Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Must go out on loan next season. Currently, ineffectual.

They won't though. Should get banners for the next game to get the point across, "Loan Ranger"

I think he would already have been loaned out if we weren't so short of bodies up front. Hopefully we can do it next season.

f***ing s****.  Get rid.

Bullshit. Loan would be perfect.

It would be if it had a buy clause after so many games written into the loan contract.  He will never be good enough to be a 1st XI Prem player.

:rolleyes:

Way too cliche, but he's got raw ability there. Just needs to learn how to use it properly.

Wasn't disappointed as such with him tonight, but that's purely because I didn't expect much from him :lol: I was pleased he was brought on, but I was still expecting 0-0.

f***ing s****.  Get rid.

It would be if it had a buy clause after so many games written into the loan contract.  He will never be good enough to be a 1st XI Prem player.

Give it a rest. He is a young player with raw talent, and has shown how good could he can be from time to time. We have basically nothing to win by selling him. May loose a future good/decent player for nowt. Stupid.

f***ing s****.  Get rid.

Give it a rest. He is a young player with raw talent, and has shown how good could he can be from time to time. We have basically nothing to win by selling him. May loose a future good/decent player for nowt. Stupid.

Spot on

f***ing s****.  Get rid.

He must be good at hiding it.

Guest Mantis

Regardless of opposition, opportunity or time on pitch, can the lovers honestly say you have seen the hunger and right attitude in this kid? He's been here long enough. Ferguson has showed more hunger and his build is what he is trying to overcome. Ranger will need a thousand chances before he wakes up. By then it will be gone.

Regardless of opposition, opportunity or time on pitch, can the lovers honestly say you have seen the hunger and right attitude in this kid? He's been here long enough. Ferguson has showed more hunger and his build is what he is trying to overcome. Ranger will need a thousand chances before he wakes up. By then it will be gone.

Aye that's the danger, I've posted multiple times that he needs to pull his finger out. The good thing is that he's young enough to realise and do it, whether he does or not we'll see.

Not sure if that qualifies as being a 'lover'.

Aye that's the danger, I've posted multiple times that he needs to pull his finger out. The good thing is that he's young enough to realise and do it, whether he does or not we'll see.

Not sure if that qualifies as being a 'lover'.

It's not a danger, it's already happening!  He needed to pull out his finger about 18 months ago.

Thought he was pretty awful today, but what struck me was his warming up at half time. Fuck me, if he's like that in training no wonder he doesn't get picked and always looks knackered. A row full of lads doing those jogging knee circle things and there's Nile, sticking out like a sore thumb and jogging along, lifting his foot about 2 inches off the ground while everyone else has their knee at chest hight. Same with the twists, everyone with their elbows out, swinging back and forth, with Ranger with his arms down and slightly bent. Then they get in a circle and ask him to to in the middle and he slouches in like Kevin the Teenager being sent to his room. When they do drugs tests do they test for weed or just performance enhancers?

That doesn't surprise me. What he needs to realise is that when he does that, he's giving the wrong message to himself. If he takes a slapdash attitude to his preparation, it's going to be difficult for him to be in the right frame of mind when he gets on the pitch.

Guest BooBoo

What worries me with Ranger is that he hasn't improved at all as the season has gone on. I anything he looks worse every time he gets on.

I think he needs to experience struggling in the Championship for a while and realizing that he isn't actually that good.

That half-season at Preston may have done Carroll a lot more good developmentally than initially apparent..

Does anyone here actually know what goes on day in day out with the lad? Because some people harp on on here to the point of embarrassment. The lad hasn't been enough starts to have f'd it up or shown a drastic improvement and in a handful of games in an impact role he's looked effective. He's clearly a bit of a tool but some people would have you believe he's the devil incarnate. Perhaps needs a loan to improve or a decent striker to play alongside and learn from. In all honesty I don't think many of us are informed enough to make too much of his progress (or lack thereof) so far. I think some people need to wind their necks in a bit.

Does anyone here actually know what goes on day in day out with the lad? Because some people harp on on here to the point of embarrassment. The lad hasn't been enough starts to have f'd it up or shown a drastic improvement and in a handful of games in an impact role he's looked effective. He's clearly a bit of a tool but some people would have you believe he's the devil incarnate. Perhaps needs a loan to improve or a decent striker to play alongside and learn from. In all honesty I don't think many of us are informed enough to make too much of his progress (or lack thereof) so far. I think some people need to wind their necks in a bit.

I'm not his best friend or anything but judging by the noises coming out of the club I think it's clearly apparent that his attitude and effort in training are becoming a problem.