Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Anyone know who Niles team was as a kid ? he a Spud or Gooder?

He's a gooner isn't he

Then offer Ian Wright Wright Wright a few quid to coach him one on one, he needs someone he will look upto, Wright is bound to be his hero.

Guest Nikos34

For god's sake give the lad a break! He has never been given a chance. You can count the starts he's had on one hand!

Nile should have been playing up top with Carroll long ago but sadly he's only ever going to have a stump up top with him now.

Despite his infancy, he still looks the most dangerous striker we have. And he is only going to improve, where as Shola (bless him) will not.

Lovenkrands is finished.

You could argue Best hasn't had much time either but he shows absolutely no promise at all and more noticeably, he doesn't seem to care.

All this criticism of Ranger is completely unfair. Get behind the kid because, like it or not, he is all we have right now.

He is only 19 (3 years younger than Carroll) and the lad looks lively and he HAS got great potential. So let's not destroy him hey!

For god's sake give the lad a break! He has never been given a chance. You can count the starts he's had on one hand!

Nile should have been playing up top with Carroll long ago but sadly he's only ever going to have a stump up top with him now.

Despite his infancy, he still looks the most dangerous striker we have. And he is only going to improve, where as Shola (bless him) will not.

Lovenkrands is finished.

You could argue Best hasn't had much time either but he shows absolutely no promise at all and more noticeably, he doesn't seem to care.

All this criticism of Ranger is completely unfair. Get behind the kid because, like it or not, he is all we have right now.

He is only 19 (3 years younger than Carroll) and the lad looks lively and he HAS got great potential. So let's not destroy him hey!

The critcism isn't unfair, he's either playing well or he isn't regardless of his age.

I think he does have potential, but at this moment he or any of our other strikers aren't good enough.

The critcism isn't unfair, he's either playing well or he isn't regardless of his age.

I think he does have potential, but at this moment he or any of our other strikers aren't good enough.

Very few strikers would do anythig with the service ours were given last night.

Guest Heneage

He couldn't even hold the ball up.

He DID more than once

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He DID more than once

For the majority of the game, he didn't. And when he did, it wasn't good enough. No wonder we couldn't link anything together. Obviously he has a lot of time ahead of him, but he has a lot of things to work on in his game.

If he can't hold the ball up shouldn't the team try to play to his strengths instead of his weaknesses?  Asking him to hold the ball up whilst holding off experienced Premiership defenders most of whom will be much stronger & more experienced than him is an exercise in futility.  But that's not his fault, that's how he's being played and he's totally unsuited to the role.

Why not try playing to his strengths instead?  Let him stay on the shoulder of the defenders & play balls in behind so he can use his pace to beat defenders instead of hoping that he can play in the same way as much more experienced players like Shola.

Is Tino still knocking about ?

Mind fkn hell would he be the best influence on Nile

:lol:

Could imagine that working out, actually. Ranger would be shown he's mediocre as fuck off the pitch in comparison, so he might start focusing on his football.

If he can't hold the ball up shouldn't the team try to play to his strengths instead of his weaknesses?  Asking him to hold the ball up whilst holding off experienced Premiership defenders most of whom will be much stronger & more experienced than him is an exercise in futility.  But that's not his fault, that's how he's being played and he's totally unsuited to the role.

Why not try playing to his strengths instead?  Let him stay on the shoulder of the defenders & play balls in behind so he can use his pace to beat defenders instead of hoping that he can play in the same way as much more experienced players like Shola.

To be fair he looked a lot better when he concentrated on holding up the ball and getting other players involved, as opposed to trying to do everything himself. It wasn't that long ago when people criticised him for being too unselfish.

Guest Heneage

What has that got to do with what I posted?  The service to the forwards was s****.

The ball was played into him and he couldn't hold it up, to purely blame the service is being ignorant to the fact he can't do what he's supposed to be good at.

The funny thing is Ranger is a LOT better than Carroll was at his age, after all Carroll iirc couldn't even run with a ball and 19 AND he had for a season to play. Ranger is fast, strong and tbh VERY unlucky not to have scored. I'd take him over Lovenkrands and Best any day.

Ranger is fast, strong and tbh VERY unlucky not to have scored. I'd take him over Lovenkrands and Best any day.

Got to disagree with you. Ranger is first and foremost an impact-player. He got a physical awareness that scares the opponent. But he got few other abilities to the games right now. The game against Fulham showed that he got a lot to learn, especially when it comes to making the right choices on the pitch. He made the wrong initiatives and only taking runs when the ball was passed in his direction. He got no technique (yet) and his finishing skills are just horrendous. Lovenkrants on the other hand is very good in beating the offside trap. He will have a clean breakthrough during the game. The problem is that our midfield is not able to play on this particular strength of his. He never or seldom gets any breakthrough ball. I've seen some good runs from his side that would have taken him straight to  the goal, but the pass never arrives.  However, Loven needs to play in a 4-4-2 system, preferably with Sholadinhio, but he's now injured.  Best on the other hand got technique, but he obviously suffers from some mental problem: His body is on the pitch, but not his mind, his not focused enough, which I think has hindered his development.

