Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Half the time when he comes on we've given up attacking.  Granted he missed his chance on Saturday but if he had the same chance 10 times over he score 8/9 times.

Clearly not though, he's missed lots of chances of similiar ease.

Which ones?  ???

Saturdays was not easy.. ease coz the keeper was out of position but getting on the end of that cross was not easy at all.

I agree it wasn't a sitter, probably harder than Smith's because the ball seemed to come across quick after the deflection.

I really can't remember that many sitters he's missed, mainly because I don't think there have been many.

He would have been off and running goalwise by now if he had been given enough starts.

A blind man can see his pace, power and agility are too much for a lot of the opponents. He cant hurt them while sitting on the bench.

Massively frustrating to watch him being held back.

am i the only one lost on this nile ranger love in ?.

he came in and held the ball up well against leicester without ever looking like scoring. against ipswich he was unlucky with a couple of chances without playing well (if we can say harewood scored 2 and done nowt else on saturday the same standards should apply to ranger) and he's been fairly anonymous in his other outings.

he's a good prospect but "A blind man can see his pace, power and agility are too much for a lot of the opponents." is taking the piss in my humblest.

he came in and held the ball up well against leicester without ever looking like scoring. against ipswich he was unlucky with a couple of chances without playing well (if we can say harewood scored 2 and done nowt else on saturday the same standards should apply to ranger) and he's been fairly anonymous in his other outings.

he's a good prospect but "A blind man can see his pace, power and agility are too much for a lot of the opponents." is taking the piss in my humblest.

Those replies may look daft in the near future, I hope!

Those replies may look daft in the near future, I hope!

i doubt however he plays in the future can change my opinion of how he has played so far.

good prospect mind.

He has done well most of the times he's played. The results of the games he's started/come on back that up, he's very good at keeping the ball and laying off possession & creating movement around him. We've had very good results with him in the side, upfront alone & with Carroll. He's had far less game time recently & so has looked more anonymous. If he was getting full games like the others & not 20 mins each week at the end of the games, he'd likely still be impressing. Its been the same case with lovenkrands really.

He has done well most of the times he's played. The results of the games he's started/come on back that up, he's very good at keeping the ball and laying off possession & creating movement around him. We've had very good results with him in the side, upfront alone & with Carroll. He's had far less game time recently & so has looked more anonymous. If he was getting full games like the others & not 20 mins each week at the end of the games, he'd likely still be impressing. Its been the same case with lovenkrands really.

he was poor against cardiff, same home to QPR.

if you want to go down the route of results when he plays i'm sure you'll be nicky butts cheerleader for this season as he's been missing for 2 of our 3 defeats.

Ranger had a hand in our goal against Cardiff.

Who do you think did well against Cardiff & QPR ? Because the rest of our side were class those games.

The results back up his performances, it should be obvious why you cant use Butt in the same argument. Even when ignoring that his performances have been gash. Different positions, different levels of influence over the game. Butt can be crap and still not effect much. If Ranger was crap we often wouldnt have scored when he played, as we mainly kicked it long.

The difference is, we know for a fact the other players are more than capable in the championship. Ranger's proved nowt yet.

Apart from that we tend to win with him in the side & that he creates chances yeah. What use could that be.

Harewoods likely already had more time upfront in a partnership than Ranger has all season. Thats how much of a chance hes had & hes still managed to get into more positions to score than harewood.