Have we been in such a mess even before a ball is kicked before ?

Guest Phil K

we've got a better midfield

How?

Guthrie/Guitterez may work out but I don't see them being instantly better than Barton/Emre.

Even if they are marginally better which is possible that's still not a significant leap up in quality which going by our failing last year of not creating chances is what concerns me.

The pursuit of Modric/Aimar gives me confidence that KK know this but no matter what you say, time is running out.

How?

Guthrie/Guitterez may work out but I don't see them being instantly better than Barton/Emre.

Even if they are marginally better which is possible that's still not a significant leap up in quality which going by our failing last year of not creating chances is what concerns me.

The pursuit of Modric/Aimar gives me confidence that KK know this but no matter what you say, time is running out.

You're having a laugh, we've still got Barton and Emre hardly ever played and when he did he had as many shit games as good so he'll not be missed.

We've brought in two Internationals? Are you having a laugh. We've nearly brought in one.

:lol:

What are you on about?

If we're dealing in facts, Gutierrez is an international. Coloccini certainly is also, and Bassong has played for the French U21s.

Guest neesy111

How?

You're having a laugh, we've still got Barton and Emre hardly ever played and when he did he had as many shit games as good so he'll not be missed.

total goals from them 2 last season = 2, awful, the fact that charlie will be playing in midfield next season improves it more

We've brought in two Internationals? Are you having a laugh. We've nearly brought in one.

:lol:

We've brought in one and the other is almost done, put your dummy away.

My dummy?  :lol:

I could put it where your head is; is there room for both?  :smug:

For some bizaree reason FSW in the US was showing an old  Newcastle Sunderland match yesterday--4-1, Chopra, Shearer, N'Zogbia, Luque. Shearer's last.

This was our team:

Given, Carr, Bramble, Moore, Babayaro, Solano, (Amdy) Faye, Clark (Chopra 59), N'Zogbia (Boumsong 88), Dyer, Shearer (Luque 71). It was awful to watch. Awful. I had finally managed to forget how much I viscerally hated so many of our own players.

Roeder guided those players to 7th.

Stop whining. Please.

if we are going to play shit, pre-season is the time to get it out of the system!

Of course its nice to win, even when its a friendly, but surely people understand that the performances players put in during friendlies is nothing like the effort and commitment they put in to a real competive game.  I watched the game last night and I didn't like the performance, but end of the day I know its a friendly and despite what failings I witnessed, I know they are capable of much more.

Nobody was going to bust a gut to beat Doncaster or Real Mallorca.  How would anyone feel if a player pulled a muscle trying to push himself too much to win a friendly? they'd come down on them for trying to a win a nothing game.

pre season does not mean sh.t

so i won't worry about it

The results don't mean much granted, wouldn't say that about the rest of it though.

Still - you can have a terrible pre-season and a decent regular season.  Makes things harder perhaps but is doable.

Guest neesy111

The results don't mean much granted, wouldn't say that about the rest of it though.

Still - you can have a terrible pre-season and a decent regular season.  Makes things harder perhaps but is doable.

or you can have an excellent pre-season and have a shit one! i.e. us last season

or you can have an excellent pre-season and have a shit one! i.e. us last season

Exactly, even Smith and Carroll scored last year didn't they? Look how that turned out.

or you can have an excellent pre-season and have a s*** one! i.e. us last season

last season wasn't excellent. the results were ok but the performances on the whole were awful.

pre-season i'd rather play well and get beat in every game than win playing poorly. this pre season has been too dis-joionted through injuries and giving players rest after internationals.

Guest neesy111

or you can have an excellent pre-season and have a s*** one! i.e. us last season

last season wasn't excellent. the results were ok but the performances on the whole were awful.

pre-season i'd rather play well and get beat in every game than win playing poorly. this pre season has been too dis-joionted through injuries and giving players rest after internationals.

the thing is we won't expect to win our first 2 away games, but i would expect to beat bolton & hull

What I'm guessing is that Keegan is employing the same kind of tactics I do on FM.  I always have a shit preseason in terms of results in FM and it's because everyone's on full aerobic and strength training and not much ball control / tactical / shooting or attacking.  Towards the end I switch them over and get off to a little bit of a slow start but that extra fitness training in the offseason does good for us towards the end of the season. 

I think the quotes will back up the fact he's really focusing on the fitness side right now.  We'll pay the price by losing a few meaningless friendlies but we'll be thanking him come February.

How?

We'll be lucky to see Barton before xmas - the point stands that you think the midfield has improved - I think it may have but only by a pretty slim margin.

How?

total goals from them 2 last season = 2, awful, the fact that charlie will be playing in midfield next season improves it more

Guthrie - one goal for Bolton, Gutterirez - 5 goals in his life.

What I'm guessing is that Keegan is employing the same kind of tactics I do on FM.  I always have a shit preseason in terms of results in FM and it's because everyone's on full aerobic and strength training and not much ball control / tactical / shooting or attacking.  Towards the end I switch them over and get off to a little bit of a slow start but that extra fitness training in the offseason does good for us towards the end of the season. 

I think the quotes will back up the fact he's really focusing on the fitness side right now.  We'll pay the price by losing a few meaningless friendlies but we'll be thanking him come February.

I assume that's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but he has basically said on record that we've done little or nothing on tactics and set-pieces etc. It's been almost all about getting them fit.

We'll be lucky to see Barton before xmas - the point stands that you think the midfield has improved - I think it may have but only by a pretty slim margin.

Only time will tell.