However, I agree that Ranger got potential. But he needs to play day in and out on a lower level to hone is skills. Carroll was rubbish before he got one whole season in Wankership, and this is also the solution for Ranger. We have no attacker with possession skills to play with Loven in 4-4-2, and when Ben Arfa, Gosling and Ireland is back, we have no attacker to play in a 4-5-1 role, because that formation also requires an attacker that is able keeping the ball so the rest of the midfield (and Nolan in particular) can move upwards. In other words, we to strike gold on the free transfer market asap

Ranger is fast, strong and tbh VERY unlucky not to have scored. I'd take him over Lovenkrands and Best any day.

Got to disagree with you. Ranger is first and foremost an impact-player. He got a physical awareness that scares the opponent. But he got few other abilities to the games right now. The game against Fulham showed that he got a lot to learn, especially when it comes to making the right choices on the pitch. He made the wrong initiatives and only taking runs when the ball was passed in his direction. He got no technique (yet) and his finishing skills are just horrendous. Lovenkrants on the other hand is very good in beating the offside trap. He will have a clean breakthrough during the game. The problem is that our midfield is not able to play on this particular strength of his. He never or seldom gets any breakthrough ball. I've seen some good runs from his side that would have taken him straight to  the goal, but the pass never arrives.  However, Loven needs to play in a 4-4-2 system, preferably with Sholadinhio, but he's now injured.  Best on the other hand got technique, but he obviously suffers from some mental problem: His body is on the pitch, but not his mind, his not focused enough, which I think has hindered his development.

However, I agree that Ranger got potential. But he needs to play day in and out on a lower level to hone is skills. Carroll was rubbish before he got one whole season in Wankership, and this is also the solution for Ranger. The conclusion is that we do not attackers. We have no attacker with possession skills to play with Loven in 4-4-2, and when Ben Arfa, Gosling and Ireland is back, we have no attacker to play in a 4-5-1 role, because that formation also requires an attacker that is able keeping the ball so the rest of the midfield (and Nolan in particular) can move upwards. In other words, we to strike gold on the free transfer marked asap

I do agree with you about the loan bit, but seriously Lovenkrands??? He is crap,really crap and has no impact on the game what so ever when he comes on unlike Ranger who you've gotta say does. Fulham have a very good defense and you can't blame him for struggling against a defense the likes of Van Der Vaart struggle against. At this stage I would say we need an impact player like Ranger, at least to keep teams on their toes so that the Likes of Ireland and Ben Arfa can go about their thing and grab a goal or two. I think that he could be vital in a lot of 1-0 wins against weak defences and to be honest at this stage in the season we need any points we can.

Harsh to judge Ranger against the Fulham defence, I was there when Fulham played us at home and Carroll didn't get much change out of them either, and they were a lot weaker then.

Valid point, but I think both attackers should have had much more movement. To dismantle a good defense, you must have move continually. But Best and Ranger seemed uninterested in that department. Because the attackers did not move, they created no room for the midfield and the midfield had few passing alternatives because Best and Rangers did not create space between themselves and the defense. Both did not move at all unless the ball was heading towards their direction. An attacker must make a run, regardless, because when he moves, he stretches the defense and makes room for others. And that requires football intelligence, which Best and Ranger do not have, for now.

The ball was played into him and he couldn't hold it up, to purely blame the service is being ignorant to the fact he can't do what he's supposed to be good at.

He had the ball in the box 4 times and had our best shot when he had no right to have even bothered the keeper because he had two defenders between him and the keeper.  It was the only time that he was in a position to get a shot in on goal.  Most of the time he was given the ball was in ineffective areas of the pitch because the midfield rarely supported the forwards.  Ranger was given the ball once when facing goal and that was when he managed to trouble the keeper.

If our forwards are going to have a chance then they need to be given something to work with and that means giving them something close to the box to run on to. 

I dont think Ranger will start tomorrow, can see Best up front with Nolan off him.  Guthrie and Tiote also in a five man midfield.

I like Ranger off the bench, his physical attributes make him a useful impact player.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I dont think Ranger will start tomorrow, can see Best up front with Nolan off him.  Guthrie and Tiote also in a five man midfield.

I like Ranger off the bench, his physical attributes make him a useful impact player.

Pretty much what I expect.