Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest frazernufc

"The 6ft 4ins striker" from the NUFC link, I feel cool to be 6' 4 now ;D I'm sure he was 6' 2 not long ago, he still seems to be shooting up

"The 6ft 4ins striker" from the NUFC link, I feel cool to be 6' 4 now ;D I'm sure he was 6' 2 not long ago, he still seems to be shooting up

Now??

Being 6' 4 is the business, and always has been.

My personal favourite is going to gigs and commenting on the footwear of the various members of the band to the vertically challenged people beside me. They're so busy straining for just a glimpse of the guys on stage that they don't realise they're having the piss taken out of them.

Guest geordienorway

90 pages :nile: :nile: :nile: :nile: :nile: :nile: :nile: :nile:

At least he's playng now! The first 50 he was completely unknown.

Ah I remember when everyone thought he was Gomis, when Sky showed him sat in the stands watching us play.

:lol:

That wasn't Ranger though.

Now??

My personal favourite is going to gigs and commenting on the footwear of the various members of the band to the vertically challenged people beside me. They're so busy straining for just a glimpse of the guys on stage that they don't realise they're having the piss taken out of them.

Not a chance in hell Nile is 6'4 btw. 6 foot maybe.

You're wrong Shak, being tall is rubbish for just about everything besides basketball. You only sit on an aeroplane or hit your head on a low ceiling to realise this. (nearly killed myself by walking into the top of a door last week.)

Now??

Not a chance in hell Nile is 6'4 btw. 6 foot maybe.

You're wrong Shak, being tall is rubbish for just about everything besides basketball. You only sit on an aeroplane or hit your head on a low ceiling to realise this. (nearly killed myself by walking into the top of a door last week.)

He's easily 6ft 4ins.

Footballers are significantly smaller than players in other sports. I met the whole Nigeria and Chelsea squads and the only players my height were Cech and Kanu.

When I went to an NBA game, the majority of the players and coaches were absolutely massive, and towered over everyone but the other players.

Footballers are significantly smaller than players in other sports. I met the whole Nigeria and Chelsea squads and the only players my height were Cech and Kanu.

When I went to an NBA game, the majority of the players and coaches were absolutely massive, and towered over everyone but the other players.

That's why football is the best game in the world. You can be equally effective at 5ft as 7ft. :snod:

Ranger's quick enough to catch pigeons - Holloway  :snod:

BLACKPOOL boss Ian Holloway reckons Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger will be a real handful in the Championship – as he's quick enough to catch pigeons!

Ranger dropped down to the bench for last night's game at Bloomfield Road after three successive starts.

While Andy Carroll – who came in for the 18-year-old – more than justified his return by scoring Newcastle's goal, Ranger has made such an impression for Chris Hughton's side his pace up front was missed, and some fans felt they should have been paired from the start.

Ranger almost stole a point for United in injury time after coming off the bench, with defender Stephen Crainey stopping his header on the line.

Asked about Ranger, the eccentric Holloway said: "Have a look at their sub when he came on – he can catch pigeons that boy. Deary, deary me!"

At the other end, Holloway's side caused havoc for Newcastle, whose defence – and indeed team – he rates as the best in the Championship now those who don't want to play for the shirt have departed St James's Park.

Holloway said: "If you look at their back four, arguably they're one of the strongest in the division.

"I think they've got rid of a lot of people who weren't really wearing the shirt with pride.

"They've kept a group of people who have really set about us.

"They didn't come here and not fancy it, they were at it, and we were at it, and we just managed to scrape a victory.

"I was delighted we saw it through at the end, with all the big lads they've got."

Winger Hameur Bouazza was a constant threat for Blackpool, and Holloway added: "I said to the squad, 'if you watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks, one of my favourite films, that's what Hameur can do'. He can blaze a trail, and we need that.

"It was a fantastic performance from him to unlock that back door, and open up a back four."

Ranger's quick enough to catch pigeons - Holloway  :snod:

Winger Hameur Bouazza was a constant threat for Blackpool, and Holloway added: "I said to the squad, 'if you watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks, one of my favourite films, that's what Hameur can do'. He can blaze a trail, and we need that.

"It was a fantastic performance from him to unlock that back door, and open up a back four."

:lol:

Thought he did well today. Included an absolutely ridiculous bit of skill in their box followed by a lovely back heel. Seems strong, skillful and fast I hope he continues to show good form and improve. Love how he walks round with his hands on his hips.