Man Utd (A) - Jonas confirmed available!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

is Geremi injured or something? nobody seems keen on him starting ahead of Butt, with the exception of yours truly

Nope he's perfectly fit which doesn't change anything.

it changes the fact that Nicky Butt should be anywhere near the team

on last seasons form i'd rather butt than geremi.

is Geremi injured or something? nobody seems keen on him starting ahead of Butt, with the exception of yours truly

Nope he's perfectly fit which doesn't change anything.

I'd have Geremi in ahead of Butt. Just like i'd have Harper in ahead of Given. There's no way Keegan will do so though, so there isn't much point speculating really.

So why wasn't he in your team and Charlie was?

Well i dunno, suppose it wasn't quite as clear cut. He does like to have N'Zogbia in the team...

Not really worth debating anyway. :razz:

I'm not a big Geremi fan but he played a part in our good form from April onwards. Butt's just a liability man

What does geremi offer in CM apart from being neat and tidy to the extent where he's scared to take a risk.

for all Butts faults at least he can still put a few tackles in

I'm not a big Geremi fan but he played a part in our good form from April onwards. Butt's just a liability man

Butt played just as big a part tbh, was probably better in his role than Geremi.

Either way, neither is much better than the other as far as I can see.

Geremi did relatively well towards the end of the season playing on the right side. If we're playing two genuine wingers in Milner and Jonas then we can't afford Geremi's trudging about and sloppy passing in the middle.

It's plain to see that central midfield is our Achilles heel. I don't know much about Guthrie, so I can't comment, but surely Keegan will be bringing a central midfielder in before the deadline.

Let's wait and see who else arrives before arguing about whether Butt is shitter than Geremi.

It's plain to see that central midfield is our Achilles heel. I don't know much about Guthrie, so I can't comment, but surely Keegan will be bringing a central midfielder in before the deadline.

Let's wait and see who else arrives before arguing about whether Butt is shitter than Geremi.

all well and good but the premiership season starts for us on Sunday

it does but what if it were the difference between getting an ordinary player now or a quality player on august 30th ?

Man Utd away.

If we're going to get one out of the way, it might as well be this one.

speaking of wingers, where did the likes of Laurent Robert go? the out and wingers who would spend 80% of the game not involved in the slightest

They're out of fashion right now.

speaking of wingers, where did the likes of Laurent Robert go? the out and wingers who would spend 80% of the game not involved in the slightest

They're out of fashion right now.

Yep. Gok Wan thinks they don't work hard enough defensively.

Who says the club are taking that attitude? ???  Seems only doom mongers are really taking that attitude, lets all assume Jonas can't play, and Martins won't feature, and Coloccini won't be ready.  Why not imagine Rooney, Nani, Ronaldo, Saha ect are all fit as well then we can really wallow in self pity.

All I can do is laugh at the "OMG the club are so s***, they can't even be bothered to sort out Colo and Jonas to play for this game wtf!!!111" mongs.

That is all  :smug:

If we have the players who are available now minus   owen out as rumoured and the 2 argys not having papers and signed it will be  even more of a up hill battle  and have no confidence in us getting a point  knowing our history down there but things may change but atm i feel fookin annoyed that we go into our first game of the season in such a mess  :-[

Who says the club are taking that attitude? ???  Seems only doom mongers are really taking that attitude, lets all assume Jonas can't play, and Martins won't feature, and Coloccini won't be ready.  Why not imagine Rooney, Nani, Ronaldo, Saha ect are all fit as well then we can really wallow in self pity.

All I can do is laugh at the "OMG the club are so s***, they can't even be bothered to sort out Colo and Jonas to play for this game wtf!!!111" mongs.

That is all  :smug:

If we have the players who are available now minus   owen out as rumoured and the 2 argys not having papers and signed it will be  even more of a up hill battle  and have no confidence in us getting a point  knowing our history down there [glow=red,2,300]but things may[/glow] [glow=red,2,300]change[/glow] but atm i feel fookin annoyed that we go into our first game of the season in such a mess  :-[

Hardly a doommonger but stating facts that its hardly the best start for our first game ,i highlighted my words to show that things could change so there  :snod:

I think KK will go with a safety-first attitude on Sunday tbh.

If he plays two wingers (or wide midfielders?) Jonas and Duff/Zog/Milner, then I can see him playing just Martins up front and another three in midfield.....Butt, Geremi & Guthrie.

Playing two wingers and two up front is just asking to be ripped a new one away at OT.

If he plays two wingers (or wide midfielders?) Jonas and Duff/Zog/Milner, then I can see him playing just Martins up front and another three in midfield.....Butt, Geremi & Guthrie.

Playing two wingers and two up front is just asking to be ripped a new one away at OT.

he wont play two up front but will play a link man between the one up front and the mifield.

he wont play two up front but will play a link man between the one up front and the mifield.

Was a longer winded way of saying I think he'll go 4-3-3 planning (hoping) that Jonas and the other one has the energy to keep chasing back to prop up the midfield for 90mins.

Had seen a couple of posts (and lots without to be fair) with two or one + one then the midfield with two wide men, thats ok at home or against the supposed poorer teams, but not away at OT.

The lack of 2 fit strikers is a problem but lets not forget where we are going here, Man Ure away is in the top four hardest away fixtures, I don't care about all this Man Ure are slow starters blah blah blah, I will take a 0-0 and be over the moon, a clean sheet is paramount and lets see if Oba can nick one.

---------------Given

--------Tayl---Colo---Caca

Beye---------------------------Enr

-------Guthrie-------Butt

----Jonas--------------Zoggy

-------------Martins