Newcastle 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 06/08/08 - post match reaction from page 23

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could it work? I doubt Owen will be back nor Viduka and KK said he wanted to turn Jobas into a striker.

---------------Given

Beye-----Faye------Bassong----Enrique

--------------Guthrie

Milner---------Zoggy------------Duff

----------Jonas---------Oba

Worth a try imo! We need some creativity and movement.

Guest Stephen927

Might as well play a youth striker up front. They have to cut their teeth some time and it's not as though Shola and Smudge contribute much.

Guest Stephen927

Surely at this stage its more about getting first team players match fit rather than blooding youngsters...

Fit or not, do you think Smith will contribute this season?  :lol:

Nows the time to let a younger striker play up front, no pressure and in front of a home crowd.

Surely at this stage its more about getting first team players match fit rather than blooding youngsters...

Fit or not, do you think Smith will contribute this season?  :lol:

Nows the time to let a younger striker play up front, no pressure and in front of a home crowd.

Aye true Smith won't play much, but he is a first team player and to drop him and play a kid does not send the right message to Smith.

Yeah it may say up your game if you want to play but KK seems to like him so he aint gonna drop him for a youngster.

We are getting players back fit anyway so Smith may be on the bench and we can play our so called stars.

We could try this and even the bench looks okay..

--------------Given

Beye----Faye-----Bassong----Enrique

---------------Butt

---Guthrie---------------Zoggy

--------------Jonas

----Owen-------------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Edgar

Cacapa

Geremi

Duff

Milner

Pre season friendlies are a complete waste of time and money.

Personally would like to see us go back to our policy of not playing Home Friendlies that seemed to be in force until the last couple of seasons.

How will last season's under-performing members of the team get booed properly if we're playing all our friendlies away?

Based on the poll at the top of this thread we are going to be looking at a very low crowd on Wednesday night, if only 1 in 10 are going to be going, from thise who have answered the poll, we could well have sub 10k in the ground!!

I am going to both upcoming games, I have missed football since the season finished.

Pre season friendlies are a complete waste of time and money.

Personally would like to see us go back to our policy of not playing Home Friendlies that seemed to be in force until the last couple of seasons.

How will last season's under-performing members of the team get booed properly if we're playing all our friendlies away?

They won't and they'll therefore be able to relax and build up confidence instead of having what little confidence they have booed out of them.

Aye true Smith won't play much, but he is a first team player and to drop him and play a kid does not send the right message to Smith.

It would. The right message "We consider this untried kid to be a better prospect for scoring a goal than you. Get your agent to find you a new club as you'll get no games here. You're not wanted." would get through to Smith loud and clear.

Guest optimistic nit

.... and KK said he wanted to turn Jobas into a striker.

He did?

Something along those lines aye. :D

Keegan eyes striking role for Jonas Gutierrez

Jul 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/22/keegan-eyes-striking-role-for-jonas-gutierrez-72703-21382085/

his goalscoring record from midfield is harldy prolific like.

Year in year out they fail to price these shitty games properly and will therefore get one of the worst crowds in history.

When will these fuckers learn?, it should be about £3 for adults, £5 max.

Wankers.

Guest neesy111

Jonas likely to be playing  :celb:

NEW boy Jonas Gutierrez says he cannot contain his excitement ahead of a potential home debut against PSV Eindhoven at St James’s Park tomorrow night.

This will be the first chance most United fans will get to see the man from the provinces of Buenos Aires – and against top-class opposition in the Dutch giants.

The Argentina international showed some good touches in Friday’s game with Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin in the Mallorca Summer Cup during Newcastle’s Spanish tour but sat out the 1-0 defeat against his old club on Sunday.

Gutierrez has made an instant impact with his team-mates and coaching staff on Tyneside and Keegan has said it feels like he has been here “five years not five minutes”.

Anyone jumping to the conclusion that his departure from Real Mallorca may have made for a frosty return last week was proved wrong. The South American winger was inundated with well-wishers, and news that he would make his debut in Majorca for United was plastered all over the sports Press in Spain on Friday morning.

The man who could simply don the name Jonas on the back of his shirt this season told the Chronicle: “I cannot say how much I am looking forward to playing at St James’s Park for the first time.

“We have some good games coming up against PSV Eindhoven and Valencia.

“They are both technical teams and it will be good for me to get familiar with the home stadium.”

Gutierrez caused a frenzy amongst the Spanish media at the ONO Stadium with cameras keen to catch a shot of him in his new club colours.

Speaking on the trip to his old stamping ground he says: “It was good to go back to Majorca and see some of my friends. I wanted to go there and help Newcastle win something at my old club.”

The pony-tailed winger made an early impression on his team-mates at United when, after signing, he turned down the chance to return to Palma and sort out his personal business.

Even though he knew there was no chance of playing at Hartlepool United or Doncaster Rovers, he still insisted on making the trips to get to know his new pals.

He added: “I wanted to play as soon as I got here.

“I had to wait, but that moment came on Friday night and it was a good experience.”

Yet one thing Gutierrez wanted to make clear to supporters was that he was here to help improve Newcastle and their place in the Premier League.

He added: “The aim for us is to do much better than the last season. I know that already.

“We’ll look at it match to match. But I look forward to next season a lot.”