers think they can make something of him, I say let them try.

As with Friday, you just couldn't see where a goal was going to come from.

Bassong and Edgar played well. Only plus point I guess.

Only watched the second half, but thought we were poor.  The game could have gone on for several days and we still wouldn't have scored.

I noticed our players were all playing at completely different tempo from each other.  Duff was trying to play a quicker game, but the players around him wouldn't ever make a run to compliment a faster attacking move, so when Duff looked to pass it there was nobody ready for it.  Cacapa just isn't right for the holding role, he gave the ball away a couple of times.  Enrique did ok and bombed forward when he could. I thought Bassong was best thing about the game as he always seemed to win the ball with some good pace and strength to his game.  Smith was awful, his first touch is so poor he could never control and move to keep an attack going.  He must be sold, he can't compete at Premiership level anymore.

Disappointed that we lacked any vision or team movement to create some decent chances.  Real Mallorca looked good and seemed to pass and move so quickly that they could always get to our box and shoot.

We're three players short, get them in and I'd be confident of us getting a top 8 finish.

we need full back cover, an attacking/creative midfield player and a mobile quick forward.  We've 6 strikers, but they're 4 big lads and 2 little ones, if Owen & Oba are out we are screwed with none of the big lads able to play together, no movement and no one in midfield to break past the forward, Charlie would do it  but don't think KK will play him central.

if Taylor, Smith, Ameobi, Milner or Edgar get anywhere near the first team next year we're going nowhere

Taylor is Bramble with 2 less mistakes during a game but minus points for his long passing!

Taylor doesn't make Bramble's comical 1 in 4 errors, but he's just constantly s****. At least Bramble was good some of the time.

his f***ing defending for their goal was bloody sunday league stuff

are you in the least bit surprised? Taylor reads the game like a stoned and pissed blind man

Guest neesy111

Taylor doesn't make Bramble's comical 1 in 4 errors, but he's just constantly s****. At least Bramble was good some of the time.

are you in the least bit surprised? Taylor reads the game like a stoned and pissed blind man

nope banged on about it for last 18 months

i can't believe some fans want him to partner coloccini, madness

Yep then he blamed Edgar for it!

Laughable

Guest neesy111

Any team with all its strikers out is pretty bad relying on Smith says it all DOOOOMED before a ball was kicked

8 first team players out, any team would struggle with that kind of number, the only positive thing was we looked ok defending wise, apart from taylor

tonight was abysmal, but it was actually our reserves if you think about it. or average first-teamers/reserves.

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan to improve (to a championship side)

N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Martins Owen Viduka will make every bit of difference. Smith and Shola are s**** back-ups, we need to sell those 2 and bring in someone else, unless Carroll performs half decent.

So if you think of our squad for next season, we will be half decent tbh, just need 2 or 3 more additions and i will be happy. If we sell Smith i will show my little white arse in fenwicks window.  

Given

Beye   Coloccini? Faye  Enrique

Gutierrez Butt Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Martins                            

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing, carroll for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

I actually thought Edgar had come on leaps and bounds compared to how he played for us last year.

Taylor/Edgar are reasonable cover, at current form, for Faye/Coloccini and Beye respectively.

Milner, on current form, shouldn't get near our team.

Ameobi and Smith?  Hopefully they'll become lolly-pop men; it's more their pace.

tonight was abysmal, but it was actually our reserves if you think about it. or average first-teamers/reserves.

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan i dont like the lad.N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Martins Owen Viduka will make every bit of difference. Smith and Shola are s**** back-ups, we need to sell those 2 and bring in someone else, unless Carroll performs half decent.

So if you think of our squad for next season, we will be half decent tbh, just need 2 or 3 more additions and i will be happy. If we sell Smith i will show my little white arse in fenwicks window.  

Given

Owen Martins                            

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

Bit harsh on Edgar? didn't think he was too bad.  He just didn't offering anything going forward on the right flank.

Yep then he blamed Edgar for it!

Laughable

Tbf when I saw it I was surprised Edgar didn't jump for it, unless he got a shout he must take some of the blame because he didn't make any effort to get it out of the danger area.

Guest neesy111

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan i dont like the lad.N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Given

Owen Martins                            

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

Bit harsh on Edgar? didn't think he was too bad.  He just didn't offering anything going forward on the right flank.

tbf the options available in front of him in midfield was bad enough

Faye, Beye and a new defender (Coloccini?) will make us stronger at the back, 2 of Taylor Bassong and Cacapa as back-up, Edgar cant be back-up, needs to go out on loan to improve (to a championship side)

N'Zogbia Butt Gutierrez and eventually Barton will help our midfield especially for back-up but we need a new defensive midfielder

Given

Owen Martins                            

that is actually a good side, with players like harper, taylor, bassong, milner, viduka/new signing, carroll for cover sitting on the bench then i will be reasonably happy tbh, easily a top 10 finish with good training.

Haway th ladss  O0

100% agreed

Given

Owen Martins                            

Haway th ladss  O0

Which is fair enough considering he isn't a RB.

Bassong looked promising,  and with Coloccini in,  and Faye/Beye back,  we shouldn't be too bad next year at the back.  Bassong is supposedly comfortable at left-back too,  which is handy.

Desperately need a creative midfielder now,  though