Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Roger Kint

He needs to learn to think when he is playing as he makes too many bad choices. That stupid yellow card and complete lack of awareness with Guthrie shows why he cant be starting any time soon. This is the sort of thing he should be knuckling down to in training so hopefully the positive change in attitude Pardew mentioned will see him work on that side of his game.

Guest johnson293

First I'd heard of this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3418377/Newcastle-United-striker-Nile-Ranger-in-clear.html

A GIRL has dropped a claim that she was attacked by Premier League star Nile Ranger.

Chelsea McIntosh, 18, posted a Facebook photo showing what appeared to be blood on her face.

She told online pals the Newcastle United striker, 19, "smacked me in the head" at a city nightclub and claimed she needed eight stitches.

But cops checked CCTV footage and could find no evidence of an assault. She then withdrew the complaint.

Police said Chelsea now "accepted that no assault had taken place".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3418377/Newcastle-United-striker-Nile-Ranger-in-clear.html

A GIRL has dropped a claim that she was attacked by Premier League star Nile Ranger.

Chelsea McIntosh, 18, posted a Facebook photo showing what appeared to be blood on her face.

She told online pals the Newcastle United striker, 19, "smacked me in the head" at a city nightclub and claimed she needed eight stitches.

But cops checked CCTV footage and could find no evidence of an assault. She then withdrew the complaint.

Fuking daft cunt. Hope someone clobbers her properly for lying.

Stupid hoe

Daft bint

Still, you cover yourself in stupid tattoos and spend your time trawling dodgy nightclubs, you're always going to be a target for allegations like that.  Never seems to happen to Steve Harper does it?

Harper could be his grandfather!

Fuking daft c***. Hope someone clobbers her properly for lying.

:lol:

Still, you cover yourself in stupid tattoos and spend your time trawling dodgy nightclubs, you're always going to be a target for allegations like that.  Never seems to happen to Steve Harper does it?

Having tattoos, what an arsehole. Send him to prison. :angry:

Having tattoos, what an arsehole. Send him to prison. :angry:

Young lad with tattoos and goes to nightclubs.

Scum of the earth tbh.

Alan Pardew believes Nile Ranger has shown vast improvement since the manager's arrival at Newcastle.

The 19-year-old striker had previously come under fire for a lack of professionalism and has been seen as something of a rough diamond, but Pardew insists he is changing his ways.

Ranger has made 16 substitute appearances in the Premier League this season and is expected to see more action over the coming weeks following the departure of Andy Carroll.

Pardew reckons Ranger has a big role to play and feels he is now showing the drive and determination to make it at the top level.

"Nile is going to be vital for us between now and the end of the season," he told the Chronicle. "We keep talking about professionalism to him and he's taking it on board.

Poor time-keeping

"His time-keeping has improved and he's starting to improve at the training ground now on a daily basis. That all bodes well - he's getting better as a player, he will only get better."

Ranger has proved to be an effective impact player in recent weeks, making a big difference off the bench as Newcastle fought back to draw 4-4 with Arsenal.

Ranger was dejected after missing a golden opportunity to score in the 5-0 win over West Ham, and although he is still searching for his first Premier League goal, Pardew believes he is not far from being the finished article.

"He has all of the qualities to make it - he now needs to enhance those," said the Newcastle boss.

Pace

"Nile's got such pace he actually gets under centre-halves. Once he gets past them, they aren't coming back.

"It's about improving his technique, something we're working on.

"When that chance comes, he needs to take the net off with it. Nile now knows that, and it's up to him to take it

I've got a lot of time for the lad, reckon he's better than any of the other strikers on our books at present but needs game time to settle and become productive. He arguably has the potential to be very good and, although it's no use crying over spilt milk, could have proved to be a wonderful partner for Carroll. Be rather ironical if we sell him for 20m+ in a couple of years and he and Carroll end up Englands first choice pairing.

Mind you, I could be wrong, there's some on here have said he's shite.

Ranger & Best would be my preferred two upfront. Pardew must give him a run of games in the squad so he can build confidence and get that goal, once he does I think we'll see a totally different Ranger by the end of the season, someone who'll be good enough for a starting role without question.

Carroll was in Ranger's situation 2 years ago, young player on the bench and he is a great player now. Ranger can be too, we can only wait and see..

Ranger is better now than Carroll was 2 years ago, I doubt that he'll make the kind of improvement that Carroll did from Christmas before last until he left though.

Ranger needs to be loaned out next season. And I prefer Loven together with Best. Loven makes those intelligent runs that nobody else in the team does. The problem is that he's not getting the balls he needs. Although Jonas spotted him nicely against Bham.  Also Loven makes Jonas better, and visa versa.

Loven's series of games have done him good and he's improved for each game. I predicted from him against Bham, and I expect one when we meet Bolton.

I've said this before, but I feel inclined to say it again.

I disagree with the assertion that Ranger is better than Carroll was at a similar age / stage of development.  Carroll possessed a sounder positional awareness to Ranger when at similar 'stages' of development.  His performances felt maturer, he was consistent and he looked like a seasoned footballer.  It was this framework that allowed Carroll to rapidly develop, coupled in with his astonishing rise in mental strength. 

Ranger is raw in his link-up play, he looks positionally inexperienced and he lacks the right form of composure in front of goal.  He has shown only glimpses of his potential, seemingly only when up against tired legs in stretched games.  Finally, I very much doubt that he has the personality and mental strength to improve his game sufficiently over the next 2/3 vital years.

For me, as of now, Ranger wont make it. 

I've said this before, but I feel inclined to say it again.

I disagree with the assertion that Ranger is better than Carroll was at a similar age / stage of development.  Carroll possessed a sounder positional awareness to Ranger when at similar 'stages' of development.  His performances felt maturer, he was consistent and he looked like a seasoned footballer.  It was this framework that allowed Carroll to rapidly develop, coupled in with his astonishing rise in mental strength. 

Ranger is raw in his link-up play, he looks positionally inexperienced and he lacks the right form of composure in front of goal.  He has shown only glimpses of his potential, seemingly only when up against tired legs in stretched games.  Finally, I very much doubt that he has the personality and mental strength to improve his game sufficiently over the next 2/3 vital years.

For me, as of now, Ranger wont make it. 

Carroll was far from consistent 2 years ago, it was only really from that Cardiff game last season when Hughton persisted with the two wingers and Lovenkrands up front that he really came into his own.

There were times in the Championship before that were he was strutting around without putting the effort in. As soon as that effort came, that's when he became consistent.

Carroll was rubbish in our relegation season imo. He had no technique and lack of awareness to handle the pace in PL. Championship made him the player he's today. So Ranger is ahead, development-wise. I think he could have the same fantastic development he was loaned out to a championship club next season